Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upgraded Mythic Helm-Dmg Totally Unchanged

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Thumbs down Upgraded Mythic Helm-Dmg Totally Unchanged

Thankfully, I completed the 16 pieces to upgrade my mythic helm. Take a closer look, shouldn't be damage be increased as well.

Name:  mythic helm.jpg
Views: 1191
Size:  83.6 KB

How about the other classes (as told by guildies)
    Rogue - 3 dmg to 6 dmg
    Warrior - 2.9 dmg to 6.1 dmg.

Mages, what do you think?
    Last edited by IronMonkey; 09-03-2013 at 06:21 AM.
    The Forum here is more FUN!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronMonkey For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Mages have well enough dmg already.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Mages have well enough dmg already.
    Ahem, lol

if i remember correctly rogues kill me pretty fast with all my awesome dmg and they still dominate pvp

dont tell me you actually think its fair that rogue myth helm upgrade double dmg gain while mage doesnt change at all -.-

it looks like a bug to me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

dont worry guys they will fix this after 10years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Lol dmg is nothing, crit is what gets you. Stop saying rouges are still OP, their crit is, but rouges have the lowest dmg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Its safe to say, mages are balanced
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Well.. I have to agree with the mages on this one. They have always suffered the issue of survivablity, since the Mythic mage helm was actually somewhat worse than a legendary during the Kraken cap.

That obviously meant that the devs wanted mages to be purposely squishy and so they reduce the mages armor by a ton, compared to the other classes. Now case in point, take a look at the mythic gun. One of the best weapons for a mage in the game.

Do you see what's going on... Mages get low survivabilty... The tradeoff is more damage.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Well.. I have to agree with the mages on this one. They have always suffered the issue of survivablity, since the Mythic mage helm was actually somewhat worse than a legendary during the Kraken cap.

That obviously meant that the devs wanted mages to be purposely squishy and so they reduce the mages armor by a ton, compared to the other classes. Now case in point, take a look at the mythic gun. One of the best weapons for a mage in the game.

Do you see what's going on... Mages get low survivabilty... The tradeoff is more damage.
    It's not really slow survivability at 300 less armor and more health than rogues.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Just curious, but do the rogue & warrior helms also add some crit like the mage helm does?

If so, then I would agree with this thread. If not, then I think they just gave us crit instead of damage, which is fine with me. We were lacking that anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

this is another reason I sold my mage mythic and not going to bother upgrading them. save some money and i'm buying architect instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Just curious, but do the rogue & warrior helms also add some crit like the mage helm does?

If so, then I would agree with this thread. If not, then I think they just gave us crit instead of damage, which is fine with me. We were lacking that anyway.
    We dont have crit. so maybe it was a tradeoff

But in all, ebe, mages have 2secs invulnerability, thats the best defensive technique anyone can have
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Let's look at the rogue, since love posted those stats.

So, we gained crit instead of damage. Let's see what that does for us, according to this post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...l=1#post989612 crits do about 125% of normal damage (an increase of 25%). I'm sure, without even doing the math, you can see how that does not add up to an increase of double the damage and that's without even counting in the 344% bonus damage that would have been applied to that extra 3 dmg.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valsacar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    Let's look at the rogue, since love posted those stats.

So, we gained crit instead of damage. Let's see what that does for us, according to this post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...l=1#post989612 crits do about 125% of normal damage (an increase of 25%). I'm sure, without even doing the math, you can see how that does not add up to an increase of double the damage and that's without even counting in the 344% bonus damage that would have been applied to that extra 3 dmg.
    You cant compare classes like that...If thats the case, then the mythic gun last season has 60 more dmg than the next best gun for mage. A rogues dmg difference is only 4dmg to next best bow...Dont you see? devs are really trying to push mages so that they arent the underdogs anymore, instead of playing with that you got which atm is very balanced, yall expect more dmg. Crit is a good stat for mages and cosmos' post doesnt show me anything about 125% dmg on crit, where did you get that information on? Past 2 seasons, mages have had more dmg than rogues with is a dmg dealing class, it wouldnt make sense to buff mages even more by 18dmg atm. Seriously, stop. Mages are not underpowered anymore, this is coming from a guy whos a maxed rogue, and has played the new pvp - theyre just right. Now it seems yall are just trying to make the class OP so you can win every fight against a rogue or warrior :/
    Last edited by Bless; 09-03-2013 at 09:37 AM.
    Credits to Iady

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Mages that says rogues are To Op: Stun, use ur shield, lighting bolt and u won
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

What are you on? Rouges do FAR more damage, and have a MUCH higher survivability than sorcerers.

Since you couldn't find it, let me highlight from Cosmo's post for you: "i got the following assuming 45% armor reduction, and about 5% miss/dodge. I have done a lot of testing and it appears that crits do about 125% normal damage..."

A less than 3% increase in a CHANCE to do 25% increased damage does not even come close to a constant increase of nearly 12 damage. That's even more true when you factor in that most of those crits will be wasted on nearly dead or weaker mobs, where the constant damage increase would not be lost.

Warriors aren't happy with something, they whine and complain over multiple threads until it changes.

Rogues aren't happy with something, they whine and complain over multiple threads until it changes.

Sorcerers point out that our helm, which was ALWAYS the weakest of them, didn't even get a proportional upgrade compared to the others, you tell us to stop complaining? We have always been the weakest class, yet haven't complained anywhere near as much as the other classes. We're not asking to be OP, we're asking to be balanced and when EVERYONE gets upgraded items they should be upgraded proportionally.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valsacar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Seriously, sorcerers need to stop whining. Y'all have enough upgrades, so truthfully, deal with it. Trust me, you have not been dealt a bad hand. Any sorcerer who thinks otherwise is simply delusional or doesn't know how to play their class.

Same thing happened in PL, mages whined whined whined all day that they were weak. However, they had many benefits to them. Of course, developers listened to the whining players & look at sorcerers now. Heck, they do damage better than the DPS class, who's main purpose IS damage & they also get more survivability.

Enough is enough - cry me a river. This is the sorcerer's campaign, yes, but no other class has made the demands y'all have made this campaign. Sorcerers have plenty of power, play the class for what it's meant to be. If you want mid survivability with the highest single target damage, then pick a rogue because you're playing the wrong class.
    Last edited by Zeus; 09-03-2013 at 10:28 AM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Bless i dont know what your deal is, i pvp, i see who get most kills and vwalla (you guessed it) still rogues

Mages stun yes, BUT WE NEED FULL CHARGE FOR IT, it takes a long time to full charge i usualyl die while charging

Mages heal mana, awesome but we need full charge for it, and thats very time consuming

Rogues got aim shot with a cd of what? 2.5 sec? with super high crit and no need to full charge, untill mages get as many kills as rogues stop complaining about OP-ness, please give me a break

Just for once think objectively, we need that extra dmg cause when shield is gone we're gone, you know it, i know it, everyone know it now be fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    Bless i dont know what your deal is, i pvp, i see who get most kills and vwalla (you guessed it) still rogues

Mages stun yes, BUT WE NEED FULL CHARGE FOR IT, it takes a long time to full charge i usualyl die while charging

Mages heal mana, awesome but we need full charge for it, and thats very time consuming

Rogues got aim shot with a cd of what? 2.5 sec? with super high crit and no need to full charge, untill mages get as many kills as rogues stop complaining about OP-ness, please give me a break

Just for once think objectively, we need that extra dmg cause when shield is gone we're gone, you know it, i know it, everyone know it now be fair.
    My issue isn't that it isn't fair right now. IMO, it is. My issue is the smurfs who are complaining for even more power. How much more do they want? It only exponentially increases each cap! Do people WANT to destroy class balance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar:1251410
    What are you on? Rouges do FAR more damage, and have a MUCH higher survivability than sorcerers. No. If a mage and rogue 1v1s, no heal, a mage is EASILY winning. If you want to try it out, my ign is Bless

Since you couldn't find it, let me highlight from Cosmo's post for you: "i got the following assuming 45% armor reduction, and about 5% miss/dodge.I have done a lot of testing and it appears that crits do about 125% normal damage..." Thats a wholly biased point of view. Warriors and rogues could also have 125% dmg on crit so your argument is invalid and we dont have any solid proof anyways.

A less than 3% increase in a CHANCE to do 25% increased damage does not even come close to a constant increase of nearly 12 damage. That's even more true when you factor in that most of those crits will be wasted on nearly dead or weaker mobs, where the constant damage increase would not be lost. Youre right, but mages dont need the extra 20 dmg atm, that wouldnt even things out, it would make them OP.

Warriors aren't happy with something, they whine and complain over multiple threads until it changes.

Rogues aren't happy with something, they whine and complain over multiple threads until it changes. You got crit instead of dmg so a mage isnt handicapped...

Sorcerers point out that our helm, which was ALWAYS the weakest of them, didn't even get a proportional upgrade compared to the others, you tell us to stop complaining? Same thing can be said about rogue bow, the bow is way weaker than gun, were not complaining We have always been the weakest class No, your head is in the clouds thinking mages are the weakest, wake up, mages like smoller and energi have been successful because they dont undermine themselves and actully try to kill. Since L31 cap mages have been balanced, they have good dmg, stun, defence. Mages had 50 more dmg at L31 cap so you cant rlly say they were weak, yet haven't complained anywhere near as much as the other classes . We're not asking to be OP, we're asking to be balanced and when EVERYONE gets upgraded items they should be upgraded proportionally.
    Youre asking for everyone to get upgraded proportionally, then the mythic bow should have difference of 60 dmg than bonechill bow, but it doesnt. Mages have a huge dmg boost already and a chance to crit, you still want more...

If you feeel youre underpowered when other mages seem to be okay, then quit your class because you're not playing it right. a
    Not trying to flame, i countered your argument in bold

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:1251437
    Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post

My issue isn't that it isn't fair right now. IMO, it is. My issue is the smurfs who are complaining for even more power. How much more do they want? It only exponentially increases each cap! Do people WANT to destroy class balance?
    This freaking this!!!!

When have i ever said that i cant kill mages? You people just want to become the most OP class

Pvp is really fair atm for mages and rogues but yall only want MORE AND MORE
    Last edited by Bless; 09-03-2013 at 10:43 AM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I think it was almost fair at the end of last season, only the whiners complained but i think the balance was destroyed with how the mage myth helm was upgraded

Comon i know youll agree with me, if rogue helm was 3 and now 6 mage helm was 2.8 now should be 5.6-5.8

Edit: Bless we or i guess I dont wish to be the most OP class but if it was pretty fair at the end of last season (you agree with that right?) and the upgraded mage helm kinda sucks compared to the rest, thus it want be as well balanced as before, we just want the same dmg upgrade the other classes had to keep the balance.
    Last edited by matanofx; 09-03-2013 at 10:46 AM.