Thread: Possible change to Gale dash upgrade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Default Possible change to Gale dash upgrade

Dear fellow sorceres, I'd like to discuss the possible upcoming change in gale as stated by Swede:

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    The movement speed increase is part of the same upgrade but will now apply both when you charge and not charge it.

My current plan is to change the Dash to move you forwards instead of backwards. I'm also planning to move it to the Charged version of Gale Force instead.
    My understanding is that gale will always give the speed boost with the option to upgrade to get the dash hability when charging gale.

How do you think this upgrade would work with the AOE upgrade?! Do you think they'd work well together?! I can see this combo working in tombs, not sure how this would work in elite though. Does anyone use AOE gale in elite?

Begin!

The toeless smurf!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

That's really cool. That means we can dash forward and get the speed boost at the same time.
    BTW can you link to the post?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    That's really cool. That means we can dash forward and get the speed boost at the same time.
    BTW can you link to the post?
    It's here. (click)

They should just do away with the AOE upgrade altogether. Does anybody who uses Gale properly actually have a use for that? Or just make it into a larger cone or something instead of point blank AOE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

The only use i find for the gale aoe upgrade is for tombs runs where enemies die quickly and you can't scatter them too much due to the walls. I have never used the aoe upgrade in elite runs and think most people would get angry at you if you tried. Furthermore, I think I would only really ever use the dash to run through enemies in elites and not for actually fighting mobs. Although it is hard to say before we can test it out. Maybe it could be fun to shield, dash into a mob, clock, and then retreat (instead of the standard fire, run in clock, run out routine). We will just have to wait and see....

More importantly for me, if you have both the armor boost and dash upgrades you would not be able to get the armor boost without dashing. Perhaps a trade off I am willing to make. Maybe it makes sense conceptually to get the armor buff when you are dashing through mobs and dashing away from enemies in PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I see the combo as being effective in getting past mob in elite maps.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't use gale force.
    The Forum here is more FUN!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I have been begging for this change for months basically. Lol. Very similar to the "teleport" function I been suggestion, primary reason being FLAGGING, the area where sorcerers are at such an obvious disadvantage. Of course with Swedes experience he was able to refine the idea to a simple mechanical change instead of an entire skill change. Overall I believe this is going to be a great chance and exactly what the sorcs been missing!

In reference to AoE wind- I actually use wind quite often but never the aoe upgrade. Wind is a messy skill and requires some training and experience to master as does time shift. The AoE attribute to me does nothing more than make it harder to control. Without the AoE upgrade it still hits multiple targets but sends them generally into a stunned cluster when the move is performed properly. With the AoE upgrade you are more likely to have a "cluster ____" and a few angry team mates telling you "stupid gale noob" (including me if u on my team) lolz.

Hope that have you a little insight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

So maybe considering the feedback here would it be safe to say the AOE upgarde is kinda useless? For me the only time I use gale with AOE upgrade is for doing timed tomb runs.. where mobs die easily. But maybe that upgrade slot could be replaced with something better?!
    Last edited by katish; 09-11-2013 at 08:45 PM.

The toeless smurf!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

No. The aoe upgrade on wind is great in pvp.
    Just better left out in elites and such due to mob control issues.