Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: bombers still op, avengers still weak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Default bombers still op, avengers still weak

So my base is completely maxed out, nothing to upgrade. ..60lvl 5 bombers with l5 maxed heals will 100% anybody. ..I got 100%, devin (maxed base) 100% by it, pest 100% by it etc. ..all you do is place t hem on three sides and send in muktipke waves. .. heal first groups , they target copper right away and its over. ..devs please test this no way bombers which aren't best troop in game should ! 100% a maxed out base. ..also avengers which should be better and cause more damage than bombers suck I'm compArison. ..an all avenger team has little success compared to all bomber team. ..bombers damage needs serious nerf, and avengers beed to take up less space. .. currently they are terrible. ..

Suggestions:
    Buff up dragons...up gold and silver dragon radius
    More skyblast sheep could potentially fix issue without changing anything. .. maybe 8 instead of 4.
    Don't let them target coppers first (would make them have to use troops and strategy to take down copper)
    Buff up avengers, it hits as soft as a warrior does on al...
    Lesson the 50k it takes for devs...50k is ridiculous... for one damn troop.
    A bubble shield protecting your city for certain duration, 5-10 second

Also devs, when you are maxed out something has to happen like capping..flag, banner, vanities, something. ..also once maxed What's the point in money? ???? Sheep I get for troops, but gold buys a couple spells and your money just sits there. ..I propose be able to donate resources to guildies just like troops.... , create new spells that cost more....
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I haven't seen bombers go for copper first, only if they are the closest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

agreed, pest attacked my not 100% base with 45 bombers and heal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

agree that maxed avengers should be stronger than maxed bombers.

maybe when they release DH 10 it will solve your problem darkko.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Consider two things... first the boost coppers are given vs avengers and second, the name. Avenge by definition is "inflict harm in return for" - what better way to do so than to be a DEFENSIVE troop? They aren't meant to be used against towers or they'd have a preferred target and damage bonus. They're faster moving, aerial (to avoid attacks from many troops), high hp to withstand the attackers, and decent but not insane damage which, when put through whatever defensive troop buff the defenders get, becomes a really sick defender.
    I don't see a place in attacking armies for avengers, I see them hanging out in tribal halls...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Ya and someone can deploy one brawler by tribal lose than replay lol, if you don't protect your hall. ...regardless bombers are still op, I like their life, but there damage should be reduced, or take up more troop spots like an avenger does
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I think the bombers need to stay OP until smashers are fixed. If bombers get nerfed then we can sit on resources 24/7 without worry. No need for guardians.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csb:1268330
    I think the bombers need to stay OP until smashers are fixed. If bombers get nerfed then we can sit on resources 24/7 without worry. No need for guardians.
    Even if Bombers or more changes are improved to a more balanced way, the current state of the Smashers won't be so detrimental that it prevents PvP raiders from even managing to get a successful raid.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    Even if Bombers or more changes are improved to a more balanced way, the current state of the Smashers won't be so detrimental that it prevents PvP raiders from even managing to get a successful raid.
    I guess you don't PvP much. All I have to do is make an open fort design, and put some wall box islands outside along with some single wall blocks, and that makes smashers useless.

The best anyone can do is put 200 spitters around the fort and try to get a few resources. This usually results in about 35%, but not a win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

CSB, open base design is not perfect. I destroy them on a regular basis. With smashers. You are stating an absolute that is absolutely incorrect. You do not understand how to use them, I do. If I can do it, they are obviously NOT useless. I've taught quite a few others how to use them as well, and it seems to follow this process: 1) player sees it as broken 2) player uses brain to grasp concept of smasher logic 3) player uses this logic to test their base 4) player learns to destroy open base designs. Perhaps you should try to learn instead of demanding that the game be tailored to your desires.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Ask any indonesian players about spirial design, I 100% them all the time. ..u know smashers will go to boxes to blow em up.....I will attack with 20-25 smashers, take out the boxes than hit the walls....use a few crushers to take on firepower of dragons away from smashers.....you can't just spam smashers tgan complain they have a mind of their own...that's like deploying bombers right next to copper.....I sacrafice a few smashers to blow up boxes...simple
    Last edited by Darko; 09-17-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    Ask any indonesian players about spirial design, I 100% them all the time. ..u know smashers will go to boxes to blow em up.....I will attack with 20-25 smashers, take out the boxes than hit the walls....use a few crushers to take on firepower of dragons away from smashers.....you can't just spam smashers tgan complain they have a mind of their own...that's like deploying bombers right next to copper.....I sacrafice a few smashers to blow up boxes...simple
    I'm doing the same. I also noticed sometimes my smashers don't go towards the out boxes of walls or single walls, they go straight into base.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Multi, smashers will break through an open wall to make a shorter path to a box. Watch the bases, some people enclose the center of the spiral. The other way this happens is if the boxes are opposite your spawn point for the smashers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Since I have DH6, the most troops that I have is 165. I don't have enough troop capacity that I can start by spamming 25 smashers. Also, 25 L3 smashers costs me 50k sheep. The average fort I see in PvP is about 20k sheep 20k gold. It is very lucky if I even find someone with 50k sheep and 50k gold. If I drop 50k on smashers even before I start the battle, it is not profitable. I might as well just log in once a day to collect resources and quit using PvP.

I'm sure that at level 9 the cost of the troops is not a factor. But at level 6, the best plan is just to log in once in a while and collect resources.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Garudon View Post
    CSB, open base design is not perfect. I destroy them on a regular basis. With smashers. You are stating an absolute that is absolutely incorrect. You do not understand how to use them, I do. If I can do it, they are obviously NOT useless. I've taught quite a few others how to use them as well, and it seems to follow this process: 1) player sees it as broken 2) player uses brain to grasp concept of smasher logic 3) player uses this logic to test their base 4) player learns to destroy open base designs. Perhaps you should try to learn instead of demanding that the game be tailored to your desires.
    You can't do it with a level 6 DH and make a profit. Try to do it with a cost of 40k sheep or less.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csb:1269345
    Since I have DH6, the most troops that I have is 165. I don't have enough troop capacity that I can start by spamming 25 smashers. Also, 25 L3 smashers costs me 50k sheep. The average fort I see in PvP is about 20k sheep 20k gold. It is very lucky if I even find someone with 50k sheep and 50k gold. If I drop 50k on smashers even before I start the battle, it is not profitable. I might as well just log in once a day to collect resources and quit using PvP.

I'm sure that at level 9 the cost of the troops is not a factor. But at level 6, the best plan is just to log in once in a while and collect resources.
    Lol i dont see why anyone would attack forts with 20k or less, ur not gonna profit as ur dh lvl increases...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Bombers really are insane... I'm only DH6, but I was just 3 starred by 30 bombers (no heals). Two lvl 5 coppers, I don't think they even managed to kill 1 bomber.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    Bombers really are insane... I'm only DH6, but I was just 3 starred by 30 bombers (no heals). Two lvl 5 coppers, I don't think they even managed to kill 1 bomber.
    Ever since I leveled up all my coppers to lvl 5, no one attacks me with bombers anymore. All the people like flawless, pest, etc. stopped attacking me.

But in your case your only lvl 6, you have yet to get stronger dragons.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Multibird For This Useful Post:

csb

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,085 Posts

Yeah, the design team was looking at balance again. I'm not sure what, if anything will come out of it, but I do know they are aware.
    | | | | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Multibird View Post
    Ever since I leveled up all my coppers to lvl 5, no one attacks me with bombers anymore. All the people like flawless, pest, etc. stopped attacking me.

But in your case your only lvl 6, you have yet to get stronger dragons.
    I think its more like they cant find you or youre lucky to not get attacked by them. Darkko has maxed coppers too but still can get destroyed by bombers+heals..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast