Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-09-04 Content Update (129120)

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    No changes are planned for the Hooks.
    OK.
    Last edited by FluffNStuff; 09-04-2013 at 04:34 PM.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    No changes are planned for the Hooks.
    Why state that they are going to last for 3 expansions then when they are not? People buy arcane weapons with the information stated FROM the developers that they will last for 3 expansion.

Sam, it would be fine if you told players they would last for one expansion but that is not what developers did. They have stated that arcane weapons would last for 3. It's not right to go back on your word like that & it's definitely a way to piss off your customers.

At the very least, please discontinue them from the crates. Nobody likes looting a "lame" arcane.
    Last edited by Zeus; 09-04-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Pls help us fix our bug armors:/
    I already sent an email earlier today and already posted on bug section.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...armor-and-helm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I can attest to the one shot kill with snaggles. Also loki is healing me weird with a like hit when I arcane.

Also what happened to buffing hooks as promised to paying Plat users. I'm not going for the maul if if gets outdated after one expansion.
    Last edited by Zanpakuto; 09-04-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Why state that they are going to last for 3 expansions then when they are not? People buy arcane weapons with the information stated FROM the developers that they will last for 3 expansion.

Sam, it would be fine if you told players they would last for one expansion but that is not what developers did. They have stated that arcane weapons would last for 3. It's not right to go back on your word like that & it's definitely a way to piss off your customers.

At the very least, please discontinue them from the crates. Nobody likes looting a "lame" arcane.
    Gotta agree with Apollo here, Devs stated arcane would be the best for seasons and lets be honest here, they where the best in kraken, debatable but mountains teeth of brutality were better than them, now architect blows hooks out of the water, and tbh the hooks proc is pretty garbage when compared to the other arcane weapons, I mean the -20% armor is nice (or whatever it is) but the 15% (or whatever it is) reduce in movement speed is pretty useless I mean we're already within 5ft to attack with them so what's the point of reducing move speed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    The snaggle tooths in elite oltagar, when they do there charged/freeze attack they can even one hit warriors wit 2k armor +4000hp
    LMAO, 1 hit even a warr with 2k armor and 5.5k HP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eneysiel View Post
    LMAO, 1 hit even a warr with 2k armor and 5.5k HP
    Still that's my point (& OP bezzelebobs) should a mob be hitting that much? I think we all know the answer to that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I personally think that elite oltgar keep run is more difficult as well as more enjoyable. If devs will reduce difficulty at oltgar keep level, then entomb warfare price will be reduced at significant level.
    Also I suggest that normal grimmir should be more difficult when a lvl35/36 toon facing him. Vixen egg price has reduced at significant level due to this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    Still that's my point (& OP bezzelebobs) should a mob be hitting that much? I think we all know the answer to that
    Yes, they should be. There has to be significant challenge to the elite maps that ultimately balances risk versus reward. You're venturing through elite content in order to acquire elite gear. Can you honestly say that in the absence of the "snaggle bombs" the maps still be reasonably challenging on an elite scale? You have to realize that in this game you aren't running back to your corpse to re-attain your gear, losing XP upon death, or having equipment lose durability from being hit/dying. In fact, there are virtually no dire consequences to dying in AL other than gaining +1 death in your statistics and having to run back to the group. As annoying as it may be for you, you have to accept the challenge factor involved with balancing risk versus reward in elite maps. Once you understand that concept, you'll understand why the Devs threw these "death traps" into the game.

EDIT: 3 AM grammar...
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-05-2013 at 02:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Yes, they should be. There has to be significant challenge to the elite maps that ultimately balances risk versus reward. You're venturing through elite content in order to acquire elite gear. Can you honestly say that in the absence of the "snaggle bombs" the maps still be reasonably challenging on an elite scale? You have to realize that in this game you aren't running back to your corpse to re-attain your gear, losing XP upon death, or having equipment lose durability from being hit/dying. In fact, there are virtually no dire consequences to dying in AL other than gaining +1 death in your statistics and having to run back to the group. As annoying as it may be for you, you have to accept the challenge factor involved with balancing risk versus reward in elite maps. Once you understand that concept, you'll understand why the Devs threw these "death traps" into the game.

I agree with everything this dude said
    CallMeOops
    Earning Gold Daily - Hit Me Up For Elite Runs/Egg Hunting etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post

It's not only about it's stats.
    The achievement, that's all we need.
    I'm not a crate opener, and a plat user.
    Anyway, hooks still priced more than 10m right?
    It still give you money, so hunt them away.
    I wish I were me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm a level 31 sorcerer, I did the first shuyal map only with a rogue since all leave once they arrive to the boss only to find out that the wraith heart is still bugged as we both didn't get the achievement when we finally killed it...
    Please fix it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maunyabastian View Post
    No, hooks are priced at 8M or less and falling day by day. It's not about the gold, as I have plenty of that, it's about developers not living up to their word. In other games of theirs, that only spelled the slow degradation of PL, SL, and DL.

Also, since arcane items are the ones that are rarely ever looted - Only a very few use them to get the arcane achievement. Infact, these days, many people get them from opening arcane rarity pet eggs.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maunyabastian View Post

Lol no 10 m... 7-8 m now.. Like hammerjaw.

And yes. LMFAO Who would buy crap for 7-8 m ... Which will be useless after 3 months?

It is ARCANE RARITY WEAPON GEEZ! One player would gather gold thru 2 expansions for that item for that he should resell it after 3 months? Ridiculous...

I suppose dev will still upgrade Arcane pets after next expansion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post

Nope mobs shouldnt hit so hard. As much u r an "elite player" others r not. Ppl bail in elite runs, dont have so much patience just run back. One hitting mobs r really discouraging and annoying. and bc of timer no one else can join...
    And the reward i must disagree with this too. Most of the time u just end up getting green item.
    For the usual player thers enough challenge in elite maps already without one hitting mobs.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Uzii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    Nope mobs shouldnt hit so hard. As much u r an "elite player" others r not. Ppl bail in elite runs, dont have so much patience just run back. One hitting mobs r really discouraging and annoying. and bc of timer no one else can join...
    And the reward i must disagree with this too. Most of the time u just end up getting green item.
    For the usual player thers enough challenge in elite maps already without one hitting mobs.
    Don't get me wrong, I am not tooting my own horn trying to announce to the world that I am an "elite player". I am simply speaking from the perspective of a gamer who is currently adventuring through AL's end-game content, which is indeed elite maps.

I agree, the timer for elite maps is a huge problem, and the Devs on these forums are listening to our input. I honestly feel that if the timer becomes optional for players, that the population of PUGs and casual gamers will enjoy elite content much much more. The solution in theory is quite simple, although I don't have the slightest clue as to the difficulty of adding code behind the scenes.

I started a separate thread on this HERE.
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-05-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Could devs give us a little outlook on what to expect in this expansion-period? What events are planned, will there be new quests, will there be things like pvp-one-on-one, new vanities, and how about the idea of integrating more elite bosses into the normal maps? Would be nice to know about the outlooks, I'm sure you have a mid-term plan hanging around in the studios somewhere? Please share a little teaser with us here.

Its not that I am bored, but the new shuyal expansion is really nice and wonder what kind of stuff it will get to make it a little more interesting. Right now there are only the elite-modes and three dailies to do in that maps. I'm working on the achievements, yes, but this will be done quite soon (other than the silly 50/100 mil achievs, lol) so I'd like to know what we can expect in the near future.

Thanks.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com