Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue mana, PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    I dont want to keep havig to do these "shortcuts" to my build, warriors dont, they can go full str without worrying much

Mana heals should already be here...why do the other classes have it.

And I hate using mana pets

And were the only class that runs for the mana orbs like a monkey...
    Sorcerers have to spec some STR, and even if we go full INT then we must use some STR passives (I use 5/5 STR passive). So I don't think it's unreasonable to say that rogues should do the same. Yes, it means giving up something. But it doesn't have to be damage. You can give up some crit passive points and put those into INT instead.

Please do realize that rogues have an advantage that no other class has:

For warriors, their main stat STR counts towards health & damage (2 items)

For sorcerers, their main stat INT counts towards mana & damage (2 items)

For rogues, their main stat DEX counts towards dodge, crit & damage (3 items)

So your main stat boosts your abilities more than other classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cindersx:1257182
    Yeah umm.. NO. -1 for this from me. Sorry if I sound mean but this has no point. You can already one shot in pvp so not much of a need for more mana. And from earlier posts, no way should a class be the best in both pve and pvp. This is just not a good suggestion. And btw, mages lifegiver doesnt really give a good amount of mana to mages themselves.
    1. The rogues dont 1 shot after dmg nerf...get facts right.

2. Rogue isnt the best in pvp nor pve

3. heals about 20% mana for the mage itself

But you realise that heal heals like 1.2k mana while a rogue has 1.4k mana pool, this would fill the rogues mana bar to full but since a mage has 5k mana pool, their mana % is healed less - still 1.2k heals.

4. Ok so, how does this suggestion have no point? Rogues run out of mana in 3 combos and they have no mana replenishing skill unlike the other classes. Should we just nerf all the other classes mana? No just buff the rogues Medics to give 5% mana in each one...

5. Not a good suggetion? Why? No evidence to support..sorry I will try best to get this implemented since rogues have been deprived this season: Dmg nerf, way too much mana cost as opposed to the mana pool increase we have this season (+100), etc etc I could go on but this annoys me even more
    Credits to Iady

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

1. The rogues dont 1 shot after dmg nerf...get facts right.

3. heals about 20% mana for the mage itself

But you realise that heal heals like 1.2k mana while a rogue has 1.4k mana pool, this would fill the rogues mana bar to full but since a mage has 5k mana pool, their mana % is healed less - still 1.2k heals.

4. Ok so, how does this suggestion have no point? Rogues run out of mana in 3 combos and they have no mana replenishing skill unlike the other classes. Should we just nerf all the other classes mana? No just buff the rogues Medics to give 5% mana in each one...

5. Not a good suggetion? Why? No evidence to support..sorry I will try best to get this implemented since rogues have been deprived this season: Dmg nerf, way too much mana cost as opposed to the mana pool increase we have this season (+100), etc etc I could go on but this annoys me even more
    ^^ this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:1257582
    I dont want to keep havig to do these "shortcuts" to my build, warriors dont, they can go full str without worrying much

Mana heals should already be here...why do the other classes have it.

And I hate using mana pets

And were the only class that runs for the mana orbs like a monkey...
    Sorcerers have to spec some STR, and even if we go full INT then we must use some STR passives (I use 5/5 STR passive). So I don't think it's unreasonable to say that rogues should do the same. Yes, it means giving up something. But it doesn't have to be damage. You can give up some crit passive points and put those into INT instead.
    Valid point, easily countered though:A mage needs to max out STR & INT passives whilst a rogue needs to max out 3 INT, DEX & STR...see that huge advantage? We sacrifice 5 more skill points in passives than mages. Dex passive doesnt do much to a mage but for a rogue, int and str passives are a must since we dont have 5k mana or 5k hp.

Please do realize that rogues have an advantage that no other class has:

For warriors, their main stat STR counts towards health & damage (2 items)

For sorcerers, their main stat INT counts towards mana & damage (2 items)

For rogues, their main stat DEX counts towards dodge, crit & damage (3 items)
    Thats incorrect, a rogue doesnt have 3. Since we dont have the best dmg, it doesnt matter anyways if we have dmg too. You can say just 2 attributal advantages of DEX because mages have 30 more dmg than us...And what you didnt point out was that crit and dodge are 100% luck factors, this being said, crit and dodge arent 100% effective as opposed to mana or hp or dmg from mage.

So your main stat boosts your abilities more than other classes. In other words, we only have 2 advantages just like other classes.
    In bold
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Yeah rogue's dmg is a lower than mage but lets see in practice in pve or pvp, rogue's auto attack dmg is equal if not a little bit more than mage's skills dmg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moot:1257658
    Yeah rogue's dmg is a lower than mage but lets see in practice in pve or pvp, rogue's auto attack dmg is equal if not a little bit more than mage's skills dmg.
    Youre serious? Youre comparing auto attacks...

The topic is mana let t stay there.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Just relate it to mana consumption by yourself duh...

Mage have to use more skills than rogue in order to produce the same amount of dmg (although mage's dmg is higher than rogue). Mage also have longer cd. So big mana pool is not that benefitial for mage. My english is not good sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    Just relate it to mana consumption by yourself duh...

Mage have to use more skills than rogue in order to produce the same amount of dmg (although mage's dmg is higher than rogue). Mage also have longer cd. So big mana pool is not that benefitial for mage. My english is not good sorry.
    Theres a reason for all this...to make calsses balanced. If the mage had 2sec CDs then it would be OP..I am not complaining about dmg, rogues need a mana replenishing skill
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Have you had a look at the kills leaderboards for both PvP and PvE?

Whenever we put together a party to run elites, the big concern is always if we have a good rogue. A warrior is nice, but if we don't have one we can manage in some elite dungeons and in arena. A mage is nice to have if you have big mobs, but again not necessary, and in some dungeons like arena completely unnecessary. Rogues are necessary anywhere that you want to kill a boss, and that is everywhere you farm because unless you kill the boss you don't get any loot! They are also the only class that can solo elite dungeons, so they don't even need to find a party to run elites, they can just do it by themselves.

And last time I checked Rogues had 24 or the top 25 spots on the PvP kills leaderboard. So yes they are by far the most dominant in PvP (and the same can be argued for PvE).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Have you had a look at the kills leaderboards for both PvP and PvE?

Whenever we put together a party to run elites, the big concern is always if we have a good rogue. A warrior is nice, but if we don't have one we can manage in some elite dungeons and in arena. A mage is nice to have if you have big mobs, but again not necessary, and in some dungeons like arena completely unnecessary. Rogues are necessary anywhere that you want to kill a boss, and that is everywhere you farm because unless you kill the boss you don't get any loot! They are also the only class that can solo elite dungeons, so they don't even need to find a party to run elites, they can just do it by themselves.

And last time I checked Rogues had 24 or the top 25 spots on the PvP kills leaderboard. So yes they are by far the most dominant in PvP (and the same can be argued for PvE).
    Ha, now you get your facts straight Bird.
    Rogue: Angelicdove
    Mage: Intfire
    Warrior: Speedoftank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Rogue
    +Kills fast
    +Decent armor
    +Good HP pool

-No shielding ability
    -Mana consumption!!!
    -Easily one hit by bosses

Warrior
    +Lots of armor
    +Lots of HP
    +Shielding and healing

-Low DMG
    -Long skill cooldown

Sorcerer
    +Great crowd control
    +Highest DMG in game
    +Shielding and healing

-Low armor
    -Long skill cooldown
    -Low HP pool

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Rogue
    +Kills fast
    +Decent armor
    +Good HP pool

-No shielding ability
    -Mana consumption!!!
    -Easily one hit by bosses

Warrior
    +Lots of armor
    +Lots of HP
    +Shielding and healing

-Low DMG
    -Long skill cooldown

Sorcerer
    +Great crowd control
    +Highest DMG in game
    +Shielding and healing

-Low armor
    -Long skill cooldown
    -Low HP pool
    I'm sorry but the dodge rogues have can save you from boss fights.
    Rogue: Angelicdove
    Mage: Intfire
    Warrior: Speedoftank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

That depends on your spec.

Sure, if you have Razor and Mali, you could get to about 70% Dodge, but in my experience, I rarely dodge anything in PvP or PvE, except from trash mobs.

I don't ever dodge Grimnr attacks....ever.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Your skills have 2 second cooldowns, of course you're going to run out of mana pretty quickly.

The easiest fix, which you would like even less, would be to increase all your cooldowns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Good point, but if you take away the Rogue's ability to kill quickly, then what good would this class serve? They can't tank, no crowd control, limited party heal capability and basically no support at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Stop complaining and just make it so you can pvp without worrying about it, its stated in all the posts here. Warriors have HP but long cd on skills and low dmg. Smurfs are well balanced but squishy, rogues are Op with low cd. Of course you kill mana fast, stop complaining, would you rather wait 4 seconds for a aimed shot?

1 aimed shot can do 1.7-3k crits every 2 seconds, stop complaining about mana and dmg, rogues are OP enough, go play on a smurf or a warrior and fight a maxed rogue that will never run out of mana and tell me how far you get with that.
    DL: Theholyangel: 36 Vampire.
    AL: Mewfs/Theanarchy: 41 Warrior.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theholyangel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

This is a critical issue that we rogue are facing this season.before all the flaming starts etc do understand whr such request came from.a tank n mg nw are coming dmg dealers too n making kills at will.like in pvp ganging is everywhere its like this dmg abilitu just being passed down from the sky and everyone going insane with their murderous thirst.not saying atg whthtr this changes r smart enough to contain the competitive gameplay but its like handing over the murdering weapon to the public not the enforcer (in this case rogue which class is meant to kill).still the request above is notjing op but to bring back balance tho it may not be enough to restore order.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

I simply ask sts also bfore any nerfing buffing to please people at the worlds end let the changes be equal or at least not taking away the core essence of each class to mantain the game format as how it meant to be.coz if such things kept changing without a thorough consideration on all aspects it will soon become just a smashing bashing game that will have a definite end.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I like the idea of this thread... but i think the most appropriate fix on mana for rogue should be "reducing of MANA cost for EACH skill for ROGUES" probobly 20%-30% mana reduction of each mana cost on skill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

why not use haze or talon that can satisfy the mana thirst?
    ---it gives low dmg, hp, dex, int, dodge and other.

Ok, but with.mana pet it does solves youre mana problem. The solution is so simple give up on malison and just use it for pve.
    Also try to watch iluvataris pvp gameplay. He uses mali and switch for mana pet if he needs mana. Smart guy!

And if devs grant your suggestion, other classes will still disagree because we know that a rogue with mana can kill and will deliver the finishing blow.

If rogues still think that this brings a "balance" you guys are wrong. Look around,
    Granting a mana replinish percentage would just allow rogue class to dominate, thats not balanced!
    lets see.

just above mage HP
    high crits
    2nd highest damaging class
    just below warriors armor
    highest dodge for all class
    just above warriors MP
    ----mana regen ability(?)
    O.o who needs sorc or tanks.