Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback Request ::: How to Stop Bael II and Krunch from Ruining end game content

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Nice chart Alri, but i think you are wrong. Lot of people still farms at harbor, but why? Answer is their unique loot: firesquid rod of assault lvl35 which worth 5m, and other high dps rods, demonlord lvl35, ensorcelled rings, divine assault amulet, these all worth 500k-1m+ i also made lot of money from drops. Architect gear is flooded the market by the arena, same as last season noble gear. (before even these rare bosses was annouced, market was full with cheap noble)

edit:

sry didnt read this: Arena is actually another cause of the bad economy in this game but I’ll make another argument for that soon in another thread. yes, i agree.
    Yes and the value of squids, demonlords, rings is still high coz the drops are rare.

AL IGNs: Venom, Poison, Elite, Kill, Dude, Hawk, Jerk, Legend
    OaC Android AF IGNs: -Venom-, -Carnage-, -Dude-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

If "They were never intended to be farmed" then can you pls move their loot table someone else where we can farm? Because people farmed them for their loots, there is a high need for these items, idk add to the arena loot table, or scale up the old dungeons..
    If they move Bael/Krunch's old loot table over to Arena, then they would need to keep it's difficulty the same and have the drop rates super low. This is to prevent a repeat of the impacts made on the economy. I know arena is already tough; but let's face it - some groups are already farming this place day and night, and it will be ever more sought after if they added more loot! Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to this idea - it's better than Architect helms/armor dropping, which you're supposed to be hunting Wraith Heart and Inan'hesh for! It also makes a bit of sense having older loot (scaled up) dropping from older bosses - so there's a theme there as well. But I cannot stress enough: keep the Arena's difficulty the same and the drop rates very low!

As far as what to do with Bael/Krunch's loot tables: since they're very rare and very hard, keep these guys as a guinea pigs for introducing new loot into the game. Reduce their loot table down to just the special jewelry they dropped (can't think of names, Power Ring or something?), Wrath of Bael, Troll Necromatic ring, and Elite Golden Puzzleboxes. From there, introduce new items and just add them to Bael/Krunch's loot table. They will be very unique, rare, and tough to get items which will keep players busy and interested.
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-16-2013 at 12:23 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Defamed View Post
    Yes and the value of squids, demonlords, rings is still high coz the drops are rare.
    I know what you fear, but i think its the successful model of drop system: you cannot farm a specific item, cause the range of the possible drops so big, this alone will guarantee that the items will hold their value for long time. The another one is the very very rare drops from elite mobs(archon rings)
    Before last update everyone farmed bael/krunch and only a few specific item (eg firesquid assault) dropped.

@Taejo

" it's better than Architect helms/armor dropping, which you're supposed to be hunting Wraith Heart and Inan'hesh for!"

exactly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Nice chart Alri, but i think you are wrong.
    How exactly is that chart wrong?

Lot of people still farms at harbor, but why? Answer is their unique loot: firesquid rod of assault lvl35 which worth 5m
    This is another reason I said that the loot scaling should be changed... As long as this type of loot drops from them they will be farmed. What's different is that fewer people are farming them, thus fewer of the Elite Loot drops are occurring and will hopefully help to normalize the market we're in.
    Heck - maybe people will realize that farming Archon rings is a smarter investment of their time... I know I have.

and other high dps rods, demonlord lvl35, ensorcelled rings, divine assault amulet, these all worth 500k-1m+ i also made lot of money from drops. Architect gear is flooded the market by the arena, same as last season noble gear. (before even these rare bosses was annouced, market was full with cheap noble)
    edit:
    sry didnt read this: Arena is actually another cause of the bad economy in this game but I’ll make another argument for that soon in another thread. yes, i agree.
    Yep - and I think Arena should be changed too. I don't see any reason why people who want to run 'Normal Maps' need the BEST ELITE gear in the game. It just baffles me. I ran almost the entire last season wearing... take a huge guess: Champion's Gear.
    I also wore a blue ring, and a Lv 30 Swirling amulet and used Mountain's Teeth of Tactics up until about mid July.
    Here's the thing for me, and really for anyone:
    Strategy>Skill>Gear
    I don't care who you are, if you're in the best gear it doesn't matter if you use the wrong skillset and the wrong strategies.
    However, Using the RIGHT gear and the RIGHT strategies can always overcome a shortage of good gear.

I had a blast playing this game. Sometimes people have a hard time understanding that you can have fun playing a game even if you don't have the best gear.

Hali you farmed LMM often no? I imagine you did since you had the LB time there last season. Well, I'll admit something about LMM - I didn't know Snaggletooth and Wrathjaw dropped there... funny right. Well, once I found out, my entire guild found out, and we farmed the junk out of that place. Once my guild found out it seemed that more and more people found out about it and come to see... what happened to Snag and Wrath.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Yes, i farmed around ~50 eggs in lmm last season. Egg prices behave differently, more stable than item prices, because once you hatched, cant resell. Snaggletooth was around 80-120k, wrath jaw 100-140k in whole season, price dropped significantly this season since old dungeons doesnt scaled to max lvl, but this affected the other elite egg prices too (malison, kettle).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

One thing that crossed my mind: what if someone hasnt got the bael II and krunch II APs, now its very hard to get them.. :/

The former spawn rate was low enough, ~20k pve kills and i didnt found them this week, only friends invited me.
    Hi Hali, it sucks i agree, but it is still possible. The 'Brunch Hunter' in our guild has found him twice already. I personnally think its now an AP that poses a great challenge and should be embraced.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Yes, i farmed around ~50 eggs in lmm last season. Egg prices behave differently, more stable than item prices, because once you hatched, cant resell. Snaggletooth was around 80-120k, wrath jaw 100-140k in whole season, price dropped significantly this season since old dungeons doesnt scaled to max lvl, but this affected the other elite egg prices too (malison, kettle).
    i still think you're missing the point.

so even though egg prices are inherently more stable (because they're consumable) which really you could say about the lv36 arch weapons too... the process dropped significantly due to over farming?

if that's what you're saying i think you do understand.

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post
    i still think you're missing the point.

so even though egg prices are inherently more stable (because they're consumable) which really you could say about the lv36 arch weapons too... the process dropped significantly due to over farming?

if that's what you're saying i think you do understand.
    The arch weapons can be sold anytime, so even if the drop chance are reduced to 0, they will be on market for a long time.

Btw now the entombed and arch blade prices started to fall, since noone farms bael and back to oltgar and shades.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

To respond to this with a little more clarity:
    Architect Gear is *almost* consumable gear… especially the weapons. What I mean by that is, until next season, chances are people aren’t going to be selling their Architect Blade of Assault. Nor their Architect Pylon of (whatever the best mage one is)… with the exception of people who perhaps end up with an Arcane weapon.

As for the armor – I belive it’s less consumable due to Mythic armor upgrades and players throughout the season will be looking to upgrade their armor…

So – in response, the Architect Gear should behave (economically speaking) very similarly to Eggs in that, when someone (other than a merchant) buys the gear, their intent is to ‘use’ the gear all season, and not resell it.

Also...
    The arch weapons can be sold anytime, so even if the drop chance are reduced to 0, they will be on market for a long time.

Btw now the entombed and arch blade prices started to fall, since noone farms bael and back to oltgar and shades.
    Allow me to elaborate on your position if I can… in an effort to
    a) ensure I understand it properly, and…
    b) to ensure it’s spelled out more clearly and with more detail:

The arch weapons can be sold anytime.
    There are pretty much always buyers for Arch weapons (with the exception of the Quills, and that’s somewhat unrelated to Bael / Krunch because of the buggy fields map).
    Otherwise, you can pretty much always find a buyer for a Pylon or a Blade…
    So – this seems about right to me

Even if the drop chance is reduced to 0…
    If the Bael & Krunch’s drop rate were reduced to 0 with regards to Arc gear (armor and weapons), supply would decrease over the long run and prices would begin to rise. There’s still an issue with the Arena, but we’re working on some suggestions for that aspect of the game also, and hope to have something soon.

Btw now the Entombed and arch blade prices started to fall since no one farms bael and they have returned back to oltgar and shades:
    Probably true: Oltgar is farmed because of the daily quest, the entombed hammer is sort of a ‘side effect’ of people going to their most familiar Nordr map (even though it’s not necessarily the fastest) in order to farm their EGWs.
    Shades is a great place for people to be farming – I’m so happy they’ve returned to Elite maps and the Risk:Reward balance has been returned. This was the entire purpose of our thread and why we wanted to have Bael and Krunch changed.

So – to sum it up, what was possibly a major cause for concern for the AL economy has been addressed by STS / STG to ensure that Elite Maps remain the best place to farm for the best gear (maybe with the exception of the Arena), and in order to obtain the best gear in the game you must experience the highest risks. /applause from me STS.
    Last edited by Alrisaia; 09-17-2013 at 09:36 AM.

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post
    ...There’s still an issue with the Arena, but we’re working on some suggestions for that aspect of the game also, and hope to have something soon.....

...So – to sum it up, what was possibly a major cause for concern for the AL economy has been addressed by STS / STG to ensure that Elite Maps remain the best place to farm for the best gear (maybe with the exception of the Arena), and in order to obtain the best gear in the game you must experience the highest risks. /applause from me STS.
    You all seem to do a very good job ruining the casual aspect of the game. Dont really care for Bael/Krunch as they were all luck for me and not much challenge. I agree that their loot table containing "best" elite gear was too much, so probably just to get rid of that would be enough and keep them as they were.
    So ur "concern" abt arena, well i hope u really come up with something good without ruining other aspect of the game. Arena is hard enough, for players without mythic gear even harder, so its there more abt gear in first place then skills, first u must survive then fight. And abt loot, well i dont know, its like elite, more greens then actually legendaries or elite golden chests.
    It was hard enough last season. And its natural that "best" gear should drop there.

The problem with gear is also that not every pink u get its actually useful. If the was more diverse and every stat was somehow useful, every peace of gear u can use for different situations, so for example STR/INT armor for rogue would had some value bc there will be some demand for it, right now is none. And also everyone is after mythics. Bc thats actually the best gear for this season, as for past seasons too. And it drops from locked crates. Yes from elite golden war and pirate chests too, but most come from crates. So talking abt risk in this case is just lol. And the prices of mythics comes down bc since february i dont really want to imagine how many crates was opened.
    So u cant right now say whats real demand for elite best gear, bc a lot of players already has upgraded mythic armor and dont need other, or who dont is probably saving up for it. So the prices and demand is distorted.

So what i want to say is right now we have elite - hard - mostly hard work lots of poitions, and sadly no reward most of the time. Arena - right now on par with elite, i mean too much hard work and no reward. And Bael/Krunch - on par with elite.
    Gamer play no plat users so luck elixirs or plat revives r no option for them.

The players that own arena also own elite, but where r the majority of the players? U cant judge something is hard or easy only after these players.

Thers no casual aspect of game ppl were striving for since the beginning of the game, elite Jarl is good example. Everyone was farming it bc it was less time consuming and he was droping best gear. Same for Undim fields, but it keeps to be nerfed and nerfed.Ppl r always trying to have something like that no matter what. If they cant find anything like that i dont see a reason for them to play. So elite players can play only with themselves.

So there needs to be balance between elite and casual, and right now u r on the way to destroy it.
    Last edited by Uzii; 09-17-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    U seem to do a very good job ruining the casual aspect of the game. Dont really care for Bael/Krunch as they were all luck for me and not much challenge. I agree that their loot table containing "best" elite gear was too much, so probably just to get rid of that would be enough and keep them as they were.
    So ur "concern" abt arena, well i hope u really come up with something good without ruining other aspect of the game. Arena is hard enough, for players without mythic gear even harder, so its there more abt gear in first place then skills, first u must survive then fight. And abt loot, well i dont know, its like elite, more greens then actually legendaries or elite golden chests.
    It was hard enough last season. And its natural that "best" gear should drop there.

The problem with gear is also that not every pink u get its actually useful. If the was more diverse and every stat was somehow useful, every peace of gear u can use for different situations, so for example STR/INT armor for rogue would had some value bc there will be some demand for it, right now is none. And also everyone is after mythics. Bc thats actually the best gear for this season, as for past seasons too. And it drops from locked crates. Yes from elite golden war and pirate chests too, but most come from crates. So talking abt risk in this case is just lol. And the prices of mythics comes down bc since february i dont really want to imagine how many crates was opened.
    So u cant right now say whats real demand for elite best gear, bc a lot of players already has upgraded mythic armor and dont need other, or who dont is probably saving up for it. So the prices and demand is distorted.

So what i want to say is right now we have elite - hard - mostly hard work lots of poitions, and sadly no reward most of the time. Arena - right now on par with elite, i mean too much hard work and no reward. And Bael/Krunch - on par with elite.
    Gamer play no plat users so luck elixirs or plat revives r no option for them.

The players that own arena also own elite, but where r the majority of the players? U cant judge something is hard or easy only after these players.

Thers no casual aspect of game ppl were striving for since the beginning of the game, elite Jarl is good example. Everyone was farming it bc it was less time consuming and he was droping best gear. Same for Undim fields, but it keeps to be nerfed and nerfed.Ppl r always trying to have something like that no matter what. If they cant find anything like that i dont see a reason for them to play. So elite players can play only with themselves.

So there needs to be balance between elite and casual, and right now u r on the way to destroy it.
    I don't think it's quite fair to blame Alrisaia for the entire game changing. First of all, many of us planted the ideas in his head, supported his post, and plead our suggestions. Second of all, STG isn't going to simply read one thread and decide "Oh, what a great idea that will change the entire game". No, their team assesses and evaluates major changes before making them. Some examples: Hook upgrade, Gale Force changes, Arcane pet upgrades, and so on. Also, have many of you forgotten about Swede's thread on getting rid of elite maps? It was many of the same people who are being blamed for Bael/Krunch's fix who suggested they add rare spawns in order to please the casual gamers in the first place. Unfortunately, Bael/Krunch were not implemented in the correct fashion the first time around, so now it looks like they were 'nerfed' them based on this single thread and that it's all our fault for ruining a 'casual aspect' of the game.

Your suggestions and feedback are most welcome and appreciated by STG just the same as Alrisaia's are. Let's not play the blame game here.
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-17-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    I don't think it's quite fair to blame Alrisaia for the entire game changing. First of all, many of us planted the ideas in his head, supported his post, and plead our suggestions. Second of all, STG isn't going to simply read one thread and decide "Oh, what a great idea that will change the entire game". No, their team assesses and evaluates major changes before making them. Some examples: Hook upgrade, Gale Force changes, Arcane pet upgrades, and so on. Also, have many of you forgotten about Swede's thread on getting rid of elite maps? It was many of the same people who are being blamed for Bael/Krunch's nerf who suggested they add rare spawns in order to please the casual gamers. It's really sad that people don't do their homework before posting these nasty comments. The reason isn't because its a bad idea, they just went about implementing it wrong (Bael/Krunch's issues).

Your suggestions and feedback are most welcome and appreciated by STG just the same as Alrisaia's are. Let's not play the blame game here.
    from whole my post u only took that first sentence? (and i meant all of u not just Alrisaia)

Not playing the blame game here, if u read ull know.

And u just said it, not every idea brought up here on forums is a good idea, it went wrong. And right now im seeing to go wrong with these suggestions also, my opinion.
    And pls dont twist my words, thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii
    U seem to do a very good job ruining the casual aspect of the game.

Two sentences, actually. I'm not 'twisting' your words. You quoted Alrisaia and used the word "You" (which you typed: U) throughout your post. That generally means you're referring to a specific person. So if you wanted to generalize and address all of us, you could have said "You and <names>" or "You all are", etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii
    And u just said it, not every idea brought up here on forums is a good idea, it went wrong. And right now im seeing to go wrong with these suggestions also, my opinion.
    Ok, fair enough. Can you please quote anywhere on this forum where we asked STG to 1. Move their locations and/or 2. Make it so you have to clear the entire map + boss to get them to maybe spawn? Our primary requisition was that they reduce the loot table. So again I'll say it: STG is capable of making their own decisions, and they continuously do so. Sure, our suggestions and complaints might urge them to change or fix something; but in the end to say that we are at fault for 'ruining the casual aspect of the game' is absurd. Guess what? If you don't like the changes, start your own thread to have them reversed instead of sitting here blaming us.

So yes, your entire post looks like a blame flame.
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-17-2013 at 01:19 PM.

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #74
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Gonna close this one up now folks, thanks!

*click*
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post: