Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Hooks - Upgraded?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Arcane Hooks - Upgraded?

Hello guys,

First off, I would like to start off with saying this: I know this thread will be flamed due to sorcerer's wanting their spot in the light with the new arcane weapon. However, I request that you bear with me and read the thread so I can explain why the hooks should be upgraded.

Moving on, please read this quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Mythic Armor and Helmet are the only thing we're planning to upgrade and you have to have both in order to do so.

The current Mythic weapons should still be the best of their kind in this next expansion. If they're not, we'll think about buffing them. The goal has always been that Mythic items should be top of the line for one more expansion after they are released and Arcane items for two expansions. However, we never intended to upgrade them beyond that and have never said we would do so, with the exception of the Armor and Helmet.
    Now, to analyze this quote, this means that each mythic weapon will be the top of the line for one more expansion than the expansion they were released in and arcane weapons will be the top of the line for two more expansions than the one they were released in.

However, we now have a dilemma. The thing is, hooks are barely the best DPS weapon this cap and actually, their damage is somewhat lacking on some bosses. Honestly, the Mountain Teeth daggers are catching up.

Now, due to the next expansion, the next highest level of Mountain Teeth daggers will be L35 and will be equal or even surpass the arcane hooks.

Thus, for this reason, I request that the hooks do infact get upgraded. The thing is, they are not a PvP weapon, but a PvE weapon, so having them upgraded would only benefit other players with faster run times!

Also, please note that the other arcane weapons have MASSIVE buffs to them. With the hooks, there is a mere -15 percent reduction in armor and -20 percent reduction in movement proc. This can be considered rather weak when compared to the other arcane weapons and even more weak in regards to the next expansion (as this expansion already had Mountain Teeth closely on the Arcane Hook's tail).

Just something to think about & a humble request for upgraded hooks.

~Apollo
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I feel that the arcane weapons should become normalized at some point in time, but if not you strike a good point! They're supposed to last 2 expansions and barely survived the first expansion after their intro!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zanpakuto View Post
    I feel that the arcane weapons should become normalized at some point in time, but if not you strike a good point! They're supposed to last 2 expansions and barely survived the first expansion after their intro!
    Exactly. I'm not saying they should be upgraded to be better than the arcane staff. However, as of now, they are weak, so a slight bump to restore the meaning of "arcane" would be highly appreciated.

Don't get me wrong, I really think smurfs should have their spotlight considering how much I see them die in elite runs. However, this is also a critical issue that should be addressed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zanpakuto View Post
    This is a very important statement to consider when determining just how much to buff the hooks. They deserve a slight boost, based on their monetary value and the underlying fact that arcanes should be very powerful compared to the mythics/legendaries underneath them - not just a little better. However, I will say that so far STS has done a great job making sure these arcane weapons are not OP and create an unfair advantage over other players. I've witnessed many Entombed Hammer users down a maul-wielding warrior 1 on 1. I think that is great, and how it should be.

Either way, no matter what ends up happening, the next three arcane weapons need to be released simultaneously to avoid this conflict. As I stated in a previous thread, I understand the significance that went along with introducing each class' homeland with a respective arcane weapon: Rogues - Kraken/Hooks, Warriors - Nordr/Maul, Sorcerers - Shuyal/Staff. That lore is very important to the overall enjoyment of the game's lore and story line. After Shuyal, an equilibrium needs to be considered.
    Last edited by Taejo; 08-25-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Exactly. I'm not saying they should be upgraded to be better than the arcane staff. However, as of now, they are weak, so a slight bump to restore the meaning of "arcane" would be highly appreciated.

Don't get me wrong, I really think smurfs should have their spotlight considering how much I see them die in elite runs. However, this is also a critical issue that should be addressed.
    Yup I've been saying it for months that striving for Arcane items other than pets is stupid because they become outdated almost in the expansion right after their introduction. I don't get why STS doesn't just make them upgradable but untradable for 1000-2000plat on each expansion. They get their money, people that want to upgrade can pay to do so, those that don't can sell. Win win win situation. But yeah, the buff of the arcane hooks is laughable now that we've seen the hammer and the sorcerers wand. I don't own any but feel bad for those that do! I hope STS has better plans for Arcane weapons because as it is, I'm not going to be opening many crates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Hooks are nothing against the other arcane weapons and you know it. Also, (pvp perspective) wasnt the Bonechill bow similar in damage at L26 cap? This weapon (imo) was never good in pvp, other weapons had similar or more dmg in pvp (at L31, the bonechill bow can have more damage - which doesnt make it the best for 3 expansions...). Unlike the maul which is great for pvp AND pve.

Also, notice how the rogue at L26 had less than 20 dmg difference to the next best weapon and hooks? Warriors have 200+ damage difference to the next best weapon.

conclusion: I think arcane weapons SHOULD be good in pve and pvp.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

I do believe theyll get some boost, just enough to be the best daggers during the lvl36 expansion

Probably will be the best weap for timed runs, and not best for pvp but lets face it, rogues dont need pvp boost its fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I dont agree. Hooks were at Kraken expansion only arcane weapon at that time. For rogue. No other class had the possibility.
    Then came the warrior arcane hammer and sorcerers were without arcane weapon. Now its their time and hooks getting worse. But as u can see there were never all 3 classes with arcane weapons being the best for them compared to elite legendaries.
    U r affraid that hooks will loose their upper hand compared to lvl 36 elite legendary daggers. Well then get those elite daggers.
    Its absolutly right to go this way.
    Hope that next generation of arcane items will be released for all 3 classes at same time as Taejo said to prevent this dilema.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    I do believe theyll get some boost, just enough to be the best daggers during the lvl36 expansion

Probably will be the best weap for timed runs, and not best for pvp but lets face it, rogues dont need pvp boost its fair.
    Yeah its a known fact that bows are the weapon of choice for pvp. As long as STS does something in regards of the hooks it may persuade me and others to think that arcane weapons are actually worth getting. The damage gap between entombed and maul as well as best sorc weapon and new staff is WIDE!! Hooks are the worst of the 3 even if released at the same time which is wrong. If you see how mountains teeth actually had more damage than hooks at 31, then by that logic entombed hammer at 36 should have more dps and only a little less damage than the maul! If there's still a 200damage gap then you know hooks got the short end of the straw heeh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    I dont agree. Hooks were at Kraken expansion only arcane weapon at that time. For rogue. No other class had the possibility.
    Then came the warrior arcane hammer and sorcerers were without arcane weapon. Now its their time and hooks getting worse. But as u can see there were never all 3 classes with arcane weapons being the best for them compared to elite legendaries.
    U r affraid that hooks will loose their upper hand compared to lvl 36 elite legendary daggers. Well then get those elite daggers.
    Its absolutly right to go this way.
    Hope that next generation of arcane items will be released for all 3 classes at same time as Taejo said to prevent this dilema.

I'll ask you if your opinion had changed when the maul doesn't get the two expansions of being the best arcane, as well as the staff.

The fact is, they were quoted to be the best of their class for 2 more expansions then the one they were released in. Now, that is not the case.

So, as a result, a slight buff is in order. To ignore the issue entirely is pure selfishness & greed while lacking the ability to approach the situation logically.

I would say the same thing in regards to maul or staff if that were the case.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-25-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

I wish they upgrade hooks. Problem is, they are lvl 26, would be too OP at 26 and lot of complain threads all over again.. to nerf them down -.-

They either need to be scaled up or maybe minor buffs like better proc.. How about an option to upgrade Hooks like the mythic set? So people who wanna use it at lvl 36 can upgrade them, people who wanna twink can keep them untouched.. Actually, even the Maul should be given such a chance to be upgraded. That ways All Arcane weapons can stay similar level. In future expansions, they can release all 3 class Arcane weapons together.

AL IGNs: Venom, Poison, Elite, Kill, Dude, Hawk, Jerk, Legend
    OaC Android AF IGNs: -Venom-, -Carnage-, -Dude-

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Venom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Defamed View Post
    I wish they upgrade hooks. Problem is, they are lvl 26, would be too OP at 26 and lot of complain threads all over again.. to nerf them down -.-

They either need to be scaled up or maybe minor buffs like better proc.. How about an option to upgrade Hooks like the mythic set? So people who wanna use it at lvl 36 can upgrade them, people who wanna twink can keep them untouched.. Actually, even the Maul should be given such a chance to be upgraded. That ways All Arcane weapons can stay similar level. In future expansions, they can release all 3 class Arcane weapons together.
    I would agree with you, but look at L31 maul. It IS extremely OP when comparing it to any other weapon of a warrior's arsenal. The same thing can be said about staff.

However, ask that question about hooks? They were better, yes, but not so much where it made a defining difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I'll ask you your opinion when the maul doesn't get the two expansions of being the best arcane, as well as the staff.

The fact is, they were quoted to be the best of their class for 2 more expansions then the one they were released in. Now, that is not the case.

So, as a result, a slight buff is in order. To ignore the issue entirely is pure selfishness & greed while lacking the ability to approach the situation logically.

I would say the same thing in regards to maul or staff if that were the case.
    Im playing a rogue. Dont know what u wanted to say with ur first sentence. And i thought u asked everyones opinion...

R u sure abt that to be the best of their class for 2 more expansions then the one they were released in? Players already fall into assumption once. Abt same thing when the nordr expansion came. Arcane hooks buff.
    the thread was made to clarify:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ght=clarifying

I dont ignore the issue nor im selfish or greedy. And Im logical. Rogues were the only class at time of release of hooks with arcane rarity weapon

Maybe its time to make that all classes can benefit from arcane weapons. But i can imagine the next expansion entirely same thread made to buff them again so they still can compete. Its a never ending story....
    Just this week im reading second thread abt this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Im playing a rogue. Dont know what u wanted to say with ur first sentence. And i thought u asked everyones opinion...

R u sure abt that to be the best of their class for 2 more expansions then the one they were released in? Players already fall into assumption once. Abt same thing when the nordr expansion came. Arcane hooks buff.
    the thread was made to clarify:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ght=clarifying

I dont ignore the issue nor im selfish or greedy. And Im logical. Rogues were the only class at time of release of hooks with arcane rarity weapon

Maybe its time to make that all classes can benefit from arcane weapons. But i can imagine the next expansion entirely same thread made to buff them again so they still can compete. Its a never ending story....
    Just this week im reading second thread abt this...
    Read the quote in my original post. That was posted at a later date then that thread, thus meaning that it was stating the future of the weapons.

Going by that quote, if hooks are not buffed, then they will no longer be the best weapon of their class for 2 expansions, as promised. Thus, do you see where I am coming from? It is very logical & very fair to ask them to get buffed slightly in order to live up to what was expected of their potential.

I am not assuming anything. Everything I have said in this thread has been backed up by evidence and logic with examples to match. Thus, I can only assume that you're misunderstanding what I am saying.

P.S: My first sentence was a misunderstanding. I wasn't able to fix it before you read it because the forums are acting very slow and I was out at a Mexican grill eating. I have now edited it to what I meant.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-25-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Read the quote in my original post. That was posted at a later date then that thread, thus meaning that it was stating the future of the weapons.

Going by that quote, if hooks are not buffed, then they will no longer be the best weapon of their class for 2 expansions, as promised. Thus, do you see where I am coming from? It is very logical & very fair to ask them to get buffed slightly in order to live up to what was expected of their potential.

I am not assuming anything. Everything I have said in this thread has been backed up by evidence and logic with examples to match. Thus, I can only assume that you're misunderstanding what I am saying.

P.S: My first sentence was a misunderstanding. I wasn't able to fix it before you read it because the forums are acting very slow and I was out at a Mexican grill eating. I have now edited it to what I meant.
    Hm but i understand it as they should be better for 2 not 3 expansion... but im not natural english speaker and it may be confusing for me.
    Who knows they may really somehow buff those hooks.
    My opinion is same. They should stay as they r. (no need to quote me i said what i wanted)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Hm but i understand it as they should be better for 2 not 3 expansion... but im not natural english speaker and it may be confusing for me.
    Who knows they may really somehow buff those hooks.
    My opinion is same. They should stay as they r. (no need to quote me i said what i wanted)
    I'll break it down for you since you're not a natural english speaker.

In that quote, this is what the developers mean: When mythic gear is released, it is planned to be the best for the expansion it was released in AND one expansion after that.

When arcane gear is released, it is planned to be the best for the expansion it was released in AND two expansions after that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

They should get upgraded along with all arcane at 41 and no sooner. Mages have had to go without an arcane weapon for two expansions and warriors have gone with one expansion without an arcane. So you can think of this upcoming expansion were rogues don't have an arcane weapon. Seems almost fair to me.
    Last edited by falmear; 08-25-2013 at 04:25 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

People need to see the big picture.

Yes you can argue that STS said Nodr was the season for warriors but arguably it was the season for mages.
    Why would I say this?
    The runic gun itself is a mini arcane weapon and satisfied the hunger most mages were seeking throughout season 1 to 3.
    Whereas the Maul is still out of reach for many many warriors.

In regards to the hooks, from a business point of view, it's practical for STS to remove/discontinue these from the loot table if the potential of upgrading is non existent.
    Why on earth would craters want an outdated non-demanded hard to sell loot after going through so many crates?

Now if all 3 arcane weapons were at the same level, looters could easily swap them around for the desired weapon.
    People gotta stop arguing that "it's the mages turn" b/c based on current gear, mages are pretty balanced with the very affordable runic gun and improved curse spell.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

No. They're level 26, their life expectancy is 2 caps, it should stay that way.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    No. They're level 26, their life expectancy is 2 caps, it should stay that way.
    Their life expectancy is two caps after the expansion they were released in. The next expansion is coming and they are simply not going to be as promised, "the best item in their class".

Thus, by what was told to us, they should be upgraded. The facts are there, David.