Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Server DC Causes Total Eclipse of the Heart

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default Server DC Causes Total Eclipse of the Heart

Okay, so maybe not total, but it was painful. I'd been helping a friend with AO2. A team-member pops up with, "Oooooh! Only X number of points to go!". I check mine and I'm down to 60 until level 48--woot! We finish that level, click into the next, things are ticking along, Lesser Djinn are falling gently like snowflakes and.....boop! "You have been disconnected from the server." Arrrrrgh! I go grumping off to take care of a few things around the house. I just checked--16 points! 16 tiny, insignificant, stinking, lousy points and I would've leveled up. Somebody, anybody, share your pain; misery loves company, you know.

(Yeah, yeah, I know--get off my duff and go get the points. I'm a little busy wallowing in self-pity and it might even be good for a bad poem or two. I'll get to it. )
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 11-02-2010 at 05:53 PM.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Or you could have just logged back into the server and rejoined the game... your spot gets saved for several minutes.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Tried and got "The server is down for routine maintenance..." blah, blah, blah. Besides, I'm having a lovely wallow...at least until after dinner when I'll be able to go get leveled up uninterrupted.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 11-02-2010 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Because I can't spell whilst wallowing
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yesterday afternoon before one of the server downtimes, I was with a group that finished off the Haunted Manor (Halloween) literally 15 seconds before getting booted off.

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,508 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Tried and got "The server is down for routine maintenance..." blah, blah, blah. Besides, I'm having a lovely wallow...at least until after dinner when I'll be able to go get leveled up uninterrupted.
    You should only get that when I do the updates (dates/times are around when I post Patch Notes). Most likely, you lost your Wifi or internet connection temporarily.

-ALS