Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A special thanks to the devs for PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs up A special thanks to the devs for PL

I would like to take this time to thank all the devs for creating and maintaining Pocket Legends over these last several years. Although I have only been playing since this past February, I still appreciate all the work that has gone into the game before I even began playing. I have seen the NUMEROUS posts and replies about how you all no longer care about PL.....about how you are only interested in your other games (AL in particular, and now the new BD).....but I for one have an ENTIRELY different perspective about all of this. Perhaps because I am an older / more mature player than most (42), and have children (4 girls, 3 boys) & 2 grandsons I tend to look at things differently. AL and BD are like other NEWER children to you devs, and a new child or children require more attention than the older sibling or siblings. Jealousy and envy oftentime ensue because the attention and focus are no longer mainly placed upon the older child. This is similar to what I see happening. Spoiled by PL having been the firstborn child, many can't appreciate what they have in this game for what they don't feel they are getting. And for those that would say that I haven't played long enough and would feel the same way if a year plus had passed without a cap I say that I can ALWAYS find a way to enjoy or make enjoyable ANY game I love. Football, basketball, shooting pool..........all of those are games as well, and nothing changes about them for the most part, and I STILL love them. If I'm bored I can always level up a new toon trying a different variation on its spec, farm, quest, etc. But the thing is that I'm only gonna have as much fun playing PL as I allow myself to have. Many should try to think of that because if the cap was raised tomorrow and new content added, I guarantee that many would complain about maps not being good enough, mobs to hard, drops, getting kicked from groups, you name it. I just want to be one of the few people if not the only one to say to all of the devs that I appriciate EVERYTHING about PL that you have done and shall do.....even if the cap is never raised nor any new content added. I have met some wonderful people in my guild, on these forums, and while playing because of this game. I've even saved money and avoided bad situations because of staying home playing PL instead of partying at times or doing other things. These things alone are enough for me to appreciate this game, and the people that have brought it to us. I can only imagine what the devs think and how they feel upon reading DAILY the negative posts and comments about how they don't care about PL and should do this and do that.....say this and say that. If I were a dev that would only frustrate me.....not motivate me. And for anyone that thinks PL will die if they up and quit playing and buying platinum on a regular basis the reality check is that NUMEROUS people begin playing this game daily, and many will play for years just as you have. So while you will be missed, PL will go on. World of Warcraft didn't miss a beat when I got pissed at them for the patch that nerfed level 10-19 twinks right before they released Wrath of the Lich King in '08 and quit playing along with hundreds.....possibly thousands. Thing is MILLIONS kept right on playing.

This post isn't meant to flame or target anyone in any way, shape, form, or fashion. I'm just hoping to enlighten some of another way of looking at this game and what the devs HAVE done as opposed to what they HAVEN'T. And mostly again to give props to all of you devs out there. Keep up the great work, and thanks a million for creating and maintaining this game for us all. I appreciate you as I'm sure many others do. So this post is for you all. Thanks, and have a wonderful weekend.

Dnlitndone - 76 Bear / Ronbeargundy - 1 Bear
    Imyobabymama - 76 Mage / Imyobabydaddy - 72 Bird
    Abnormalities - 71 Fox / Dnlitndonetwo - 53 Rhino
    Tinytwinkmage - 5 Mage / Finaljeopardy - 38 Mage

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Gideon Jean-Claude For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Powerful words...

---Zergeo-----

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I agree but it also sux being the oldest child lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Wise words.
    <Enigmatic>
    Ludens necesse est, vivere non est necesse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Beautiful post more people should consider reading this thread and they would realize not to Flame others and post negative threads because all those threads only make Devs motivation less and less. My respect goes out to you Gideon
    L.15 - Compart - Pro Solo Mage

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Compart For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

I understand where your coming from but at some point enough is enough. I've been trying to find ways to fight the boredom . So I cap another toon. I have one of each now at 76 and started over again with another bird an spend most of my time helping others.
    I am trying to be patient but new content is over due.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

True, PL is one of the best games I've played, one i can play all day and keep coming back to...
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111
    stranger danger
    AL: Lovingly
    PL: Pollasauce, Whatachamp L35

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

U not only one who is olda irl many of my friends have ur age or more n have as many children as u or more n they dun hesitate to tell da truth on forum , even younger playas must say wat they have to say on here . We know when to post a thankful thread n when to post a constructive thread . Glad to hear tat u enjoy pl since uve joined on last feb . Most of my friends r on pl since April 2010 n we help each others to play n enjoy alterra 's world . Sadly lot of them dun play anymore cuz they got bored n we all know ( Sts included ) the reason . Do u realize how hard n sad for us to not c our friends anymore when we log in or to c our friends guilds slowly dying ? Well hope u will still post graceful thread afta 3 n half years of playing pl without new expansion, new gears , new map , new cap , new quests ... Etc ...
    Lady Viviane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I'm glad I can still play the game and have fun. Maybe it's a perk of never having capped one toon; I innocently don't know what I'm missing. Pvp is good to me, I enjoy it. Try as I might, I can't fathom people getting their feelings so hurt over a game. Good post, op.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Although i agree with you on thanking them for making an amazing game, i'll have to disagree on the perspective part. StS business and children are two different things, but are also alike in such matters. A parent who shows more affection to one kid than another, is a bad parent, regardless of the kids' age. Sure, a newborn baby needs special treatment and requires more attencion, but even then, i would find a way to spend to the same amount of time with my other kid. Leaving one kid attentionless/careless is what causes them to act childish and with a disrespectful behavior.

On StS business side, they are doing a great job running their company as it should. A good business will always choose the option that makes them earn more money (this case, AL over other Legends tittles). The only thing that gives sts a bad image, is the lack of attention towards their other games, and that's all. If they were to divide their 30-31 team into the current 5 games just like they did back then when SL and PL were running at a same rate, it would give them a better image as a whole. Just saying, there's the company perspective (more profits, more attention towards) and the player view (i think this game in specific needs more attencion than others), which are two different views that not everyone is seeing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Wow Wow, Wise words.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Ugh, My nose is bleeding due to deep words :0

Need Help? Please Visit STS's Support Website by clicking HERE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Personally, I actually like how 76 cap has lasted this long, and for me I am just enjoying every moment of it. I am an extremely patient person so I wouldn't mind if 76 cap lasted for another year (or two). I don't know if it's the same for everyone else. But to be honest, because I'm also a very talkative and social person, I'm mainly there for my good friends, to have fun with them, stuffing around doing all sorts of silly things that good friends would do. Ans also continuing to make new friends everyday. PL doesn't necessarily have to be about content, however since I came back to PL after going through a break up (irl), my friends have really helped me to move on and forget about it all. And finally, slowly, I got myself to 75, and hopefully I will be able to grind to 76 before cap. By the looks of it, I won't need to worry about missing cap, because I know it's probably not gonna come anytime soon. So for the time being, like I said before, just enjoying every moment.
    Last edited by Apasara; 08-24-2013 at 11:00 PM.
    PL: Apa, Apasa, Apasara
    Character: Archer, Warrior, Enchantress.
    Level: 77, 77, 77
    Legend of Zeroes.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Apasara For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apasara View Post
    Personally, I actually like how 76 cap has lasted this long, and for me I am just enjoying every moment of it. I am an extremely patient person so I wouldn't mind if 76 cap lasted for another one year. I don't know if it's the same for everyone else. But to be honest, because I'm also a very talkative social person, I'm mainly there for my good friends, and also making new friends everyday. PL doesn't necessarily have to be about content. Ever since I came back to PL after going through a break up (irl), my friends have really helped me to move on and forget about it. I also finally, slowly, got myself to 75, and hopefully I will be able to grind to 76 before cap. By the looks of it, I won't need to worry about missing cap, because I know it's probably not gonna come anytime soon. So for the time being, like I said before, just enjoying every moment.
    Wow that's very similar to how i feel ;p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

I wish there was more to enjoy...

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Nice post, buddy I'm also in your age too, hehe I'm mature patient and I have two beautiful kids, playing PL makes me feel like a kid again, making friends, getting call a kid again lol, and even girls too chasing after me for being famous in ctf, I love this game, I'm really greatful with Sts for making a wonderful game, I know people complain a lot, they want this they want that, but a few not they just chill around, but people have limitation too on being patient, why? some people don't want to loose there good friends, why? People going away because being bored (no new things) its hard to make new friends that you really trust and able to talk to, really good friends hard to find, as for the customer service, some people really need help but if the waiting period take longer than usual people will do complain, say you go to a restaurant and you were seated and the restaurant was busy after half an hour sitting still nobody serve you will you complain? Ok your a patient person you can wait, but after 1 hour more waiting still nobody came won't you complain? my point is here not everybody complain so much not everybody also asking too much but the situation need attention people will voice out there concern, I'm one of them that concerns and asking for help. I don't want to flame in this forum I too don't want to complain and also being ungrateful, I'm just voicing my concern for love of this game and friends I know in PL.
    Just sharing my thoughts and opinion.
    Last edited by bglir; 08-25-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Git – Ssneakykills

22. The Following User Says Thank You to bglir For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bglir View Post
    Nice post, buddy I'm also in your age too, hehe I'm mature patient and I have two beautiful kids, playing PL makes me feel like a kid again, making friends, getting call a kid again lol, and even girls too chasing after me for being famous in ctf, I love this game, I'm really greatful with Sts for making a wonderful game, I know people complain a lot, they want this they want that, but a few not they just chill around, but people have limitation too on being patient, why? some people don't want to loose there good friends, why? People going away because being bored (no new things) its hard to make new friends that you really trust and able to talk to, really good friends hard to find, as for the customer service, some people really need help but if the waiting period take longer than usual people will do complain, say you go to a restaurant and you were seated and the restaurant was busy after half an hour sitting still nobody serve you will you complain? Ok your a patient person you can wait, but after 1 hour more waiting still nobody came won't you complain? my point is here not everybody complain so much not everybody also asking too much but the situation need attention people will voice out there concern, I'm one of them that concerns and asking for help. I don't want to flame in this forum I too don't what to complain and also being ungrateful, I'm just voicing my concern for love of this game and friends I know in PL.
    Just sharing my thoughts and opinion.
    Things like this is what we keeps me coming back to PL. Goes to show how close our community is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

World of Warcraft never stood a chance after South Park made an episode on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    I wish there was more to enjoy...
    There is, there always is. Try something new that you haven't done before. And you might find something you enjoy doing.
    Last edited by Apasara; 08-24-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    PL: Apa, Apasa, Apasara
    Character: Archer, Warrior, Enchantress.
    Level: 77, 77, 77
    Legend of Zeroes.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Apasara For This Useful Post: