Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback Request ::: How to Stop Bael II and Krunch from Ruining end game content

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Arrow Feedback Request ::: How to Stop Bael II and Krunch from Ruining end game content

The purpose of this thread is to provide a sounding board for those of us who believe that Bael II and Krunch's appearance has a chance to ruin the end game content of Arcane Legends.

Please keep the thread constructive, and concise with your thoughts and ideas for how and why Bael II and Krunch have caused your behavior in game to change - specifically related to your acquisition and use of platinum - as well as ideas on how you believe they could be a valuable addition to the game.

While I think having Elite bosses pop up during regular map battles is a really cool idea, I disagree with them having the kind of end game elite loot that they have as well as their positioning in the game.

That being said here are some thoughts I had with regards to how some minor changes to Bael II and Krunch to be considered.

Problem
    I believe that the amount of loot being flooded into the game as a result of Bael and Krunch is causing people to reconsider what they spend their time doing. This poses a multifaceted problem that STS should consider reviewing based on the impacts below.

Impact
    Since players farm / hunt for bael and krunch more frequently than running Elite maps, we spend less Plat on:
    1. revives
    2. luck elixers
    3. enhancement elixers

Since Bael and Krunch drop the best gear in the game, there's no need for me to buy a Shadow Plat bundle since I can
    1. find the best gear in the game super cheap at the CS
    2. farm for bael and krunch with little to no risk other than time invested, my attention doesn't even need to be on the game 100% of the time
    3. I could hunt for Bael or Krunch wearing all blue gear and needn't worry about not being able to kill the 'boss' since I can just invite some friends to kill him for me

Solution
    While I am at a loss for a solution - I have some ideas that might take us in the right direction to begin with.

• Bael & Krunch could randomly spawn when the boss of their respective maps reaches 50% health at the boss' respective spawn point.
    • Bael & Krunch could have their loot tables updated to include either
      a) only level 35 versions of the best gear in the game or
      b) no elite gear from Shuyal
    • Bael & Krunch could have their spawn rates reduced to such a minuscule amount that they would be fought the way STS intended

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alrisaia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I honestly don't even like Bael II and Krunch II. It takes forever to find them, so it's purely luck based. Also, they're dropping all the old elite gear like Demonologist, Ranger, Demonlord etc. Only difference is, that they drop as lvl 35 items. I'm honestly surprised prices of Elite Golden Warchests didn't go down much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

My idea is that a quest will be implemented such as:

"Kill Elite Bael II Three Times"
    "Kill Elite Krunch II Three Times"

Then you can turn in the quest for a random reward from the quest-giver NPC

At least this way the drops won't be flooding auction as much as now...
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia
    Impact
    Since players farm / hunt for bael and krunch more frequently than running Elite maps, we spend less Plat on:
    revives
    luck elixers
    enhancement elixers
    Couldn't have written this better myself. Although we don't have any hard statistics in front of us, I can only imagine that plat sales from these 3 categories aren't as great as they were before people found out they can simply hunt Shuyal loot from Bael/Krunch.

I believe that the amount of loot being flooded into the game as a result of Bael and Krunch is causing people to reconsider what they spend their time doing. This poses a multifaceted problem that STS should consider reviewing based on the impacts below.
    100% on point. I am seeing many guilds that once had a strong passion for the elite campaigns and farming endless hours to acquire their loot succumb to mindlessly running Kraken/Nordr maps for a chance at Bael/Krunch II loot. As I've stated in many threads throughout this forum touching on the topic, their loot tables are far too extensive and not proportionate to the mechanics of the risk versus reward system. The problem is simple, and the proposed fixes can also be simple if we formulate them within reason.

Bael & Krunch could randomly spawn when the boss of their respective maps reaches 50% health at the boss' respective spawn point.
    I can't say I agree with this one. The mechanics involved for spawning Krunch/Bael as they're currently set up are fine, and do not impact the primary issue from my perspective. This should be left alone.

Bael & Krunch could have their loot tables updated to include either
    a) only level 35 versions of the best gear in the game or
    b) no elite gear from Shuyal
    Their loot tables are the problem. Right now any player has the chance to obtain almost every single piece of end-game loot simply by farming Bael/Krunch and never stepping foot into an elite map. How? Bael/Krunch drop L36 Shuyal weapons, L36 Shuyal helm/armor and Elite Golden Warchests (which, technically speaking, could grant them mythic armor, necklace and ring, and quite possibly an arcane weapon). The only loot they can't obtain from these two bosses are mythic helms. Of course, from a different perspective, this method of "farming" wouldn't be considered time well spent unless you absolutely despise running elite maps with groups. It would be very time consuming to obtain all of the aforementioned gear due to the obvious factors that a) their spawn rate is quite low, b) their loot table is so vast that it's nearly impossible to truly "farm" a specific item and c) the warchests have an extremely low drop rate for mythic/arcane items. However, the principle of the matter is that it could be done - especially with Nordr/Shuyal loot.

The solution to the problem is very easy, in my mind. Reduce his loot table to only contain Brackenridge through Kraken Isles campaign loot, which scales up to L35. Why is this a reasonable solution? It offers variety for end-gamers to consider when equipping their toons, but also leaves Nordr and Shuyal loot to be exclusive and valuable. The market is suffering greatly from the overflow of Nordr/Shuyal loot due to recent bugs, Arena drop rates, and now Bael/Krunch's supply. We can not ignore the economy when looking at the overall impact of Bael/Krunch's loot tables. I realize that not everyone can afford the Nordr/Shuyal gear from the CS. So in this regard, my proposed modification still provides the non-hardcore players to obtain decent loot at very little risk - which they can choose to sell or wear. The Nordr campaign has scaled up to L35, just as campaigns in the past have. It now shares the same risk versus reward quality as elite Shuyal, aside from the fact that many players are already familiar with the Nordr maps and strategies. Just like the new Shuyal campaign, the difficulty of obtaining elite loot in Nordr is a difficult measure for most players. Those who are capable and willing to run these maps clearly deserve to reap the elite goods that drop based on fundamental risk versus reward principles. However, currently any other player who does not wish to run these maps has the opportunity to gather up the same loot simply by hunting for Bael/Krunch. This is not fair to those who are venturing into the new content, formulating strategy and spending plat on revives and elixers to acquire their loot. I strongly suggest that both Nordr and Shuyal campaign loot are removed from the loot tables.

To outline my proposal of what I feel Bael/Krunch loot tables should look like:

Tier 1: (Epic) Elite Golden Warchest
    Tier 2: (Legendary) L35 Brackenridge-Kraken campaign loot
    Tier 3: (Legendary) L35/36 unique drops (Wrath of Bael, Troll Necromatic Ring, etc. - forgot the names of other unique stuff only these 2 drop)

*** The tiers represent the rarity within the loot tables, meaning, I have to reroll out of Tier 1 to obtain Tier 2 loot, and so on.

The unique loot that Bael/Krunch drop are the only motivation for someone like me to hunt them, aside from making some gold. I think it's great that a lot of the jewelry these two are dropping are of considerable quality for end-gamers to equip rather than simply seeking out mythic equipment. This is something that STG really needs to expand upon when revamping Bael/Krunch and introducing future rare spawns to the campaigns.

Lastly, while I am certain that there will be a number of comments pertaining to the current issues with elite maps in attempts try to justify why my suggestions are 'not fair to the casual gamer', I can assure you that I have kept the casual players in mind when writing this proposal. The mechanics of elite maps are to be dealt with in other thread, and I do realize that both they and Bael/Krunch are somewhat interrelated and interdependent issues. It's important that as a community, we help STG fix the problems one step at a time and avoid an overwhelming revamp to the everything at once.

-----

I may come back to edit this later.
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-11-2013 at 06:23 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Its fine as is imo. You must consider that thier spawn rate is low as is. At least i think so considering i hunt hours a day and be lucky to find once. Besides there's nothing wrong with loot distribution either. All players arent able to buy plat or lack gear and skill to run elites like you. So they need a way to be happy as well dontcha think?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Veluthe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Right now there are a lot of worthless pinks in the game. Because there is so much architect armor in the game, the shade armor doesn't even sell. Also check out the quills they are so cheap right now. The quills don't drop from Bael or Krunch but you can see what happens when you can farm something in like 3 mins or less. Right now the economy is very bad and I am having to list things 3 or 4 times before it sells. I'd like to see the architect armor/helms & quills reduced. Also the arena drops architect armor/helms too. I was going to create a separate thread for the quills because right now a level 36 quills of brutality which is the best dagger in the game is less then 80k.

Also as a follow up to my original post there is about twice as much architect armor in cs then shade armor. And about the same number of helms of each. So how can the best pink be more common then the second best?
    Last edited by falmear; 09-11-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Veluthe View Post
    Its fine as is imo. You must consider that thier spawn rate is low as is. At least i think so considering i hunt hours a day and be lucky to find once. Besides there's nothing wrong with loot distribution either. All players arent able to buy plat or lack gear and skill to run elites like you. So they need a way to be happy as well dontcha think?
    I respect your answer. However, you're assuming that Alrisaia walked into this game with an advantage over others, and that's why he's so successful and obligated to create this thread. This couldn't be further from the truth. We all start out at L1, with white gear and little or no contacts. The diversity of players ultimately comes from their efforts to progress. You can't deny that everyone has an equal chance to network, form parties, develop strategy, and work hard for their gear. MMORPGs simply wouldn't exist if it were impossible. The point we're trying to make is, AL is becoming an 'effortless' game - primarily because of the enablers within its content. In this case, we strongly feel that Bael/Krunch are additional and economically damaging enablers. This is not to say that we condemn their existence within the game - I would be a hypocrite for saying such a thing after supporting the rare spawn idea in Swede's elite map thread - but rather, we feel they have a few discrepancies that need to be worked out before its too late. Don't take this thread the wrong way. We are not against having different avenues to succeed. However, when it comes to reaping the rewards available for sheer effort, strategy and skill, things are disproportionate when it comes to Bael/Krunch.

Alrisaia's cognoscente motive behind starting this thread is to help improve the overall health and well-being of AL's economy and longevity. Please realize that.
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-11-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Right now there are a lot of worthless pinks in the game. Because there is so much architect armor in the game, the shade armor doesn't even sell. Also check out the quills they are so cheap right now. The quills don't drop from Bael or Krunch but you can see what happens when you can farm something in like 3 mins or less. Right now the economy is very bad and I am having to list things 3 or 4 times before it sells. I'd like to see the architect armor/helms & quills reduced. Also the arena drops architect armor/helms too. I was going to create a separate thread for the quills because right now a level 36 quills of brutality which is the best dagger in the game is less then 80k.

Also as a follow up to my original post there is about twice as much architect armor in cs then shade armor. And about the same number of helms of each. So how can the best pink be more common then the second best?
    unless something has changed bael drops elite architect gear. I'm guessing krunch does as well.

i have personally looted two pieces of architect gear from bael

shade armor is more rare because as far is i know it only drops from puzzle boxes which only drop in elite shuyal...

this causes a major imbalance of best/ second best gear. there is more arch armor than shade in supply because of bael and krunch

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by falmear

unless something has changed bael drops elite architect gear. I'm guessing krunch does as well.

shade armor is more rare because as far is i know it only drops from puzzle boxes which only drop in elite shuyal...

this causes a major imbalance of best/ second best gear. there is more arch armor than shade in supply because of bael and krunch
    Falmear is correct - the arena is the primary distributor of Architect armor and helms right now, with Bael/Krunch being in not too distant 2nd place. I doubt much of any Architect gear comes from Wraith Heart and Inan'hesh. And yea, it doesn't make much sense to have Shade armor come from chests and be so rare. Arena should be dropping Shade gear, Bael/Krunch should drop neither, and only Wraith Heart/Inan'hesh dropping Architect.
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-11-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Here is the solution..... Get rid of them!! hehe....

Originally the idea of having elite bosses spawn on non-elite maps was an idea discussed as an alternative to having elite maps. The idea went like this....

1) get rid of elite maps

2) Have elite bosses spawn INSTEAD OF the regular boss at random times.

3) Elite bosses would spawn on the same map as the regular boss, and in the same spot on the map. It would just be a surpise you would see every once in a while.

4) The elite boss would not drop good loot every time, but would have the same drop table as elite bosses currently do on the elite maps. So elite bael would still drop malison eggs.

5) these bosses would NOT drop items that do not already drop from other bosses in the game.

But since this idea was obviously not pursued, I suggest at a minimum that bael 2 & krunch 2 should NOT drop any item that does not already drop from another boss in the game. That means that if you cannot get a level 35 kraken skewer from the boss in elite skull cove, then you should not be able to get one from bael 2 or krunch 2. The drop table should not scale items that are not scaled that way in other dungeons. That alone should solve most of these issues everyone is complaining about.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I think they can adjust drop rates and drop tables without doing anything drastic. There should be more shade armor & helms dropping then architect. This is not the case. And they should reduce the drops on quills as well. Its too easy to kill Krom.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Here is the solution..... Get rid of them!! hehe....

Originally the idea of having elite bosses spawn on non-elite maps was an idea discussed as an alternative to having elite maps. The idea went like this....

1) get rid of elite maps

2) Have elite bosses spawn INSTEAD OF the regular boss at random times.

3) Elite bosses would spawn on the same map as the regular boss, and in the same spot on the map. It would just be a surpise you would see every once in a while.

4) The elite boss would not drop good loot every time, but would have the same drop table as elite bosses currently do on the elite maps. So elite bael would still drop malison eggs.

5) these bosses would NOT drop items that do not already drop from other bosses in the game.

But since this idea was obviously not pursued, I suggest at a minimum that bael 2 & krunch 2 should NOT drop any item that does not already drop from another boss in the game. That means that if you cannot get a level 35 kraken skewer from the boss in elite skull cove, then you should not be able to get one from bael 2 or krunch 2. The drop table should not scale items that are not scaled that way in other dungeons. That alone should solve most of these issues everyone is complaining about.
    Yeah, I was a bit upset to see the idea get twisted and spit out Bael as the result. If they remove the entire loot table as you're suggesting, then I guess that would boost the market of the L35/36 loot currently in circulation, which would be a good thing. They would have to make it so he commonly drops a chest and very rarely drops a pink then. Or add new loot - Wrath of Bael and the Troll Ring are both good ideas.. we need more of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    I respect your answer. However, you're assuming that Alrisaia walked into this game with an advantage over others, and that's why he's so successful and obligated to create this thread. This couldn't be further from the truth. We all start out at L1, with white gear and little or no contacts. The diversity of players ultimately comes from their efforts to progress. You can't deny that everyone has an equal chance to network, form parties, develop strategy, and work hard for their gear. MMORPGs simply wouldn't exist if it were impossible. The point we're trying to make is, AL is becoming an 'effortless' game - primarily because of the enablers within its content. In this case, we strongly feel that Bael/Krunch are additional and economically damaging enablers. This is not to say that we condemn their existence within the game - I would be a hypocrite for saying such a thing after supporting the rare spawn idea in Swede's elite map thread - but rather, we feel they have a few discrepancies that need to be worked out before its too late. Don't take this thread the wrong way. We are not against having different avenues to succeed. However, when it comes to reaping the rewards available for sheer effort, strategy and skill, things are disproportionate when it comes to Bael/Krunch.

Alrisaia's cognoscente motive behind starting this thread is to help improve the overall health and well-being of AL's economy and longevity. Please realize that.
    Im aware everyone starts out same and i wasnt assuming alrisia started with advantage. I know hes worked hard cus hes my friend and i was in his guild.

Im simply saying i see nothing wrong with way it is. Look at it this perspective:
    Sure the bael/krunch method may not be as challenging as elite, but its a lot more time consuming to find em. You can hunt for hours to no prevail where as most elites take 10-15 min max. Thus i think its fair and balances out.

Bael/krunch are classified as elite too and elite bosses drop good gear right? If they shouldn't drop this gear then maybe shouldn't be classified as elite.

Just my opinion. But i guess y'all know more than i lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post

Ya both drop architect. Ive only gotten one piece so far but was one of least value.

They drop shade too. Got one of it yesterday but again of least value. I started cs price sy like 10k and went down to 1500 after bout 5 re-listings. I eventually gave to random lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Veluthe View Post
    They drop shade too. Got one of it yesterday but again of least value. I started cs price sy like 10k and went down to 1500 after bout 5 re-listings. I eventually gave to random lol.
    this only solidifies my point even more.

also- elite bosses sometimes drop good gear these'elite' bosses ALWAYS drop good loot... so the amount of time put in is about equal... unless you have skilled bael hunters who in a party of four can find him in two hours max.

his spawn rate is from my best estimate is 1 in 100 or so

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Thanks for this post Alr.

Whatever happened to running Elites and grinding hard to reach your target and playing the game the way you started it. For me that is why i love this game so much

Seriously though, i would be a hypocrite if i said i haven't hunted Bael on the odd occasion. I am not at all opposed to these guys being in the game, or for them to be dropping some of the loot tables that are there now. However i do agree it is having a heavy impact on the way this game is played.

My suggestions are:

- Fewer Spawns

Make them harder to find, make it so that a team of four (or even one in a case i know of) cant find him in an hour.

- Adjust their loot tables

Make it so Shuyal gear is not included. Also make it so that they do not drop items that are available from other bosses within AL. For example make it so that you cannot
    get Firesquid Lvl 35 from him

- Add new loot

As Taejo mentioned, include new items (maybe only a few) that are desireable and worth their rarity.

I believe if you do this, there is no need to remove them from the game. They are a great addition and add another aspect and that is always welcome. Also it means that people would start running Elite maps once more. It would help the AL economy to recover from its problems, and would mean that places like Palm Rock that drop the Firesquid would then be 'farmed' again as the gear would be worth our time and effort since Brunch wouldnt be dropping them anymore.

I'm sure there is something i am missing, and a problem i haven't considered, and if i have please correct me. Im never the most clear headed at the best of times.

Again Alr, thanks for the great post

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post

Bael dropped me quills brutality last weekend, and previously was a quills riposte - i cant name anything worse, less than 500 gold.
    Last edited by Haligali; 09-12-2013 at 06:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I do love the idea of a boss who is rarely seen, yet has a 100% drop rate of good items (legendary items or elite gold chest). However, I think they need to adjust the drops a bit so that these really obscure items do not drop. It's nice for a boss like this to have an exclusive drop that only drops from him, like in the case of bael the elite warrior weapon, or these Troll Necro rings. But it seems like half of the loot that comes from these bosses only comes from them. You have basically every item that can be gotten in any previous campaign and it now scales to level 35 and drops from them. I don't like that, it's too much. I suppose it does give a large variety of gear we can choose from, but it also makes it really confusing as it's hard to know what gear is even out there to consider.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I agree with your on the elite gear from Shuyal. Those items should only come from Shuyal.

IMO, the rare bosses should only give gear from the map they are killed in. For example, if you find them in a Nordr map, you can only get nordr gear. If you find them in Kraken, you only get Kraken gear and so on.

The whole point of these random spawning bosses is to compensate for the poor party mechanics as it relates to elite maps. It like trying to go from Atlanta to Miami but going through New Orleans.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post

Whatever happened to running Elites and grinding hard to reach your target and playing the game the way you started it. For me that is why i love this game so much

Seriously though, i would be a hypocrite if i said i haven't hunted Bael on the odd occasion. I am not at all opposed to these guys being in the game, or for them to be dropping some of the loot tables that are there now. However i do agree it is having a heavy impact on the way this game is played.

My suggestions are:

- Fewer Spawns

Make them harder to find, make it so that a team of four (or even one in a case i know of) cant find him in an hour.

Make it so Shuyal gear is not included. Also make it so that they do not drop items that are available from other bosses within AL. For example make it so that you cannot
    get Firesquid Lvl 35 from him

- Add new loot

As Taejo mentioned, include new items (maybe only a few) that are desireable and worth their rarity.

I believe if you do this, there is no need to remove them from the game. They are a great addition and add another aspect and that is always welcome. Also it means that people would start running Elite maps once more. It would help the AL economy to recover from its problems, and would mean that places like Palm Rock that drop the Firesquid would then be 'farmed' again as the gear would be worth our time and effort since Brunch wouldnt be dropping them anymore.

I'm sure there is something i am missing, and a problem i haven't considered, and if i have please correct me. Im never the most clear headed at the best of times.

The three options are good Dev.. pick wisely XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Everyone hunts him. I have a toon specifically specced and geared for it. This mage who runs the maps he spawns in – in about 60 seconds per map. So, a 1 in 100 chance takes 6000 seconds maximum… that’s 1.667 hours per find for an average.
    Seems right considering Nyk finds him about twice a day. – btw I named my George Nyk… hahaha

My suggestions are:

- Fewer Spawns
    Deffo good call, but not the end all be all correction. Still Risk / Reward imbalance. Low Risk High Reward… means everyone does it.
    Time, Pots, and Plat are the risk factors that STS can affect with their changes, thus this helps with 1 of the three risk factors… if we can affect all risk factors AND the reward factor – people will stop ‘farming’ him and he will be ‘discovered accidentally’ which is sort of what I thought the point of these guys was in the first place.

Make it so Shuyal gear is not included. Also make it so that they do not drop items that are available from other bosses within AL. For example make it so that you cannot get Firesquid Lvl 35 from him
    Cannot agree more.
    Although – I’m kinda liking the lv 35 firesquids, just make them lootable from Elite PR AND Bael… not ONLY Bael.
    - Add new loot

I do love the idea of having the Bael axe, Troll ring, etc… In fact I believe they should have more of this gear. I don’t however believe it should be on par with the elite loot that drops from Actual End Game Elite Maps, at best it should be 3rd in line behind the gear from Elite Bosses, Elite Puzzle boxes, then Bael Krunch loot.

Always come back to Risk / Reward when considering loot tables. An average team can farm Bael 1x every hour. A Good team can hit him 1x every 30 minutes if they know how to do it…

/agree I don’t believe that they would need to be removed from the game. I wonder if STS has data on how much loot / how often these guys spawn and what they’re actually pumping into the market and how on or off the mark we are.

No Jon,
    Thank you for your input and backing me up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I do love the idea of a boss who is rarely seen, yet has a 100% drop rate of good items (legendary items or elite gold chest). However, I think they need to adjust the drops a bit so that these really obscure items do not drop. It's nice for a boss like this to have an exclusive drop that only drops from him, like in the case of bael the elite warrior weapon, or these Troll Necro rings. But it seems like half of the loot that comes from these bosses only comes from them. You have basically every item that can be gotten in any previous campaign and it now scales to level 35 and drops from them. I don't like that, it's too much. I suppose it does give a large variety of gear we can choose from, but it also makes it really confusing as it's hard to know what gear is even out there to consider.
    Hey Ener –

Out of ‘Thanks’ but… Thanks for your input about this and yes I believe that looking for gear gets confusing when all this gear is added into the game. Which is why I believe the CS should have different search capabilities – see my thread here, which I believe you have already contributed to, so thanks.

More than half of the loot that comes from them, comes ONLY from them. This is causing people to farm them constantly. Lv 35 firesquids are highly sought after. Lv 36 Ensorcelled Rings of Potency… etc.. etc…
    You can’t farm this stuff ANYWHERE ELSE. And I can attest based on 20k kills worth of Bael hunting that this is one of the most boring farms I’ve ever conducted in any MMO ever. If it’s the plan to replace Elite with him I would definitely find a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Bael dropped me quills brutality last weekend, and previously was a quills riposte - i cant name anything worse, less than 500 gold.
    Yep,
    I got about 2m worth of drops from Bael before the prices crashed. The BEST GEAR IN THE GAME…

Devs if you read anything, read this:

You have made a beautiful game here, that I love to play, I love to look at it, some RL friends have watched me play and while they started a toon a while back they never got into it. Now they’re looking at me run Elite Shuyal and they’re going OMG that looks SOOOO AWESOME!!!

This morning, just to see if I could –I hunted Bael in Harbor and Skull Cove. I did 4 runs. With my eyes closed.
    How can one enjoy the beauty of a game, if they can play it without looking?

<Elite Runners>