Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback Request ::: How to Stop Bael II and Krunch from Ruining end game content

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

We're looking at quite a few changes to Bael II and Krunch II with this upcoming patch. They were never intended to be farmed, but rather something lower level players would get lucky and find and then tell their guild/friends about.

Their loot tables have been changed to have less chance of dropping the very best items out of them. They're still chock-full of only pinks but won't have as big of a chance to drop Architect etc.

In addition, they have now been moved and have a different way of spawning in that won't be so easy to figure out by just running up to the spot where you know they are and see if they're there.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Swede - Best dev ever XD Always announcin good news ! Thats what we wanna to hear XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    We're looking at quite a few changes to Bael II and Krunch II with this upcoming patch. They were never intended to be farmed, but rather something lower level players would get lucky and find and then tell their guild/friends about.

Their loot tables have been changed to have less chance of dropping the very best items out of them. They're still chock-full of only pinks but won't have as big of a chance to drop Architect etc.

In addition, they have now been moved and have a different way of spawning in that won't be so easy to figure out by just running up to the spot where you know they are and see if they're there.
    Swede, I'm all out of thanks.... But I'm not out of love - I love you.
    Last edited by Alrisaia; 09-12-2013 at 11:53 AM.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

The Devs of this game never cease to amaze me. Thank you for listening - I hope the adjustments are accommodating to all of AL's players and the overall reparation of the the game's economy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Thanks Devs! Great result

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Wooo hoooo Thank you Swede !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow, can't wait to see new bael, hope I have the luck.
    PL: arunflit L.52 Enchantress & biofliter L.27 Archer, AL:biofliterme L.51 Sorcerer & biofliter L.26 Warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I like this change.

Now its a matter of time to figure out HOW to spawn him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

this is dumb thread no real PrO farmers farm for bael n krunch , maybe once in a while, but it is just idiotic to spend hours looking for a random spawn for one chance at loot droppin compared to running elites with pro group in 5 minutes. only noobs are chasing krunch and bael or someone who wants that troll ring, I think the way krunch and bael are is great I couldn't have done it better seldoms spawns should equal great loot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by okahef View Post
    this is dumb thread no real PrO farmers farm for bael n krunch , maybe once in a while, but it is just idiotic to spend hours looking for a random spawn for one chance at loot droppin compared to running elites with pro group in 5 minutes. only noobs are chasing krunch and bael or someone who wants that troll ring, I think the way krunch and bael are is great I couldn't have done it better seldoms spawns should equal great loot.
    I love this word "pro" that everyone throws around. Please define what a "pro farmer" is to Alrisaia - because he's obviously a "noob" for posting this thread.

Please leave your non-constructive rants elsewhere.

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #31
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Unfortunately moving them didn't make it in today's patch. Will try to get this to you guys tomorrow. The changes to their loot tables are still in today's patch though.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

HAHA I love this guy. Not only did he show us an excellent example of ruining (a psychological technique used to bring out your own point in someone else’s words by making THEM say EXACTLY what it is you’re saying), but he also managed to indicate a great point of his own.

Okahef,
    Allow me to explain. I’ll try to keep it brief, I know reading a wall of text isn’t fun… first I’ll recap what you said:
    Pros farm for gear in elite, because it takes them only 5 minutes with a pro team and they would be idiots to farm bael or krunch because it’s too time consuming.
    TRUE
    Noobs are the only toons chasing bael and krunch (or someone who wants that troll ring).
    TRUE

What you’re saying – and YOU are saying it, is that noobs farm bael and krunch, and you’re absolutely right, although I would never call someone a noob in the game or any other for that matter and use it in a derogatory manner.

What this thread is about, is that PRO farmers (as you call them) are being undercut with prices because so many NOOB farmers are farming the same gear. Think about it for just a second… Supply : Demand ratio is important for an economy. If there’s too much supply (farmers) and low demand (buyers) your stuff won’t sell no matter how fast you can farm it from whatever MOB you’re getting it from.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

LOL. Here is what I took from this post:

"I am so mad. I use to farm Bael II and Krunch and now I can't because you chagned it on me"

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I dont really agree with this decision as im one who farmed them i admit. But i understand and respect you guys trying to make the game equal for everyone. So thanks .

Now im off to hunt and figure out new spawn/loot changes. I wonder what you mean by saying moved them and new way of spawning. Do they still spawn same maps? Do they spawn where normal boss usually does now? But i guess well have figure that out ourselves lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Never even seen one lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Unfortunately moving them didn't make it in today's patch. Will try to get this to you guys tomorrow. The changes to their loot tables are still in today's patch though.
    Get ready for some big bael/krunch hunts this weekend before they go hiding! haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    LOL. Here is what I took from this post:

"I am so mad. I use to farm Bael II and Krunch and now I can't because you chagned it on me"
    Hahahahahahah

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Swede - You're a rock star! Thanks for listening to the community!

I love the idea that you get unique loot from Bael and Krunch (in the form of Wrath of Bael and Troll Necro Rings). I would like to see more unique loot like this - not just from these two but all of the elite bosses.

There is a reason that only a handful of elite maps are consistently farmed. We are looking for boss specific eggs and/or boss specific elite pinks like Firesquid. Having boss-specific, elite loot ensures that these things retain value, so it would be nice to see more targets to farm.

Also, in my opinion, Bael and Krunch are far too easy to defeat. There is no reason why I should be able to solo them in a minute. Their attacks land for relatively minor damage so that just adds to the low risk factor of taking them on.

I would much rather see something more like Truell, where you need a good team, high damage and lots of patience to kill. Instead of Bael and Krunch, I would prefer a higher spawn rate (maybe 5% chance?) of Truell with specific, top-end loot (like the Troll Necro Rings). Then, it becomes more a matter of do you want to invite friends/guidies and commit to a 15 minute fight burning hundreds of pots at a 10% chance to drop a Troll Ring, 30% chance to drop 50k or 60% chance to drop an elite golden chest. This would make the risk/reward more inline with what I think expectations should be and help prop the market back up for Architect gear.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

23.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #40
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Get ready for some big bael/krunch hunts this weekend before they go hiding! haha
    Sorry. They went into hiding with today's update http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...pdate-(129855)

Good luck hunting this weekend though.