Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PL Balance after the Great Nerf of 2013

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    169 Posts

so far i been using shamrock thrasher big luck n xp blessing

Quick! Staring contest...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dohvakiian:1264392
    Oh and i know this is off topic but does anyone know a good wifi service:i currently have at&t wifi(their "good "router) but it just sucks.

Im open to suggestions
    Xfinity? (At&t's rival )

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

I have a suggestion, make the rhino farts have a deeper sound so they go along with the laugh and cry.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to javier995 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    Xfinity? (At&t's rival )
    I prefer Verizon.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Roberto077 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Yeah Verizon is da bes.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #226
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

If fights are still over too fast in PvP, we could lower the damage of everyone (just in PvP) by a set percentage, say 10%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    If fights are still over too fast in PvP, we could lower the damage of everyone (just in PvP) by a set percentage, say 10%.
    yeah..thats what i wanted...lower the damage or increase the HP point in PvP only.Can you make the skill only nerf on PvP but not in PvE?Its help many PvE'er..And also get rid those orb from DM or make a safe line where spawner cannot enter it...but just make its available only on CTF maps ...
    Last edited by Ks_Leon; 09-18-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

If you could do this plus either increase HP or armor, it would be perfect. And as KS stated, the orbs aren't working. Players can still be targeted and still leads to problems with spawning. Can the "Invulnerability" code from PvE not be imported to PvP where it lasts only 3 seconds and ONLY occurs when you spawn and not revived. It works in PvE not sure why it can't be coded in for PvP to work the same way.

Thank you for your response.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

I would do a bit more, probably around 25%
    Also in all game play, I would nerf the dodge on all sets 51 and above. And the damage on the 71-75 scythes and 56-60 maces
    As well as nerfing bear evade and rage(the 90 damage to 50 should be fine)

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #230
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

"Players can still be targeted and still leads to problems with spawning. "

Can someone give a detailed explanation what you guys experience now, when it breaks?

I can't implement it the same way we do in AL because of some larger differences between the systems in the two games, and the fact that players can revive each other in PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Can someone give a detailed explanation what you guys experience now, when it breaks?

I can't implement it the same way we do in AL because of some larger differences between the systems in the two games, and the fact that players can revive each other in PL.
    when the orb is on you, you can't use spells or take damage, but stuns and freezing and roots still affect you and the opponent can target you the same as normal, the only difference is immunity to actual damage and inability to cast spells. Honestly if you could change it back to casting spells, but only make the orb work in ctf spawn rooms it would work perfect.
    Hopefully that should clarify, thanks for the care.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

I agree, the orb should only be in the CTF Spawn Room and not in DM or when you get revived.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nihiliste For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

1) the orb should only be on during Ctf to stop spawning. The orb should definitely not be used after being revived, YOU CHOOSE to accept revive seeing people around you shouldn't expect to live.

2) Pvp end game is way to unbalanced bears do way to much damadge for the amount of tanking they can do. More HP across the boards should be implemented, and damadge should be nerfed 15% on bears 10% on Mage and bird because birds are KILLING classes mages are support but can still pack a punch and bears TANK they shouldn't be killing more than a bird or a Mage.

3) if you guys haven't noticed 500 has been the default health across the boards since 56 cap. We need a real balance.
    Last edited by Rushorgtfo; 09-18-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

I'll give it a shot from all the comments I've read here.

What happened before orb:
    Player would spawn but immediately be killed by waiting opponents. There was nothing he could do because he didn't have time to get his defenses up and/or use any attacks before immediately dying again.

What happens now with orb:
    Player no longer dies instantly (because he can't take any damage with orb on) but is prevented from using any defensive buffs or attacks to fight off the waiting opponents. So the opponents just stand there waiting for the orb to disappear and slaughter the player as before. The only difference is that there's now a 3 second wait before the carnage begins. And the player can't run away either because opponents can just root/hold/etc even with orb on.

The whole point of the orb was to give the respawning player a grace period to get back in the action. But not being able to buff or run away from opponents makes this time meaningless: there's nothing useful the player can do to fend off impending slaughter.

The orb idea would be more effective if players could do any of the following while orb is on:
    1. Use defensive skills/buffs/etc (i.e. be ready for impending combat)
    2. Attack opponents (i.e. create a disincentive for opponents to hang around spawn point)
    3. Escape by being immune to stun/hold/etc

Personally, I would choose to make the respawned player have all of the above advantages with orb on. This would make it utterly stupid for opponents to hang around spawn (since they'd be sitting ducks) which is exactly what this whole thing was supposed to do in the first place.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Yes, as well as an increase in armor and HP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

For the orb to be effective, you need to be able to buff and opponent should not be able to target you. You should not be able to be stunned, rooted, iced, beckoned etc.

I like that it works on revive also as long as you can buff and not be targeted so you have a chance to survive.

Many ppl are forgetting that spawning can happen in PVP maps as well as CTF maps so the orb is needed in both. I understand a lot of ppl only play forest fight but it is not the only PVP map that exists.

I don't think that damage should be reduced. Armor needs to be increased and it will benefit both PVP and PVE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    For the orb to be effective, you need to be able to buff and opponent should not be able to target you. You should not be able to be stunned, rooted, iced, beckoned etc.

I like that it works on revive also as long as you can buff and not be targeted so you have a chance to survive.

Many ppl are forgetting that spawning can happen in PVP maps as well as CTF maps so the orb is needed in both. I understand a lot of ppl only play forest fight but it is not the only PVP map that exists.

I don't think that damage should be reduced. Armor needs to be increased and it will benefit both PVP and PVE.
    True, I just have a bit problem with orb, I can't seem to FFA with it on, I don't know what ya guys will do to it but IMO its not really necessary in PvP.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

In the way, can you make the New items (L75 Dex helm, dragonspine bows, dragonspine sword, gemmed dragonbone helm, Int helm, *no int weapon*) have a set bonus with it's related-stat gear. Kinda like mixing the new dragon bow with a swift helm and armor to have similar stats just as it would with a swift recurve set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

An excellent start, but if damage is only lowered by that amount across the board, will it help? I'm not so sure lets look at a few numbers for a second:

My 76 bird (with Elite bow, pure dex, dragon ring, and angel armor/helm) hits about 300-500 (for arrow abilities) depending on the opponent. The auto attacks sit at 150-230. If there's only a 10% decrease, then the numbers will still be around here:
    270-450 for the arrow abilities
    135-225 for auto attacks

Is that enough of a decrease when we're talking about 400-800 health (realistically)? A boast to defense, in my opinion, along with the damage decrease is needed to make it any better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

when someone spwn, he get that 3sec orb and he can't use his skills while opponent can not only target him but also debuff, stun, root him during this 3 sec also that means the damage doesn't work on orb but the procs of the skills works, for example if it is pull of bear, it wont do any damage but the orb get pulled.

suggesion : fix this bug and make it in a way that we can buff but can't attact other during this 3 sec within from orb.
    Last edited by Waug; 09-19-2013 at 04:54 AM.