Thread: Enchantment Scrolls and Imbued items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Lightbulb Enchantment Scrolls and Imbued items

I brought up the idea of item crafting some time ago and I wanted to revisit it with a twist.

My original idea was to have materials drop from Mobs. Those materials would have similar rarities as current items – they would have Common, Rare, Epic, Legendary, Mythic, and Arcane. While I believe this would be absolutely awesome, I realize it’s a vast undertaking.

I pose that the following could be implemented, and in doing so it would provide some diversity to the weapon graphics we’re using and create a whole new economy of items. When I say that I’m talking about how Crates are and always will be an appreciating asset in this game, while most other items are depreciating assets. That is to say, Crates hold their value, and pretty much nothing other than discontinued items do with the same level of consistency.

We currently have the following format for items:

“Hackslashingkillers of _____________” fill in the blank with Savvy, Assault, Riposte, Brutality et cetera…

Here’s what I’m thinking:

We could have scrolls that drop in game. These scrolls can be ‘applied’ to the weapons, armor, or jewelry (by an NPC) and provide the suffix (thus magically enchanting your weapon) – so your Hackslashingkillers would only become Hackslashingkillers of Brutality AFTER a Brutality spell were applied by the appropriate NPC. This would have a trade window type of environment / GUI for completion and should offer some sort of confirmation button similar to the trade window.

Additionally, sticking with the tradition of RPGs and the random element – the Bonus they apply could be RANDOM. With a cap and a floor based on the scroll’s level and rarity. Common scrolls apply small benefits, Rare, a slightly higher benefit, and on and on… Upwards to Mythic and Arcane scrolls. If a Legendary Scroll is applied to an item, that item would then become a Legendary item.

The level of the item should be tied to the highest level enchantment scroll being applied.
    The number of enchantment scrolls that can be applied to a single item are based upon which one is applied first. Assuming someone applies a Legendary scroll to their helmet first, that helmet would become a legendary item by receiving its first imbuement of magic. Additional stats can be added to the helmet by imbuing it with next an Epic, followed by a Rare scroll. Thus in this instance the helmet can receive 3 ‘upgrades’ or enhancements. The same enchantment (of a different rarity class) can be applied to the same item. So, if a Warrior wants a Helmet with Legendary STR, Epic STR, and Rare STR he could have this – just go find the scroll that applies a STR enchantment to an item and get a Legendary, Epic, and Rare Scroll for each.

LOOT & DROPS:

Elite Bosses would drop the Legendary, Epic, and Rare Scrolls
    Mythic and Arcane Scrolls would drop from the Elite Chests and be as rare if not more rare than their counterparts.

Once a scroll is applied, the item becomes a ‘no-drop’ / ‘no-trade’ item.

What I believe would happen with the economy after this:

• Rare, Epic, and Legendary scrolls would all maintain value since even folks imbuing their items with legendary scrolls would still be doing so also with Epic and Rare as well.
    • Elite (high level) Drops would hold their value better. While they will still suffer from some downturn (For instance: Eggs) ultimately due to the fact that they would be consumable items, they would no longer depreciate at the same rate.
    • A whole new class of commodity becomes available for people to loot and sell – getting a scroll of ___________ that can drop from any Elite Boss with a random level allows you to farm for ‘Twink’ gear. If a lv 36 found a lv 16 Scroll of Brutality, there’s value in selling that scroll because twinks will want it.
    • Weapons and armor could then be differentiated by their graphic and base damage / armor and shouldn’t have a classification until they’re imbued magically through this process. Everyone would be able to select the weapon & armor ‘look’ they want and apply the appropriate modifiers to that equipment in order to get the stats to where they want them.

Cool right?

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I prefer gear crafting and recipes over this. This is kind of weird because once you apply a Legendary scroll to an item, it becomes Legendary rarity. Then you can upgrade it even further by applying Rare and Epic scrolls. Then the whole "Mythics are best for one season after their release, Arcane, two" would kind of become a lie. Legendary gear would turn out to be better than Mythic gear, perhaps even Arcane. Although this idea is good, some people would just be too overpowered.

Just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Crafting ? +1