Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My feedback on the recent nerf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default My feedback on the recent nerf.

I just entered pvp today, full upgraded mythics. I had around 1.4k mana. The mana cost for the rogues skills are as follows: 97mana for Aimed shot and Nox bolt. 120 mana for shadow pierce. 70 something mana for Medic. (95% rogues 4 skills).

So as I faced another rogue, my usual combo struck and killed the opponent however I was 50% mana. After that, almost every fight I got into with a rogue led me to 50% mana. Last cap, I could kill faster and without using much mana - I wouldnt need much mana. However since the damage nerf, i inflict less damage, meaning it would take more shots to kill the opponent and more mana used.

Other classes have skills that help to sew up their weakness, for example: A warrior has a tiny mana pool but has vengeul blood which can make mana pool full within seconds. The mage lacks in HP and armor, it has the arcane shield which gives it double survivability. Rogues weakness is? Both mana and HP, see their strong point is agility, damage and luck. They dont excell in HP or MP department.

My suggestion: Make rogues skills less mana costly. 75 aimshot and nox bolt. 95 shadow pierce. 60 medic.

It would make more sense as the rogue is nothing without mana, and we do seem to lack after the damage nerf. You also have to take in account the armor a warrior has now, thatd incredible! A rogue would never win a 1v1 against a warrior with 2.2k armor, rogue would run out of mana too quickly

I will test more tomorrow. This is my opinion, if you want to flame do it in pvp
    Credits to Iady

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

I've heard this.haven't been pvping.but even in pve my mana cost seems increasing tremendously.hv nvr been spamming mana pots tht hard (even with maxed knowledge and few points in int) Iast season.now spamming pots real mad in fact even more than hp which is kinda weird.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Buff mana nerf crit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Medium equipped Warris lvl 36 have about 1,4k Armor and 5,2k HP.

I did some 1v1 vs. a good Rogue and im still nearly chanceless....

Played with Sky and Axe, i think with Windmill i have still no Chance vs. Rogue.

The fight last a little bit longer, but still with the same Results, because they lowered dmg from all classes.

StS should buff Rogues Mana, but nerf a little bit the high crits.

Or they should give Warris a little bit more dmg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

That's what I said lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I played my last TDM on Lvl 31 yesterday. I do not have a single mythic item, but high-end legendary gear.
    So I met two random wars from the opponent team and fought them like I always do against warris: Charged normal-charge hp-aimed-nox-shadow piercer. And then I noticed I was out of mana after a few seconds (?)...haha. Okay...so I ran to the mana station and refilled it.
    To cut a long story short: It seems like to kill one random war takes about 75% of your mana at Level 31.
    That has to be fixed as soon as I reach the new level cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serenina View Post
    I played my last TDM on Lvl 31 yesterday. I do not have a single mythic item, but high-end legendary gear.
    So I met two random wars from the opponent team and fought them like I always do against warris: Charged normal-charge hp-aimed-nox-shadow piercer. And then I noticed I was out of mana after a few seconds (?)...haha. Okay...so I ran to the mana station and refilled it.
    To cut a long story short: It seems like to kill one random war takes about 75% of your mana at Level 31.
    IMO, it does make sense for an average rogue to lose to an average warrior, just as a pro rogue should lose to a pro warrior. Why? They have all that armor and health to absorb your damage! The object for them is to let you waste your "arrows" (mana) until you're empty so they can move in for the kill. Otherwise, what's the point of them to PvP? To tank and still die?

P.S: Not calling you average, never seen you play!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:1248571
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenina View Post
    IMO, it does make sense for an average rogue to lose to an average warrior, just as a pro rogue should lose to a pro warrior. Why? They have all that armor and health to absorb your damage! The object for them is to let you waste your "arrows" (mana) until you're empty so they can move in for the kill. Otherwise, what's the point of them to PvP? To tank and still die?

P.S: Not calling you average, never seen you play!
    No, that doesnt justify how much damage a fully maxed rogue does to a maxed warrior. Rogues do less damage than they did last season.

I tested with inkredble and he had 2k armor. Now I hit 500 dmg on a CHARGED aimed shot, thats not right, my L21 hits harder to a tank. The most I did to ink was 800 damage (after stacking -30% armor debuff!!).
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    No, that doesnt justify how much damage a fully maxed rogue does to a maxed warrior. Rogues do less damage than they did last season.

I tested with inkredble and he had 2k armor. Now I hit 500 dmg on a CHARGED aimed shot, thats not right, my L21 hits harder to a tank. The most I did to ink was 800 damage (after stacking -30% armor debuff!!).
    Were you hitting him when he was fully buffed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:1248911

Were you hitting him when he was fully buffed?
    no buff, was just testing
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

A full Legendary equipped Warri reach about 1,5k Armor and with that we still get big Hits from Rogues....

For me it looks like, that the difference between mythic/arcane and only legendary equipped People gets bigger and bigger.....

I think, the time will come in which only a handfull players do PvP and the Rest stop it, because they are tired of being 1or 2 shot food for a few players.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

no buff, was just testing
    Then yes, this should be fixed, lol. Warriors shouldn't be immortal.

Then again, this upgrade doesn't really effect me due to my Hammerjaw

I already get 10% additional damage, so it'd be like it was never there and Hammerjaw was just a Malison in shark form.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Actually, just to revise...I know why the 10% damage decrease is such a huge issue.

First of all, damage increased by 20-50 points, but armor increased by 300 or so points. Now, according to Fluff's calculations, 1 damage = 1 armor at end game.

Therefore, even without the 10% decrease, we would be seeing less powerful hits. Therefore, the 10 percent damage only amplifies this decreasing damage effect. Thus, last cap the damage nerf might've been needed but this cap, it isn't really needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:1248957
    Actually, just to revise...I know why the 10% damage decrease is such a huge issue.

First of all, damage increased by 20-50 points, but armor increased by 300 or so points. Now, according to Fluff's calculations, 1 damage = 1 armor at end game.

Therefore, even without the 10% decrease, we would be seeing less powerful hits. Therefore, the 10 percent damage only amplifies this decreasing damage effect. Thus, last cap the damage nerf might've been needed but this cap, it isn't really needed.
    Rogues 1v1 are a LOT more tactical exactly like L21 twinking. I like it but rogues are nerfed by damage a lot, they hit more last season than this season -.- I actually want dmg nerf to be nerfed. Nerf all dmg nerf by half?

Apollo does have a valid point. A warrior this season has over 600+ armor than L31 warrior. This is a huge jump and the damage nerf really amplifies it. Whats more is that against mages, rogues die a lot now, our damage isnt able to overpower their stuns + a full myth (no arcane) mage can have around 450 base dmg.

This season the rogue and warriors are lacking because of the nerf. Imo.
    Last edited by Bless; 09-01-2013 at 08:37 PM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Rogues 1v1 are a LOT more tactical exactly like L21 twinking. I like it but rogues are nerfed by damage a lot, they hit more last season than this season -.- I actually want dmg nerf to be nerfed. Nerf all dmg nerf by half?

Apollo does have a valid point. A warrior this season has over 600+ armor than L31 warrior. This is a huge jump and the damage nerf really amplifies it. Whats more is that against mages, rogues die a lot now, our damage isnt able to overpower their stuns + a full myth (no arcane) mage can have around 450 base dmg.

This season the rogue and warriors are lacking because of the nerf. Imo.
    There's no need for a damage nerf, period. The huge increase of armor this cap leveled out the one shots and other things, IMO.

All classes armor increased by anywhere from 300-500. Also, the damage only increased by 40-50 points, so there isn't a need to nerf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

As for the mana, why not have what Cinco almost did for mages in the early days of PL? Slightly reduce how much health each heal pack gives, and allow it to provide a significant amount of mana in return.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Whats more is that against mages, rogues die a lot now, our damage isnt able to overpower their stuns + a full myth (no arcane) mage can have around 450 base dmg.
    400 not 450...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

lol

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullox View Post
    Medium equipped Warris lvl 36 have about 1,4k Armor and 5,2k HP.

I did some 1v1 vs. a good Rogue and im still nearly chanceless....

Played with Sky and Axe, i think with Windmill i have still no Chance vs. Rogue.

The fight last a little bit longer, but still with the same Results, because they lowered dmg from all classes.

StS should buff Rogues Mana, but nerf a little bit the high crits.

Or they should give Warris a little bit more dmg.
    have u tried jugg? LOL
    i havent pvp spec so ihavent 1v1 any rogue but when i get out of my pve mode, ill deff try to see how it is now 1v1

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy:1249282
    Whats more is that against mages, rogues die a lot now, our damage isnt able to overpower their stuns + a full myth (no arcane) mage can have around 450 base dmg.
    400 not 450...
    I said a mage "can" and a mage can easily have 450 with slag or damage passive
    Credits to Iady