Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Guild Size adds to lag?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default Guild Size adds to lag?

Hi, Quick question does the guild size add to the lag that players will receive? We have had a few complaints and one that was apparently told by your support that it was the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Hmmm don't know about in AL, but in PL that was the rumor...

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Spacetime Studios Dev
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts

"told by your support that it was the case."
    They are right. Bigger guilds have more lag while the system loads the guild list (or whatever it's doing). Once that is done, it should go back to normal.

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Yup this is what I explained on another thread:

Yes, The more pending Friend Requests / Friends / Guild members , the more lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne
    Recently we came across an issue with some un-capped lists: Friend's List, Ignore List, Guild Size, stuff like that. Right now, we don't cap the upper limit of how many friends you can have, or guild members you can have. In general, this works out pretty well, but, like a lot of things in life, there are those few edge cases. You know, the guy that sends friend requests to anyone he sees and has like 6,000 friends. Or, the silly developer (me in this case) who accepts any friend requests (cause I you all!) and winds up with even more friends.

This becomes a problem when the list size is soooo huge that when trying to access it (like open your Friend's List) it basically lags your game out. Even worse is the huge Guild List - trying to open it becomes a problem and using it is even worse.

[...]
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ist-is-too-big

With other words the more names in your list(s), the more does the system have to load for you.
    This really sucks especially when you are in a quick remake trip and have to wait 1 or 2 minutes before you can actually run .
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...t-Calculations

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DocDoBig For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Ok so our guild is around 5k, we have the issue that there are no tools available to maintain a guild of that size. I am sure that we could cut 2k users that are not active but with no sorting ability and no visibility of last active we are going to implode. We are faced with the issue that we need to recruit to keep an active player base but our size is starting to make people leave due to lag and some cases DC'ing.

Char Gaonichat reports 3 DCs before getting to guild hall.

Is there any future plans to help with this? preferably a means of ordering guild on a days inactive basis.

Is there any ability that you have to prune the guild based on a value (last online/days inactive) we give to you?

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Foebegone View Post
    Is there any future plans to help with this? preferably a means of ordering guild on a days inactive basis.

Is there any ability that you have to prune the guild based on a value (last online/days inactive) we give to you?
    As you see, the thread i gave over the link in the quote is over 1 year old. Well I don't think the Spacetime Engine is not and was never intended to hold thousands of names on one account.
    I'm no Dev but I believe they can not really fix that. Don't quote me on this though.

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Thanks DocDoBig

I have no problem with having restrictions and understand the issue but we have hit this barrier now and our guild is suffering this is not a friends list that can easily be pruned its a guild.

The guild rosta should be a table in a schema which could be sorted many ways depending on the indexes. it could be a support request? it would be easy to prune directly on the DB (or through admin interface as is good practice)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks for this post. From last week I was having lags in game, every time I visit a map,or travel to city,
    Its like 10sec everything stays still, and ping goes over 10k and most of time my party members will have started playing even before I gets control over game, I was thinking about quitting this game,

But after reading this post, I remembered I joined a guild recently, and checked and found they have 2k+members, so I tried leaving the guild and yes it solved all my issues for now. I m playing on android 4.2 .tab.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Foebegone View Post
    Ok so our guild is around 5k, we have the issue that there are no tools available to maintain a guild of that size. I am sure that we could cut 2k users that are not active but with no sorting ability and no visibility of last active we are going to implode. We are faced with the issue that we need to recruit to keep an active player base but our size is starting to make people leave due to lag and some cases DC'ing.

Char Gaonichat reports 3 DCs before getting to guild hall.

I'm sure that we have many inactive members in Lords of War that we could stand to remove. This would help with lag as well as with the guild ranking. Being able to see when people last logged in would be extremely helpful, or as foe said, having the guild list ordered based on activity (for those who are logged out). Several good players have left Lords of War solely because of the fact that our guild causes them lag.

Also, if members are able to see when I, the guild master, or the officers last logged in it would be helpful. People often ask, "Has the guild master been on today?" What I mean by this is that being able to see when people last logged in is helpful for many reasons.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Probably the only way to fix that kind of lag would be to overhaul the main process program with a dual core matrix thus giving an implemented hypnotizer code which would be stable on all devices the estimated time to create such a program would be 2-5 years!
    asimauara farmers inc! we go for the fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asimauara View Post
    Probably the only way to fix that kind of lag would be to overhaul the main process program with a dual core matrix thus giving an implemented hypnotizer code which would be stable on all devices the estimated time to create such a program would be 2-5 years!
    Can you elaborate, why it takes 2 to 5 years, and how you estimated the time.? Just curious.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

It was just a rough estimate if you have a big enough team the program itself could be written in less time but it's a very tricky code and lile many other things has alot of faults, bugs, and glitches!
    asimauara farmers inc! we go for the fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Y not add load next guild members list as it is already there in auction.. where it loads next items..
    This would solve your problems of lists

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Still the most helpful thing would be to let us sort on activity, or just see a last active date. its not 2 years work, more like 2 days work as they produce stats on this so the data is held. Its going to get worse in the future as we have no guild management tools and it is impossible to monitor activity of any sizeable guild.