Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite Bael / Krunch /partyinvite 000 and joining

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Default Elite Bael / Krunch /partyinvite 000 and joining

Hi everyone - so...

The other day I conducted a few experiments with the <Elite Runners> and the outcome seemed to be reproducible results that will hopefully help the devs address this bug. Additionally – for those who want to hunt Bael / Krunch, it will hopefully provide some insight into how to solo hunt them and still be able to invite your friends once you do (if you do) find them.

The /partyinvite 000 command is more than likely a dev command that’s leftover from beta testing etc, for some way for them to test map join functions etc… we use it to solo maps.

If you use that command from inside a map that’s NOT a town map, you will lock maps down and nobody will be able to join you.

However,

If you are in town and use that command, then proceed to a map. You can then invite others to a party and have them join you.

I have confirmed this worked properly on a Bael spawn as well – although was only able to test it once as Bael is so rare. Maybe if the devs give my toon 100% spawn rate for Bael for a few hours I can do some more extensive testing HAHAH JK..

So – all that being said, I hope this helps you guys pinpoint the root cause of this bug and get a correction in place. In the meantime – if some other players could test this and help to determine any additional valuable information for the devs, please add it here.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I have found bael and krunch several times while using the /partyinvite 000 function and have never had any problem inviting friends. I also always use this command in town and never in a map. In fact, strangely enough if you do try to use it in a map while other people are there I often find it will try to invite everyone in the map to your party. So I have a feeling that you may be right about using the /partyinvite 000 in map, but I am kind of confused why people would ever use this command while in a map and not before they enter a map. Perhaps people who have had problems with getting friends locked out can share when they used the /partyinvite 000 command for their runs....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    I have found bael and krunch several times while using the /partyinvite 000 function and have never had any problem inviting friends. I also always use this command in town and never in a map. In fact, strangely enough if you do try to use it in a map while other people are there I often find it will try to invite everyone in the map to your party. So I have a feeling that you may be right about using the /partyinvite 000 in map, but I am kind of confused why people would ever use this command while in a map and not before they enter a map. Perhaps people who have had problems with getting friends locked out can share when they used the /partyinvite 000 command for their runs....
    The only time I've ever done it in a map is when I forgot to do so in town... when I get to the map if nobody is there - I would /partyinvite... now I know better

Thanks for the input Grim!

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Its folly to use this not before you enter there, because if the map isnt empty, then this command will invite everyone on the map for your party.

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Spacetime Studios Dev
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts

Passed this on to programming

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lojack For This Useful Post: