Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Hooks - Upgraded?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Arcane Hooks - Upgraded?

Hello guys,

First off, I would like to start off with saying this: I know this thread will be flamed due to sorcerer's wanting their spot in the light with the new arcane weapon. However, I request that you bear with me and read the thread so I can explain why the hooks should be upgraded.

Moving on, please read this quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Mythic Armor and Helmet are the only thing we're planning to upgrade and you have to have both in order to do so.

The current Mythic weapons should still be the best of their kind in this next expansion. If they're not, we'll think about buffing them. The goal has always been that Mythic items should be top of the line for one more expansion after they are released and Arcane items for two expansions. However, we never intended to upgrade them beyond that and have never said we would do so, with the exception of the Armor and Helmet.
    Now, to analyze this quote, this means that each mythic weapon will be the top of the line for one more expansion than the expansion they were released in and arcane weapons will be the top of the line for two more expansions than the one they were released in.

However, we now have a dilemma. The thing is, hooks are barely the best DPS weapon this cap and actually, their damage is somewhat lacking on some bosses. Honestly, the Mountain Teeth daggers are catching up.

Now, due to the next expansion, the next highest level of Mountain Teeth daggers will be L35 and will be equal or even surpass the arcane hooks.

Thus, for this reason, I request that the hooks do infact get upgraded. The thing is, they are not a PvP weapon, but a PvE weapon, so having them upgraded would only benefit other players with faster run times!

Also, please note that the other arcane weapons have MASSIVE buffs to them. With the hooks, there is a mere -15 percent reduction in armor and -20 percent reduction in movement proc. This can be considered rather weak when compared to the other arcane weapons and even more weak in regards to the next expansion (as this expansion already had Mountain Teeth closely on the Arcane Hook's tail).

Just something to think about & a humble request for upgraded hooks.

~Apollo
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: