Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Hooks - Upgraded?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    They should get upgraded along with all arcane at 41 and no sooner. Mages have had to go without an arcane weapon for two expansions and warriors have gone with one expansion without an arcane. So you can think of this upcoming expansion were rogues don't have an arcane weapon. Seems almost fair to me.
    So when the precious arcane staff does not last two expansions after the one it was released in, you will be okay with it? I am not asking for a staggering upgrade, but merely a SLIGHT buff to keep them competitive/make them the best of their class.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    No. They're level 26, their life expectancy is 2 caps, it should stay that way.
    Sure keep them as 26 but remove them from the loot table b/c they will rot as the seasons progress.
    It would be a kick in the balls if you looted a pair of hooks lets say in the next expansion when you clearly know "I could've got an arcane EGG or STAFF or MAUL instead"

Crating is a luxury for VIP players, and VIP players deserve VIP loots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Sure keep them as 26 but remove them from the loot table b/c they will rot as the seasons progress.
    It would be a kick in the balls if you looted a pair of hooks lets say in the next expansion when you clearly know "I could've got an arcane EGG or STAFF or MAUL instead"

The only thing is... they are dead before reaching their life expectancy...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Honestly in my opinion, the prime time where each arcane weapon truley shines and is used, enjoyed, and can be afforded by many elite players is 2 to 3 seasons after it's first introduced.

Only now, i'm finally noticing a jump in the owners of these blades but what's the point? they barely beat l.31 daggers and are going to be worse than l.36 daggers in a week.
    Unless STS's intention is to keep the arcane weapons out of reach for 99.9% of players in the season of release?
    Last edited by gundamsone; 08-25-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Based on what the developers promised in prior threads, I think it is only fair that they get a slight buff to keep them better than the lvl36 legendary daggers. Not too much though, I might add, so they don't become too much of an op twink weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    conclusion: I think arcane weapons SHOULD be good in pve and pvp.
    Fair, but it is no secret that bows, two handed warrior weapons (eg hammers) and guns are the weapon on choice for pvp. Warriors just got lucky with their arcane weapons in terms of pvp whereas rogue and sorcerers did not. Nevertheless, I think that a lot of rogues who had hooks last season used them in pvp and used them effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I would agree with you, but look at L31 maul. It IS extremely OP when comparing it to any other weapon of a warrior's arsenal. The same thing can be said about staff.

However, ask that question about hooks? They were better, yes, but not so much where it made a defining difference.
    We don't yet know the stats of the staff yet in comparison to other legendaries or the mythic gun so lets not jump to conclusions. As with above, staffs have never really been that favored in pvp except for a few select people and builds, and I am going to assume the it will not be heads and shoulders above the rest of the mage guns for pvp until proven otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Thus, by what was told to us, they should be upgraded. The facts are there, David.
    They're clearly not since I'm not the only one disagreeing.

@Gundam, I agree, they should be taken off the loot table. Ruins the exclusiveness of the arcane weapon.
    Last edited by KingFu; 08-25-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

There was a quote stating that they will be the best of their class for 3 expansions (the one they were released in and 2 more following). However, items are catching up earlier then intended, so it is an issue.

What more do you want? Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

There was a quote stating that they will be the best of their class for 3 expansions (the one they were released in and 2 more following). However, items are catching up earlier then intended, so it is an issue.

What more do you want? Lol.
    "Catching up". But whatevs. No point in arguing with you since you'll continue to reiterate the same thing x500.

I like it better when you're talking about pedophiles!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

"Catching up". But whatevs. No point in arguing with you since you'll continue to reiterate the same thing x500.

I like it better when you're talking about pedophiles!
    Check the mountain teeth, David. In the next expansion, the L35 versions WILL surpass the hooks.

Anyways, you did? I'll be sure to entertain you with more pedophile talk whenever I see you on then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post

@Gundam, I agree, they should be taken off the loot table. Ruins the exclusiveness of the arcane weapon.
    Well just to be fair, we got to ask ourselves who benefits from them being taken off the loot table??? You all can come to your own conclusions. Should we also remove hammerjaw from the table since seeing one is ever more common and prices are dropping? We don't know exactly how the loot tables work, and does getting the hooks mean that you would have otherwise gotten another arcane item if hooks were not in the table? Nevertheless, I personally think most people would rather get hooks than getting a worthless pink or 2k gold!
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 08-25-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

What apollo is saying is that sts gave there word , in response they made $$$,$$$ if the wording was different the dollars would be also ,so if they said arcane stays relevant 1 expand they would of made $$,$$$ . So if it was a lie then we know it was a buisness move and can plan better in the future instead of listening to start...that sums it up

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zurko For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Why you gonna make me get hooks zzz. They actually will still be the best for survivability, which you could argue gives you the upper hand.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azepeiete View Post
    Why you gonna make me get hooks zzz. They actually will still be the best for survivability, which you could argue gives you the upper hand.
    To be the best means no compromise, correct? How can something be the best if it's not the best in a specific area?

The fact is, arcane is the best and was told to us that it would be the best in its class for 3 consecutive expansions. So, as a result, with L35 mountain teeth on the horizon, it needs to be upgraded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

A couple of points I want to add to this discussion, which I also discussed with Apollo yesterday...

1) Hooks and Level 26 Mythic Helms both come from Elite Golden Pirate Chests in addition to Locked Crates. I see here players are suggesting that Hooks should be removed from the drop table. I assume a similar request would be made in a future expansion when the next group of mythic helms come out, players will probably request that the level 26 mythic helms also be discontinued as well. If they were to discontinue these items, then why would anyone want to farm the Elite Kraken dungeons? Of what value would Elite Golden Pirate Chests be if they did not contain the best two items from the Kraken expansion?

2) If you were to request that STS makes these changes, I think they might as well also eliminate the Elite Kraken dungeons since nobody would farm there when they can farm the newer elite dungeons for chests that do contain mythic and arcane items.

3) I think a better request would be to just eliminate those items from Locked Crates, and to let them stay in the loot table for the Elite Golden Pirate Chests.

4) You are forgetting that twink items are big business. In PL some of the most pricey items are twink items. A rare item like Arcane Hooks is going to be super valuable for a level 26 PvP twink rogue. For that reason I think the price of such an item will stay very high long after they are useful for end game. I don't think it will be worth 10m anymore at that point, but maybe 5m? In any case, they will be valuable enough that anyone opening a locked crate would be very happy to loot one. If it's not the item you want, then you can sell it.

5) Not everyone who opens locked crates is end game. I'm sure many players would want a chance to loot elite twink items. Since STS has discontinued the elite pinks after each expansion, at least the mythic and arcane items can still be available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    A couple of points I want to add to this discussion, which I also discussed with Apollo yesterday...

1) Hooks and Level 26 Mythic Helms both come from Elite Golden Pirate Chests in addition to Locked Crates. I see here players are suggesting that Hooks should be removed from the drop table. I assume a similar request would be made in a future expansion when the next group of mythic helms come out, players will probably request that the level 26 mythic helms also be discontinued as well. If they were to discontinue these items, then why would anyone want to farm the Elite Kraken dungeons? Of what value would Elite Golden Pirate Chests be if they did not contain the best two items from the Kraken expansion?

2) If you were to request that STS makes these changes, I think they might as well also eliminate the Elite Kraken dungeons since nobody would farm there when they can farm the newer elite dungeons for chests that do contain mythic and arcane items.

3) I think a better request would be to just eliminate those items from Locked Crates, and to let them stay in the loot table for the Elite Golden Pirate Chests.

4) You are forgetting that twink items are big business. In PL some of the most pricey items are twink items. A rare item like Arcane Hooks is going to be super valuable for a level 26 PvP twink rogue. For that reason I think the price of such an item will stay very high long after they are useful for end game. I don't think it will be worth 10m anymore at that point, but maybe 5m? In any case, they will be valuable enough that anyone opening a locked crate would be very happy to loot one. If it's not the item you want, then you can sell it.

5) Not everyone who opens locked crates is end game. I'm sure many players would want a chance to loot elite twink items. Since STS has discontinued the elite pinks after each expansion, at least the mythic and arcane items can still be available.
    Those are some great suggestions, but as of right now, the fact remains that hooks will NOT be lasting 3 expansions as "best in their class" as promised.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Those are some great suggestions, but as of right now, the fact remains that hooks will NOT be lasting 3 expansions as "best in their class" as promised.
    It's a hard issue to fix for this reason.... If they buff them considerably, then won't they be way too OP for level 26 PvP? Maybe they can make the proc significantly better instead of changing the stats. Since procs usually contain percentages instead of fixed numbers, that would cause the proc to scale to the level of the enemy instead of being too OP at level 26.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

To be the best means no compromise, correct? How can something be the best if it's not the best in a specific area?

The fact is, arcane is the best and was told to us that it would be the best in its class for 3 consecutive expansions. So, as a result, with L35 mountain teeth on the horizon, it needs to be upgraded.
    Or they end up nerfing Level 35 Mountain teeth by not scaling them as much or whatever the best Level 36 Rogue blades are for the next expansion to keep the hooks looking good. That's the easiest thing for them to do. I'm just saying, there are unintended consequences sometimes. Because they can't make everyone happy. Something similar happened with the level 26 mage mythic helm because the HP & armor on that thing is very low and the mythic helm had lower armor then the best legendary level 26 helm at the time. Now level 31 helms have better armor & HP then the mage mythic helm but it still has an advantage on damage. But don't you think they took that into account when designing the level 31 legendary helms?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Ran out of thank yous. These are some solid points. I also agree with just buffing the proc of hooks (which Apollo and Energizeric have both mentioned) rather than the actual stats. The reasoning, of course, is the L26 PvP bracket. Not an entirely important aspect of the game right now, but in the future may be extremely popular among players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

It's a hard issue to fix for this reason.... If they buff them considerably, then won't they be way too OP for level 26 PvP? Maybe they can make the proc significantly better instead of changing the stats. Since procs usually contain percentages instead of fixed numbers, that would cause the proc to scale to the level of the enemy instead of being too OP at level 26.
    Yes that would make my hook friends happy The proc buff if upgraded would do wonders!! They should even consider adding the red circle thingy that rotates around the player like the other 2 arcane weapons do would be pretty sweet as well. Hooks are just kind of plain and will be surpassed in every way at 36

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Or they end up nerfing Level 35 Mountain teeth by not scaling them as much or whatever the best Level 36 Rogue blades are for the next expansion to keep the hooks looking good. That's the easiest thing for them to do. I'm just saying, there are unintended consequences sometimes. Because they can't make everyone happy. Something similar happened with the level 26 mage mythic helm because the HP & armor on that thing is very low and the mythic helm had lower armor then the best legendary level 26 helm at the time. Now level 31 helms have better armor & HP then the mage mythic helm but it still has an advantage on damage. But don't you think they took that into account when designing the level 31 legendary helms?
    Mythic helm is getting upgraded beyond the 1 season that was promised so I don't think you can use that as an example. The hooks, however, are not.

Also, like stated numerous times... I am asking for a SLIGHT upgrade. As I discussed with Taejo, a proc upgrade would suffice because then they would still be more effective than other weapons.

Also, I think the argument that it will grow too OP as a twink item is negligible. Why? Take a look at the L31 soon to be twink weapon - Maul of Ollerus. How OP would one consider that?