Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The recent nerf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dohvakiian View Post
    The stronger buffs are needed as you go through higher levels to survive
    That's not actually true. Aside from things like mana shield, you don't need the buffs. I made a bear build with no buffs and managed just fine in BSM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

No it is not the only solution,why listen to the demands of the few"pvper's"
    over the demands of the many,dont get me wrong i pvp endgame as well and know it needed revising but nerfing skills and screwing up pve is not the best solution.
    Play any other mmorpg. It is the only solution. There is literally nothing else they can do. You don't revolve a game around pve content *ever* if there is pvp content directly linked. Otherwise, the pvp content will never be balanced. You create a game where the classes are all balanced in pvp. Then and only then do you begin adapting pve content to the already balanced classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    No it is not the only solution,why listen to the demands of the few"pvper's"
    over the demands of the many,dont get me wrong i pvp endgame as well and know it needed revising but nerfing skills and screwing up pve is not the best solution.
    Play any other mmorpg. It is the only solution. There is literally nothing else they can do. You don't revolve a game around pve content *ever* if there is pvp content directly linked. Otherwise, the pvp content will never be balanced. You create a game where the classes are all balanced in pvp. Then and only then do you begin adapting pve content to the already balanced classes.
    Like you said any "other" ,from what ive heard pvp is a newish concept to spacetime and people survived just fine without it.So wouldnt pve be a bigger priority than pvp.this is fine for the older players becuase they already got that part out of the way(i dont think for just me but out of concern for evryone else)many of the newer players will find it too difficult and quit=less revenue for spacetime.The main gameplay is pve so why wouldnt they ensure its a enjoyable experience for everyone(not just the experienced players)seeing as pvpers are the minority.I do both so dont see me as a only pve player.
    Last edited by Dohvakiian; 09-13-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    The stronger buffs are needed as you go through higher levels to survive
    That's not actually true. Aside from things like mana shield, you don't need the buffs. I made a bear build with no buffs and managed just fine in BSM
    Im not speaking about just bears(all they need is rage and thats it)im talking about the other more vulnerable classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Like you said any "other" ,from what ive heard pvp is a newish concept to spacetime and people survived just fine without it.So wouldnt pve be a bigger priority than pvp.this is fine for the older players becuase they already got that part out of the way(i dont think for just me but out of concern for evryone else)many of the newer players will find it too difficult and quit=less revenue for spacetime.The main gameplay is pve so why wouldnt they ensure its a enjoyable experience for everyone(not just the experienced players)seeing as pvpers are the minority.
    You seem to be trying very hard to have a problem. Micah has plainly explained it perfectly. And by the way, PvP is not a new thing to PL (or STS). It's been out for (nearly) 3 years, while PL has been out (nearly) 4 years. The problem is, not much has been changed since it came out (GCD, how stats are counted, ability level caps increases are the only things to be changed).

The fact is, you can not balance classes based on PvE content. It just doesn't translate well to PvP. If you balance classes in PvP, then you can adjust PvE to the classes (is this sounding familiar? It's the same thing Micah said..). We're still in the middle of the adjustments, so stop complaining. The adjustments aren't done in PvP, so don't expect PvE to be fixed yet.
    Last edited by Zapoke; 09-13-2013 at 06:30 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

First off I apologize and did not read all the post in the thread.

Secondly, u are sadly mistaken if you think skills didn't need to be nerfed. Have you ever actually looked at the details of the skills?

You are telling me you need a skill on your Mage to give you 75% crit! That's absurd. No skills should be that powerful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Like you said any "other" ,from what ive heard pvp is a newish concept to spacetime and people survived just fine without it.So wouldnt pve be a bigger priority than pvp.this is fine for the older players becuase they already got that part out of the way(i dont think for just me but out of concern for evryone else)many of the newer players will find it too difficult and quit=less revenue for spacetime.The main gameplay is pve so why wouldnt they ensure its a enjoyable experience for everyone(not just the experienced players)seeing as pvpers are the minority.I do both so dont see me as a only pve player.
    If you think pve is difficult, you need to play another mmo. Pve is a joke in this game, honestly, as far as difficulty goes. Just because mobs take a lot of dps to go down, doesn't mean it's hard. Also, as I stated before pve should be adjusted, not pvp. If you base a game entirely around pve then the pvp will never be balanced.

As to your point about money- Pvers of any kind enjoy a challenge. Maybe they'll like it. You can't prove to me that the vast majority of players out there right now are upset. In fact, it seems only you are to me. And then there's the point I made above. Pve can be adjusted! Let's not screw pvp over because you are having difficulties in pve.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Perhaps this promotes team-play? Or no?...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    169 Posts

yawn.........

pve is fine...find a good crew to stick with n u wont notice anything...jump in random rooms and its the same as bfore.sux cuz people lvl up so fast and dont take the time to learn their class u can add me billybobjooe and we can get a group together n show the difference,that the nerf didnt do as much as u think

Quick! Staring contest...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

And please remind me how people got the gold in the first place cough* farming cough*

Or you could have a rich friend or you could scam people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    169 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshtheboss View Post
    Or you could have a rich friend or you could scam people.
    true ^^

Quick! Staring contest...

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

I wonder of this shows the struggle I had when I was 73 and I used 61 vampyr gear at BSM..
    I went into a few BSM dungeons today, and went with pugs, and wore vampyr gear.
    I was doing quite well actually, (I do admit I HAD to use my 73 set a bit for the bosses!!) and I could kill mobs just as normal when I perform my normal mob killer combo, except it took longer (vampyr crossbow FTW!!)
    And when I was liquidating all the drops (200 inventory space ) I got lotsa monay!
    And like rob said, play it for fun. I was helping out my friend the other day and I received a charmin bracer with no big luck or elixir.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

I think for elite dragon, where potions don't work for touch screen devices, STG should allow players to use mana potions but not health potions (which is why mages are there).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Perhaps this promotes team-play? Or no?...
    Yes, it does promote having fun.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Roberto077 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    I think for elite dragon, where potions don't work for touch screen devices, STG should allow players to use mana potions but not health potions (which is why mages are there).
    Good thought, but this would allow mages to abuse mana shield pretty easily.
    Blastyou - Bearconator - Cptchicken - Foxgonewild
    Casualpvp - Bgame - Angerissues - Gorgons - Worstbear - Casualsniper - Beginnersluck - Talonbehr