Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upgraded Mythic Helm-Dmg Totally Unchanged

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    I think it was almost fair at the end of last season, only the whiners complained but i think the balance was destroyed with how the mage myth helm was upgraded

Comon i know youll agree with me, if rogue helm was 3 and now 6 mage helm was 2.8 now should be 5.6-5.8
    Swap out crit for damage with mages and I'm fine, because mages are entering rogue territory with their crit. Each upgrade means that each new cap, everything goes up exponentially and I've seen first hand what it did to PL.

Trust me, digging your own graves here...
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Swap out crit for damage with mages and I'm fine, because mages are entering rogue territory with their crit. Each upgrade means that each new cap, everything goes up exponentially and I've seen first hand what it did to PL.

Trust me, digging your own graves here...
    So we both think swap crit for dmg is correct, iight cool lets shake on it and go home

3. The Following User Says Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I have no issues with getting some crit instead of dmg. I have lightning strike as one of my skills and I have the crit upgrade that does 250% damage. So with that in mind, for my build crit & dmg are pretty equal. But if you don't use lightning strike, I could see how dmg would be better. But it doesn't matter, STS made the gear that way, so we will live with it. I don't have any problems with it.

Think of it this way.... Rogues had plenty of crit, but had lower damage than mages, and mages had plenty of damage but had lower crit that rogues, so they gave rogues more damage in this upgrade, and gave mages more crit. That way it evens out a little more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

This thread is absolutely hilarious. Rogues cry about hooks not being the best and need to be boosted and thats okay. But when mages cry about their helm not being upgraded as promised as compared to other classes its fine. You guys kill me. A boost of 2.47% crit in my opinion is nothing. Primarily because I can't use lightning in elite PvE. So I'd happily drop the crit for an increase in damage. Devs over value crit in my opinion because they don't play in the "real word". If you don't play elite then yeah you can play with any 4 skills and you will be successful. But you need maximum crowd control in elite PvE. Unfortunately playing elite Shuyal, I went back to playing with shield and this is with upgraded mythics. And if you are playing arena there is absolutely no way I can play without shield with ridiculous effects like crystals and one shot KO Bloodhamer. So lightning for me is a non-starter. So 2.47% means you will get 2 more crits for every 100 lightnings or whatever skill we are talking about. In PvP maybe you get lucky and get 1 or 2 more kills assuming that its a kill shot. We went over this when they released the amulets, and they added damage on top of the crit upgrade. So I don't see this as being any different. They should boost the damage. If they don't increase the damage then its pretty clear that rogues are favored by the devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

I think we got an Arcane item and 49 int over 35 int.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Tanks were 400 dmg at season 4, they cruched us in pvp easly. We deserve to be 500 dmg this season and revenge of those tanks
    I mean as if its not enough our arcane weapon look really silly, i mean common we look cute holding that candy apple not even slightly scary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

I play as sorc and have to say everything is in order. If you think rogues have higher dmg then you its probally because they are in mythic. I already know a few sorcs with 400+ dmg and 1k+ armor, look at rogues dmg and armor full mythic. I think the sorcs are underpowered threads to stop now as we are definitely no longer being over powered by other classes (except warrios....look at their dmg with mythic and arcane). Just leaen to play the class and quit complaining
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

You cant balance an AOE class to be good in single target situations. Sorcerers are forgetting to take into account that their "low" damage can hit multiple enemys at once. Upgrading it even more is the equivalent of taking a shotgun and giving each pellet the power of a rifle. It makes no sense for balance.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cashews For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Crit is deadly. A rogue buffed up to around 150% crit, theres no doubt its deadly. If an item for rogue has crit its np, the more crit the more deadly, so why not. Well thats because its a rogue. Their stats and gear are focused on crit. But for a mage, whos items and stats are focused on dmg, 2.5% crit is really nothing. Someone said that sts saw that rogues were lacking in dmg and mages in crit, so they helped them both out. This doesnt help both... So, im not trying to say the mage class isnt balanced now. Im not even trying to say this is going to effect the balance or us doing good. But Its not a fair trade.

Lets do the math. A 2.5% chance to do (we'll just say 25%) more dmg, means we should crit every 40 skill uses. So 0.25 more dmg for every 40 skills means we're doing 0.00625 more dmg on average. Have i done my math wrong, or is my calculations of crit wrong? (both of these r possible) I know i left the 250% out if u have lighting, but i also the fact that ur likely to have that every 40 skill crit be on ur main attack. Meaning its kind of a wasted. Its still 25% more dmg, but 25% more on 50 dmg.... Theres just a lot of variables, some dependent on the build. Now i dont know that its rightly comparable, but if u say that the crit was changed to 3+ more dmg, on a mage with 400 dmg thats a 0.0075 (or .75%) dmg increase. And heres the problem, its not rightly comparable! Dmg effects the actually dmg number, which is consistent, and crit effects the dmg of a particular skill at a certain time, which is inconsistent.

Ok, as i said a bit above, im not trying to say this is a major set back for mages, but it just doesnt seem to be a fair trade. Maybe the upgraded rogue helm isnt as good as it could be either. Maybe it would be better with the extra crit instead of dmg. But thats for another thread. Right now the topic is just that the mage helm isnt as good as it could be, or as expected. And for the people saying we just want to be op and its balanced the way it is. STOP, lol. Its way to early in the season to say its balanced. Just because u can have an equal fight with an arcane mage, or something like that doesnt mean its equal ha. Theres a lot of variables. The way to getting things balanced is to suggest and ask things one at a time. And for now, we're just asking about the power of the mage helm. No need for the other classes to take it personally. And further more, if there is a mage out there really whining instead of just generally asking, this is doubted to make too big of a difference in the overall balance.
    Last edited by Erdnase; 09-03-2013 at 09:05 PM.
    ERDNASE
    Retired Co-Master/Guild Elder of
    CHIVALROUS UNION

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erdnase For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Y'all have the highest damage in the game, 2nd highest health, decent armor... what more do sorcerers want? Immortality?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Y'all have the highest damage in the game, 2nd highest health, decent armor... what more do sorcerers want? Immortality?
    Im sure every class wouldnt mind immortality
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Hey, we have it for 2 seconds . But no! Lol. The only person who's saying that is urself. I believe this thread was only made asking why the helm is the way it is, and not saying that the whole mage class is under powered. But for the people "whining" about mages "whining" , when the thread wasn't even made whining, but just asking a question, look ridiculous haha. As said in my previous post, balance is made by questioning things one thing at a time, and this is the topic atm.
    ERDNASE
    Retired Co-Master/Guild Elder of
    CHIVALROUS UNION

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erdnase For This Useful Post:

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Not up to date on AL, but I'm guessing boosting skills?

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Seriously, sorcerers need to stop whining. Y'all have enough upgrades, so truthfully, deal with it. Trust me, you have not been dealt a bad hand. Any sorcerer who thinks otherwise is simply delusional or doesn't know how to play their class.

Same thing happened in PL, mages whined whined whined all day that they were weak. However, they had many benefits to them. Of course, developers listened to the whining players & look at sorcerers now. Heck, they do damage better than the DPS class, who's main purpose IS damage & they also get more survivability.

Enough is enough - cry me a river. This is the sorcerer's campaign, yes, but no other class has made the demands y'all have made this campaign. Sorcerers have plenty of power, play the class for what it's meant to be. If you want mid survivability with the highest single target damage, then pick a rogue because you're playing the wrong class.
    Why is it okay for you to start a thread for upgrading hooks yet this is you don't know how to play your class? Or we picked the wrong class. Seems like its exactly the same thing. Devs promised us better upgraded mythics and when looking at the helm, I don't see it that way. So if they upgraded damage on hooks, they should upgrade damage on helm. Its fair.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Why is it okay for you to start a thread for upgrading hooks yet this is you don't know how to play your class? Or we picked the wrong class. Seems like its exactly the same thing. Devs promised us better upgraded mythics and when looking at the helm, I don't see it that way. So if they upgraded damage on hooks, they should upgrade damage on helm. Its fair.
    As far as I'm concerned, mythic helm only was supposed to last 2 seasons, which it did. So, anything else is bonus. Therefore, I'm not going to complain about it. However, arcane hooks did not last the promised season length which is why I complained.

Developers choose stats for reason when upgrading. Do you not think that they put thought into choosing damage or crit? I'm sure they have their reasons. This is an upgrade, is it not? Heck, they were not obligated to upgrade helms by any means as they already lasted their expected campaign length.

Again, I state, sorcerers have THE highest damage in the game, mythics or arcane, the second highest health, and very respectable armor. So, what more do sorcerers want?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Its really hard to argue with Erdnase's logic..

And thats all i have to say, FOR NOW. lol night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    No, see youre one of the few who doesnt believe that everything is balanced. Just look at all the stats on mages, look at the freaking evidence in the whole thread.

There is crit instead of damage since a mage lacks crit. You cant have the all the damage in the world, having like 420 dmg is too OP for a L36 sorc...a L31 rogue had only 311 dmg maxed, 5 levels later, a mage has 100 more dmg, too big of a jump.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

As far as I'm concerned, mythic helm only was supposed to last 2 seasons, which it did. So, anything else is bonus. Therefore, I'm not going to complain about it. However, arcane hooks did not last the promised season length which is why I complained.

Developers choose stats for reason when upgrading. Do you not think that they put thought into choosing damage or crit? I'm sure they have their reasons. This is an upgrade, is it not? Heck, they were not obligated to upgrade helms by any means as they already lasted their expected campaign length.

Again, I state, sorcerers have THE highest damage in the game, mythics or arcane, the second highest health, and very respectable armor. So, what more do sorcerers want?
    The mythic helm didn't last for one season, it didn't have the best stats. Legendary helms beat the mythic helm in terms of HP & Armor. I demonstrated this in another thread. So as far I am concerned it had limited use. What was promised was the helm would be upgraded, but as you can clearly see the damage was not upgraded. So this goes back to what was promised, they didnt give us a helm which had the best stats and when upgraded the damage wasn't upgrade. So Apollo, using your very own logic, the devs didn't deliver what was promised, how can you argue with yourself? Based on your rationale for upgrading hooks, you should agree. Kind of ironic you dont, huh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    No, see youre one of the few who doesnt believe that everything is balanced. Just look at all the stats on mages, look at the freaking evidence in the whole thread.

There is crit instead of damage since a mage lacks crit. You cant have the all the damage in the world, having like 420 dmg is too OP for a L36 sorc...a L31 rogue had only 311 dmg maxed, 5 levels later, a mage has 100 more dmg, too big of a jump.
    Whether or not I think its balanced or not doesn't matter. It what was promised. To quote the Apollo of the past:

However, that was not what was said when players purchased these
    Devs promised to upgrade the helm but the damage wasn't upgraded. So they aren't delivering what was promised. Now that you guys get your way and someone else asks for the same thing, you make up all sorts of things. You guys kill me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Erdnase View Post
    Crit is deadly. A rogue buffed up to around 150% crit, theres no doubt its deadly. If an item for rogue has crit its np, the more crit the more deadly, so why not. Well thats because its a rogue. Their stats and gear are focused on crit. But for a mage, whos items and stats are focused on dmg, 2.5% crit is really nothing. Someone said that sts saw that rogues were lacking in dmg and mages in crit, so they helped them both out. This doesnt help both... So, im not trying to say the mage class isnt balanced now. Im not even trying to say this is going to effect the balance or us doing good. But Its not a fair trade.
    Lets do the math. A 2.5% chance to do (we'll just say 25%) more dmg, means we should crit every 40 skill uses. So 0.25 more dmg for every 40 skills means we're doing 0.00625 more dmg on average. Have i done my math wrong, or is my calculations of crit wrong? (both of these r possible) I know i left the 250% out if u have lighting, but i also the fact that ur likely to have that every 40 skill crit be on ur main attack. Meaning its kind of a wasted. Its still 25% more dmg, but 25% more on 50 dmg.... Theres just a lot of variables, some dependent on the build. Now i dont know that its rightly comparable, but if u say that the crit was changed to 3+ more dmg, on a mage with 400 dmg thats a 0.0075 (or .75%) dmg increase. And heres the problem, its not rightly comparable! Dmg effects the actually dmg number, which is consistent, and crit effects the dmg of a particular skill at a certain time, which is inconsistent.
    Ok, as i said a bit above, im not trying to say this is a major set back for mages, but it just doesnt seem to be a fair trade. Maybe the upgraded rogue helm isnt as good as it could be either. Maybe it would be better with the extra crit instead of dmg. But thats for another thread. Right now the topic is just that the mage helm isnt as good as it could be, or as expected. And for the people saying we just want to be op and its balanced the way it is. STOP, lol. Its way to early in the season to say its balanced. Just because u can have an equal fight with an arcane mage, or something like that doesnt mean its equal ha. Theres a lot of variables. The way to getting things balanced is to suggest and ask things one at a time. And for now, we're just asking about the power of the mage helm. No need for the other classes to take it personally. And further more, if there is a mage out there really whining instead of just generally asking, this is doubted to make too big of a difference in the overall balance.
    Just so you know, any amount of crit that is over 100% is useless. Also, if a rogue can only effectively hit one target a time and a sorc can hit 5 or more at once, then which class really has the most damage?
    Last edited by Cashews; 09-03-2013 at 03:16 PM.