Thread: Too many scammers!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Default Too many scammers!!!!

When you get scammed on dark legends, the scammer WILL NOT get banned. I assure you, this is one of the problems that is going on in this game and it is continuing to grow. I tried to make a thread about this once but it was closed for some odd reason. I got scammed, reported the player sent an email to STS and they did not recover my items and they did not ban the scammer even when he gave out account info to a few people in game. If any action will not be taken, then why wouldent people want to scam others? If i got scammed, and the scammer doesent get not even a 1 day ban, what stops me from then trying to get my stuff back by "per se" scamming someone else?(Not saying that i am a scammer, but why is scamming taken so lightly nowadays????) 1. Watch out for people who try to friend you and then ask for vanity, they normally scam. 2. If its too good to be true, its probably a scam. 3. Take pictures if you know someone is scamming, even though they wont ban the scammer, we will atleast have picture proof. 4. Dont expect to get your items back from being scammed.

-Hoped this helped, dont make the same mistake I made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts

I agree that scamming has become way too common on this game. If STS won't do anything after a scam happens...the least they could do is try to prevent future scams by fixing small issues that scammers are using to their advantage:

Add commas to the trade window (I suggested this one over a year ago...how many scams could have been avoided if this had been changed):
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...n-Trade-window

Fix the Royalty Sanguine's name and icon:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...eing-exploited
    Last edited by doomdoomdoom; 02-20-2014 at 06:36 PM.

DL IGNs: doomdoom, doomdoomdoom, littledoom, tinydoom
    Guild Master of Satan's Cheerleaders

3. The Following User Says Thank You to doomdoomdoom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doomdoomdoom View Post
    I agree that scamming has become way too common on this game. If STS won't do anything after a scam happens...the least they could do is try to prevent future scams by fixing small issues that scammers are using to their advantage:

Add commas to the trade window (I suggested this one over a year ago...how many scams could have been avoided if this had been changed):
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...n-Trade-window

Fix the Royalty Sanguine's name and icon:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...eing-exploited
    Exactly! And I also agree with what you posted about the commas for numbers, I see this happening on the auction house too! About scamming, I think it shouldent be against the ToS to make an "@thread" for scammers only if we have 100% picture proof. I once made a thread like this and it got deleted unfortunately. Who knows, maybe that thread could have kept a few forum users from getting scammed by these people. Its just simple things that can make a big difference to make ones play experience better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Its simple not to be mean but I actually take the time to see what they are trading me I look at the money and only trade of they ready first... If you pay attention you won't get scammed not to be mean but its true...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Contravention View Post
    Its simple not to be mean but I actually take the time to see what they are trading me I look at the money and only trade of they ready first... If you pay attention you won't get scammed not to be mean but its true...
    I too thought like this till it happened to me, put urself in others shoes, i know its hard to do but it happens. And the scammer was a "close friend" of mine on the game that happened to take advantage of me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

The only thing I can see someone getting g scammed is sanguine since it don't define legs or shirt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Contravention View Post
    The only thing I can see someone getting g scammed is sanguine since it don't define legs or shirt
    There's thousands of ways of getting scammed, I could list them all: the fact is, SPACETIME isent doing anything about it, is why you have more people leaving this game. I got scammed because my friend said if I give him gamer top and purple wisp, he would go on his toon that has undead and give it to me. He then receives my gamer top and purple wisp, then leaves and the next day I ask him why he did that then he claimed that he used me all along...I even helped him transfer gold from one toon to another to help him out because he said he got scammed and lost all of his stuff, so I felt bad for him then he said a friend gave him undead and he said he would give it to me because he wanted gamer top and wisp on his one specific character, which was a complete lie in the end.
    Like I said, there's multiple ways of scamming, this being one of them.