Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upgraded Mythic Helm-Dmg Totally Unchanged

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Erdnase View Post
    Hmm, I'm not taking any side here or trying to put anyone down, but I would like to point out that ur math is invalid here. If instead I am wrong, do correct me tho. You can refer back to post 29 where I explain more, but 2.5 crit does 0.00625 more skill dmg on average, and the 3 dmg gives 0.0075 (saying u have 400 dmg) more dmg. But these numbers still can't be compared. Crit effects the dmg of different skills at different times, which makes the dmg increase inconsistent. While the dmg number increases all the skill dmg and is always consistent. That 2.5% extra chance to crit can so easily be wasted on ur main skill. Or say in pve u crit light with it, but it hits an almost dead mob, pretty much wasted. On dmg, there is even another benefit to being consistent tho. The dmg number will also be stacked with things like the dmg passive and pets with extra percent of dmg given. So while say 20% more dmg off of 3 isn't that great, it still is an increase, and still consistent.

All of this just shows that dmg and crit really can't be compared so easy IMO. Each have their pros and cons. Each can leave u doing more dmg I believe also, it just varies on many things. But lastly I would like to add to the rogues saying mages have the most dmg. This may be true in numbers, but if u really want to see who DEALS the most dmg that would be even harder then comparing crit and dmg. Mages have dmg, aoe, and a small chance at crit. Rogues have great crit, and still good dmg, and some aoe. So which does more dmg? Like many things it's just dependent on the situation. Classes shouldn't be equally comparable to each other, its not right, and I really feel it's something that makes the game more fun. The only unfortunate thing is that there will always likely be people claiming an "imbalance."
    You make some very good points. I guess here is a good summary of why I don't mind crit instead of dmg..... Most of the "balance" issues have to do with PvP where we actually compete against each other, and my PvP build is Fire/Lightning/Shield/Heal. I have 2 offensive skills, and Lightning is one of them. So given that build, crit is actually better for me than damage. For some other builds, yes damage would be better.

Frohnatur is complaining that rogues hit so hard -- they actually have less damage than mages do. Look at their stats and you'll see. It's the critical hits that is the reason why they hit so much harder. Yes, when the crit numbers are small, it doesn't look very important. If you crit is 5% instead of 3%, nobody seems to care. But 2% is still 2% and when you do the math that gain is the same as if you were going from 48% to 50%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

more dmge for mages helm! lmao!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

I cant stop agreeing with the comments erdnase meakes here, i wish he was a dev...

Its pretty simple, the makers/designers of the mage myth helm gave too much credit to crit IMO. People may not see it now but theyll see it later i suppose.

In pvp rogues dominate (yes i mean today not just in past seasons), count the kills and see for yourself, they dont want mages to rise and take more and more kills from them so they come in this thread and tell us "JUST DEAL WITH IT". Now dont get me wrong i dont try to make mages the best class to choose but why are some rogues so aimed to keep unfairness happening.

When rogues complained about their dev bows nerf i didnt come and say "GOOD JOB DEVS!", well friends stop stickin your noses in here, be freaking objective and look at the facts as they are, in the end of the day with all the pros of being a mage, rogues still dominate pvp and theyll continue to, i dont have a problem with that, just change the +2.5crit to +2.6-3dmg and for future reference please stop coming in these threads and try to raise hell, when you cry we dont mind your business so when we complain, mind your own business.

This thread is really about dmg vs crit for mages and weather or not the myth helms shud upgrade dmg instead of crit, unless you play a mage you have nothing to do here.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I was hoping for a bit more dmg on the upgraded helm..
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88929&dateline=136981  8890
    Signature created by marshmallow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frohnatur View Post

No, they shouldnt be "equally" comparable, I agree. But if there are achievements involved, wich makes it for one class way easier to gain them, there is an imbalance that matters, since a lot of people look on those lb's and judge "who's top dog" in the game or else. Now, the achievements are: pvp Kills, Flags, and (at some more distantly related level) guild-kdr.

For all of those achieves, it is easier to gain for rogues.

Thats imbalance.

If you wanna have fair competition, the outsets to reach those achievements should be - as in any honest competition - equal.

Otherwise its just a joke. And when I look on the LB or how the classes differ in myth/arcane distribution/stats, its just a joke for mages right now. Just a few of them with enough money in their pockets and a shytload of time are top. The big big rest are Rogues and eventually some arcane-Warriors.
    This. Rogues just have no trade of. I play a lvl 36 rogue so i can say... No skills need charging, awesome dmg, high base critical, high dodge, decent health and armor.. Even the rogue aoe skills do more dmg than a mage aoe skill.. What's the downside on playing rogue really?

Rogues are better than any other class because they have no real shortcoming.

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

The toeless smurf!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katish:1252648
    Quote Originally Posted by Frohnatur View Post

No, they shouldnt be "equally" comparable, I agree. But if there are achievements involved, wich makes it for one class way easier to gain them, there is an imbalance that matters, since a lot of people look on those lb's and judge "who's top dog" in the game or else. Now, the achievements are: pvp Kills, Flags, and (at some more distantly related level) guild-kdr.

For all of those achieves, it is easier to gain for rogues.

Thats imbalance.

If you wanna have fair competition, the outsets to reach those achievements should be - as in any honest competition - equal.

Otherwise its just a joke. And when I look on the LB or how the classes differ in myth/arcane distribution/stats, its just a joke for mages right now. Just a few of them with enough money in their pockets and a shytload of time are top. The big big rest are Rogues and eventually some arcane-Warriors.
    This. Rogues just have no trade of. I play a lvl 36 rogue so i can say... No skills need charging, awesome dmg, high base critical, high dodge, decent health and armor.. Even the rogue aoe skills do more dmg than a mage aoe skill.. What's the downside on playing rogue really?

Rogues are better than any other class because they have no real shortcoming.

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2
    Maybe you havent met some pro mages?

Here are some I think can kill you:
    Tongasmash
    Messuup
    Azemeazed
    Smoller
    Enerzi

And dont get me started on tradeoffs, rogues cant go 4 combos without running out of mana. Mana is the biggest problem. And mage can have more hp than rogue too. Another downside is that we DONT HAVE 2SEC OF INVULNERABILITY like the other two classes, sweetest defence there is
    Last edited by Bless; 09-04-2013 at 11:42 AM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    And mage can have more hp than rogue too
    This is wrong and you keep repeating this falsehood. Here is my stats with full mythics and samael compared to a rogue with full mythics and samael. See for yourself. The rogue has the same HP as me but 30% more armor. And you can see I have more STR then the rogue yet has more HP. I can post the entire screenshots of me vs rogue so you can see the equipment. Yes I have more damage but this is not about that so dont bring this up, you stated mages can have more HP then rogues. This is wrong and has never been the case. Rogues and mages can have the same amount of HP. But rogues always have had 30% more armor.

Name:  magevsrogue.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  81.5 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Another downside is that we DONT HAVE 2SEC OF INVULNERABILITY like the other two classes, sweetest defence there is
    You edit your post after the fact to add this once proven wrong? And have you heard of protective shield upgrade to horn of renew? Stop all incoming damage for 2 seconds. Stop making stuff up and get your facts straight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    You edit your post after the fact to add this once proven wrong? And have you heard of protective shield upgrade to horn of renew? Stop all incoming damage for 2 seconds. Stop making stuff up and get your facts straight.
    No. You get your facts and attitude straight.

1. You made yourself look ignorant for challenging me about the post edits. I edited my post 6 minuted before you posted yours.

2. I said both classes (mage and warrior) has heal 2sec invul not only mage, thanks for the laugh.

3. That comparison shows that mages have better stats than rogue: Rogue has 3 better things than the mage (dodge, crit and armor) whilst a mage has 4 (bonus dmg, dmg, dps, mana). Mage has similar HP to the rogue + it will have almost 30 more dmg now that helm is buffed. They only lack the luck factors and armor stat wise dont they?

"rogues always have 30% more armor". Thats really quite common sense, if mages are meant to have a total package (high mana, high armor/hp and high dmg) then the other classes shouldnt even exist. you just want mages to be op then if they have same armor as rogue. What benefit will a rogue have? nothing.

seriously people and their logic...be happy that you got your buff, ill hope to see you in pvp
    Last edited by Bless; 09-04-2013 at 03:15 PM.
    Credits to Iady

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Omg guys, mages are always on mages sides, and rogues are always on rogues sides. No point in this argument. All I'm saying is the devs decision is fair square. Mages shield is op tbh,

note: btw, face asterox, she pro lol.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

To all the numbers-crunchers out there:

Its not balanced. Balanced means, same gear, similar kill chances. This is not the case. Rogues have 3 times more kills than comparable mages or warriors.

And just because there are some perfectly well equipped mages out there who can beat up a less well equipped (or less talented) rogue, doesnt mean mages are balanced, either.

Rogues, you understand what BALANCE means? Equality.

Yes I understand that a mage shouldn't be able to solo single shot another player or solo smash a whole team, but in team mode, where all classes are playing their role as designed, all classes should at least get an similar amount of kills (of course depending upon the skills of the player, quick thumbs and mind etc.).

Again. This is not the case. Rogues get 3 times more kills than mages - mages (and I feel sorry for that) get usually 2 times more kills than Warriors.

This is not balance.

But you know what? I'll live with that. I have 7800 kills now and I will get my 10k achiev sooner or later. I run pvp for 6 months now and I have the worst kdr on the planet, but who cares? I dont. After that I will maybe flag only or go TDM or shuyal arena for fun or get rich farming elite. Right now there is a lot of content to play with and I am happy about that. If I get bored one day I leave the game and look for something else. And I leave it to the hands of this capable Studio to prevent me from doing that.

And I want to thank STS at this point for fixing up the helm. It helps. I think it is amazing that you reacted with an update in such a quick fashion.
    Last edited by Frohnatur; 09-04-2013 at 10:59 PM.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    This is wrong and you keep repeating this falsehood. Here is my stats with full mythics and samael compared to a rogue with full mythics and samael. See for yourself. The rogue has the same HP as me but 30% more armor. And you can see I have more STR then the rogue yet has more HP. I can post the entire screenshots of me vs rogue so you can see the equipment. Yes I have more damage but this is not about that so dont bring this up, you stated mages can have more HP then rogues. This is wrong and has never been the case. Rogues and mages can have the same amount of HP. But rogues always have had 30% more armor.

Name:  magevsrogue.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  81.5 KB

I see.. Same full mythic nd pet..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

They buffed mage mythic helm 2.8 to 3.8.. But compared to wArrior nd rougues helm.. Its way to far.. 2.8-6 i think for warrior nd rouges..? Im not pretty sure..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xstealthxx View Post
    They buffed mage mythic helm 2.8 to 3.8.. But compared to wArrior nd rougues helm.. Its way to far.. 2.8-6 i think for warrior nd rouges..? Im not pretty sure..
    You also have crit. They buffed it, be happy. Aren't mages ever satiated? God, lol. This stuff makes me laugh, LOL!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    You also have crit. They buffed it, be happy. Aren't mages ever satiated? God, lol. This stuff makes me laugh, LOL!
    Amusing, coming from the guy that has whined in multiple threads about his gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    Amusing, coming from the guy that has whined in multiple threads about his gear.
    I see I've ticked a nerve if you're going for personal attacks, Valsacar. That's alright, not taking the bait so if you'd like to keep being grumpy and irritated with every post you make, that is completely fine by me as none of the instigations will affect me in a negative manner.

Anyways, last thing I'm speak about that^^ Moving on...

Personally, and many others agree - I believe developers should hold true to their word. It isn't about getting the stats on them buffed. In the previous legends games, whenever the developers started going back on their word, it never spelled a good thing about the fate of the game. For a game that players have invested so much money in & the game that is making more than the 3 other legends games combined, for them to piss off their customers by going back on things assured such as Arcane Hooks lasting 3 campaigns as the best dagger is not a good sign.

Also, I doubt you would see me complaining if hooks didn't get their stats buffed "properly". A buff is a buff, regardless. How can one really complain about an improvement? Seriously, tell me the logic in that? With the combination of Vili's Radiant added crit and damage, the helm is very balanced when compared to the other mythic helms across the table.

Last but not least, I believe that you think the same thing as well:
    They were probably expecting what the devs promised. Mythics are good/best for [current season]+1 and arcane good/best for [current season]+2.
    P.S: Are you a sorcerer in game? If so, that would explain so much!

EDIT: By the looks of this quote, you are. Now I see the reasoning behind your flame baited posts!
    I've gone through CS, my mythic ring and amulet are still the best.

There's a ring that will give my sorc a little extra damage...
    Now that I see the basis in your flame-baited post, I hope you lay off the grumpy pills!

Sincerely,

Apollo
    Last edited by Zeus; 09-05-2013 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Fate of the game - not "fat". Typing posts at 3AM has a strong correlation with leaving out letters towards the ending... D:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Well the helms buffed now
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Well the helms buffed now
    Yeah, by 1 damage unfortunately which may go to show a message devs are trying to communicate: "Sorcerers, you're powerful enough!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Yeah, by 1 damage unfortunately which may go to show a message devs are trying to communicate: "Sorcerers, you're powerful enough!"
    Now if only the threads will stop.
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx:1253983
    Now if only the threads will stop.
    ikr
    Credits to Iady