Thread: How to Avoid Scam(s).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Exclamation How to Avoid Scam(s).

What types of scam are out there?

Banking, credit card and online account scams – these scams aim to get you to hand over your banking and personal information by sending you emails, often saying they are from your bank, asking you to verify your account details, including your password.

How do I avoid scams?

Platinum:

1) Don’t respond to offers, deals or requests for your personal details. Stop. Take time to independently check the request or offer.

2) Never send money or give credit card, account or other personal details to anyone who makes unsolicited offers or requests for your information.

3) Don’t open unsolicited emails or click on a link provided in an unsolicited email as it will probably lead to a fake website designed to trick you into providing personal details.

4) As I notice, there were some players asking for platinum to buy for him/her, never ever ever ever ever EVER! give a platinum for someone you dont know.

IG Money:

1) Never trust anyone, unless you know them in real life.

2) If there trying to sell accounts, never buy it because of course it is a type of scam.

3) There is a kind of Scam that they will say that "Can I borrow your Vanity?"... Dont. Even your closest friend.

What to do if you have been scammed(credit card/Platinum)

1) If you have given your bank or credit card details to a scammer, contact the bank or credit card organisation to freeze your accounts before the scammer steals your money.

2) Send an email to support@spacetimestudios.com

Need Help? Please Visit STS's Support Website by clicking HERE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zenxpro View Post
    What types of scam are out there?

Banking, credit card and online account scams – these scams aim to get you to hand over your banking and personal information by sending you emails, often saying they are from your bank, asking you to verify your account details, including your password.

How do I avoid scams?

Platinum:

1) Don’t respond to offers, deals or requests for your personal details. Stop. Take time to independently check the request or offer.

2) Never send money or give credit card, account or other personal details to anyone who makes unsolicited offers or requests for your information.

3) Don’t open unsolicited emails or click on a link provided in an unsolicited email as it will probably lead to a fake website designed to trick you into providing personal details.

4) As I notice, there were some players asking for platinum to buy for him/her, never ever ever ever ever EVER! give a platinum for someone you dont know.

IG Money:

1) Never trust anyone, unless you know them in real life.

2) If there trying to sell accounts, never buy it because of course it is a type of scam.

3) There is a kind of Scam that they will say that "Can I borrow your Vanity?"... Dont. Even your closest friend.

What to do if you have been scammed(credit card/Platinum)

1) If you have given your bank or credit card details to a scammer, contact the bank or credit card organisation to freeze your accounts before the scammer steals your money.

2) Send an email to support@spacetimestudios.com
    Nifty and all. But you can't give platinum, as far as I know. Would have to give RL money so they could buy it. As to the never let someone borrow a vanity, not even your closest friend? Silly. I've borrowed Axes, Given K stones, Lent Gamers, Lent the entire 5 Spiked helms set out... Know the people you deal with. Don't just accept or add friends just so you can have a huge friends list. Don't trust people you don't know/haven't run with. Use common sense. I can nottstress that enough. Other than that, a very nice warning post for those that don't know out there. I applaud you.
    It doesn't matter how many men you have....they are still no match for ME....- LuBu
    Sometimes the brightest and most beautiful star, is the one best viewed from afar. IGN- Notasparkly

3. The Following User Says Thank You to canislupis081376 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by canislupis081376 View Post
    Nifty and all. But you can't give platinum, as far as I know. Would have to give RL money so they could buy it. As to the never let someone borrow a vanity, not even your closest friend? Silly. I've borrowed Axes, Given K stones, Lent Gamers, Lent the entire 5 Spiked helms set out... Know the people you deal with. Don't just accept or add friends just so you can have a huge friends list. Don't trust people you don't know/haven't run with. Use common sense. I can nottstress that enough. Other than that, a very nice warning post for those that don't know out there. I applaud you.
    I understand, some friends are trusted but most are not so this is why im keeping it safe. Yes, you can be given a platinum by giving your email and password etc. This is another type of scamming, when you gave it out, your toasted. Thanks for reading it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts

A couple other points....

- be extra cautious when a lower level character is trying to buy a high dollar item and offers more than auction house listings....it is most likely a scam
    - watch the number of digits in trade window...popular scam is one where they drop a digit..it has been mentioned in other threads

And I am like Notasparkly....I do have a few friends who we lend items to each other for achievements and such. I have been very lucky in that none of my friends have ever disappointed me. I guess a rule of thumb might be don't lend out anything you wouldn't give to them if they asked. Over time once you know they are trustworthy you can lend more valuable items to those close friends.

DL IGNs: doomdoom, doomdoomdoom, littledoom, tinydoom
    Guild Master of Satan's Cheerleaders

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to doomdoomdoom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doomdoomdoom View Post
    A couple other points....

- be extra cautious when a lower level character is trying to buy a high dollar item and offers more than auction house listings....it is most likely a scam
    - watch the number of digits in trade window...popular scam is one where they drop a digit..it has been mentioned in other threads

And I am like Notasparkly....I do have a few friends who we lend items to each other for achievements and such. I have been very lucky in that none of my friends have ever disappointed me. I guess a rule of thumb might be don't lend out anything you wouldn't give to them if they asked. Over time once you know they are trustworthy you can lend more valuable items to those close friends.
    I agree