Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue mana, PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default Rogue mana, PvP.

In pvp, rogues mana lacks, face it, you cant even do 3 pierce-aim-nox combos without running out of mana, and no mana means rogue will die within 10seconds.

Two ideas:

1. Combat Medic: Each combat medic pack could heal 5% mana. This wouldnt be OP because its only 5% per pack, (15% per use - with extra pack upgrade). It would help and it is used commonly in PvP. Supported by almost every pack user.

2. The Mythic bow proc to be revised. The proc atm isnt very useful (sinister bow proc is way better, the mythi bow stun snare is weak, make it like 80% slowness and ill be impressed) and it has an uber rare chance of proccing. The proc could be changed to "heal 50% of the max mana". The proc like the architect pylon has. Very useful proc.

The rogue class DESERVES a skill that heals mana. Why? Every other class can heal mana (vengeful blood and lifegiver) and I believe, since rogues really lack mana this expansion, these two suggestions would help.

Criticise if you want, devs will most likely implement something if they see the whole communitys input...and no this isnt that long winded post with fancy numbers and a wall of text, but valid suggestion.
    Last edited by Bless; 09-06-2013 at 06:32 PM.
    Credits to Iady

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I'm a rouge and I defiantly agree with this and would love to see it but.... All I can see is other classes complaining about rouges being more OP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed:1255698
    I'm a rouge and I defiantly agree with this and would love to see it but.... All I can see is other classes complaining about rouges being more OP
    I dont understand how its OP....warrior and mage have mana heal skills too, so they cant say its OP. A warrior has unlimited mana, isnt that useful?
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    I dont understand how its OP....warrior and mage have mana heal skills too, so they cant say its OP. A warrior has unlimited mana, isnt that useful?
    Has he said he is a rouge. He isn't saying its over poweres.
    I am a rouge and neither am I saying its op.
    I would like to see it happen to but they give you skill points for a reason. There is gear that has int+ you try purchasing that.
    Other then this i dont think they will change this class for more mana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Player24 View Post
    Has he said he is a rouge. He isn't saying its over poweres.
    I am a rouge and neither am I saying its op.
    I would like to see it happen to but they give you skill points for a reason. There is gear that has int+ you try purchasing that.
    Other then this i dont think they will change this class for more mana
    I did say it was overpowered :$ here's my reasoning as you know this game has PVE and PVP now for PVE this would be fine but in PVP it wouldn't be, rouges have high dmg/dps, high crit, medium armour & hp our only real weakness is our mana consumption, mages weakness is there hp and warriors is there damage rate and as soon as rouges can heal hp & mana with packs (even 15%) that means we don't really have a weakness nd throws the balance of pvp off and once that happens I bet you there would be 28618362926 complaint threads about it, again I'll state that I am a rouge and would LOVE to see it happen but it probably never will happen because of PVP :/

& I'm not trying to criticize in any way I'm just looking at "both sides of the coin"
    Last edited by Derezzzed; 09-06-2013 at 09:24 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Derezzzed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

How about instead you spec some more mana. How about some INT passives?

Rogues run out of mana because most rogues have a build that lacks mana. But you can make that build however you want it to be. If you want more mana, then alter your build to make it so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

I used lunar pendant for a while and lost about 20 dmg from fang to lunar. My mana seemed to be nothing but hat it was like in season 4. I definitely don't think it's fair either that in this season.

Warrs HP, DMG, DPS & mana got higher
    Smurfs HP, ARMOR, DMG, DPS and mana go higher
    Rouges HP, DMG, DPS............. We didn't get more than 15 or so useless points, that isn't even enough to get another skill.

HOWEVER

Some rouges also needs to learn to time and save skills, don't spam them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:1256105
    How about instead you spec some more mana. How about some INT passives?

Rogues run out of mana because most rogues have a build that lacks mana. But you can make that build however you want it to be. If you want more mana, then alter your build to make it so.
    I dont want to keep havig to do these "shortcuts" to my build, warriors dont, they can go full str without worrying much

Mana heals should already be here...why do the other classes have it.

And I hate using mana pets

And were the only class that runs for the mana orbs like a monkey...
    Last edited by Bless; 09-07-2013 at 05:10 AM.
    Credits to Iady

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

If you buff the packs, nerf the cooldown time. No class should have the best of both worlds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Rogue - mana problem
    Warrior - dmg
    Sorc - crit
    Last edited by Cero; 09-07-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

In pvp, rogues mana lacks, face it, you cant even do 3 pierce-aim-nox combos without running out of mana, and no mana means rogue will die within 10seconds.

Two ideas:

1. Combat Medic: Each combat medic pack could heal 5% mana. This wouldnt be OP because its only 5% per pack, (15% per use - with extra pack upgrade). It would help and it is used commonly in PvP. Supported by almost every pack user.

2. The Mythic bow proc to be revised. The proc atm isnt very useful (sinister bow proc is way better, the mythi bow stun snare is weak, make it like 80% slowness and ill be impressed) and it has an uber rare chance of proccing. The proc could be changed to "heal 50% of the max mana". The proc like the architect pylon has. Very useful proc.

The rogue class DESERVES a skill that heals mana. Why? Every other class can heal mana (vengeful blood and lifegiver) and I believe, since rogues really lack mana this expansion, these two suggestions would help.

Criticise if you want, devs will most likely implement something if they see the whole communitys input...and no this isnt that long winded post with fancy numbers and a wall of text, but valid suggestion.
    i went farming last night and even in pve this is true. i burned through 4k mana pots and only 1k health...

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia:1256366

Two ideas:

i went farming last night and even in pve this is true. i burned through 4k mana pots and only 1k health...

Burn tons of pots - rogue
    Dies instantly - less pots - sorc

lol
    Last edited by Cero; 09-07-2013 at 08:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    Burn tons of pots - rogue
    Dies instantly - burns less pots - sorc

lol
    lol so true

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

One would think that with the DMG nerfing this that Rogues have handled this season, there would have been a giveback of some form. Surprisingly, I only saw a few threads that complained about this nerf, so it was taken rather gracefully.

The problem with the nerfing is that it takes more mana to kill things, both PvP and PvE. As if Rogues weren't mana starved enough in previous seasons, it just seems that I am burning pots at a more alarming rate in PvE and in PvP, it seems I am always looking for a mana heal.

Unfortunately, I am resisting any changes to my attack-style because if your party cannot count on the Rogues to be the high damage dealers, then runs slow down and are not as efficient for those buying or on elixirs. Maybe, if we could get a tiny bit of mana per DEX point, that would help offset the loss in DMG so it doesn't feel like I am blowing through so much mana to kill things.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    If you buff the packs Not even a buff, all the other classes have it, we deserve it... Im baffled how it wasnt implimented in season 2, nerf the cooldown time. No class should have the best of both worlds Mages do with their mana and HP heals :P
    Before the damage nerf, we would be killed before we ran out of mana or we would use way less mana because of skill mana cost. But after the damage nerf, we need more shots to kill enemies and the mana was buffed only +100 since last season.

My pack heal idea is in no way OP because it heals 15% mana in one charged use - thats just 2 aimed shots lmao...

CD wouldnt be a problem because the warriors mana source (vengeful blood) is 25secs and it could potentially heal 100% of the mana (as opposed to 15% in my suggestion) in 4shots by a rogue/mage. The mages mana heal cd is also 15secs.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I especially notice the DMG nerf/mana cost against the bigger, heavily armored guys in Undim Fields.

The guys in the normal map are essentially the same as Elite Jarl, which is crazy as it takes four skill rotations to kill them, so I am spamming mana pots now more that I ever have, with the possible exception of Elite Kraken and Elite Nordr maps from last season.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Before the damage nerf, we would be killed before we ran out of mana or we would use way less mana because of skill mana cost. But after the damage nerf, we need more shots to kill enemies and the mana was buffed only +100 since last season.

My pack heal idea is in no way OP because it heals 15% mana in one charged use - thats just 2 aimed shots lmao...

CD wouldnt be a problem because the warriors mana source (vengeful blood) is 25secs and it could potentially heal 100% of the mana (as opposed to 15% in my suggestion) in 4shots by a rogue/mage. The mages mana heal cd is also 15secs.
    Waaaaait a second...have you played a mage? In no way does their mana healing affect themselves (well, maybe a meager 10%). In that respect, a mage mana healing affects the entire party except the mage himself!

Before you argue that mages cant run out of mana fast enough, well, there's plenty of times ive had to pot in elites and, well maybe not so arguable in PvP, in PvP, wait for regen or rarely run to the pack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Yeah umm.. NO. -1 for this from me. Sorry if I sound mean but this has no point. You can already one shot in pvp so not much of a need for more mana. And from earlier posts, no way should a class be the best in both pve and pvp. This is just not a good suggestion. And btw, mages lifegiver doesnt really give a good amount of mana to mages themselves.
    Rogue: Angelicdove
    Mage: Intfire
    Warrior: Speedoftank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Woaaah 1 combo = 50% mana gone.

Sucks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck:1257162

Waaaaait a second...have you played a mage? In no way does their mana healing affect themselves (well, maybe a meager 10%). In that respect, a mage mana healing affects the entire party except the mage himself!

Before you argue that mages cant run out of mana fast enough, well, there's plenty of times ive had to pot in elites and, well maybe not so arguable in PvP, in PvP, wait for regen or rarely run to the pack.
    Mages will ALWAYS die before they run out of 5k mana. And yeh i have a L16 mage, im familiar with the skills...heals about 20% mana.

But you realise that heal heals like 1.2k mana while a rogue has 1.4k mana pool, this would fill their mana bar but since a mage has 5k mana, their mana % is healed less - still 1.2k heals.

And a rogue with malison has a mana regen of 1 or 2, so regening is a waste of time...
    Credits to Iady