Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-09-12 Content Update (129730)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

"Fixed a bug with the Sorcerer skill 'Arcane Shield' applying invulnerability even if you didn't charge it up."
    Oh comon, did it look like a bug? It was very important part of shield... Why did you do that? Very cruel...
    Your advertisement could be here.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #42
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Ok, so I just tested the sorcerers' skills and I love the crit but...

The forward dash, although cool and probably usefull for PvP, propels you forward way too far. gale, in PvE, is used as a crowd control skill. It's charged for max AoE Dmg and 50% shield.

The problem now is that you can't use Gale as a crowd control skill anymore because if you get within effective distance to use it, it propels you way past any mobs.

The forward dash would be useful if it just moved your toon forward enough to be close to the mobs, so you could use it for example to drop your time afterwards. As it stands now, you sorcerers flings half across the map, generally in a very bad position way too far from any mobs.

Personally, I'd either like the distance shortened or moved the forward dash back to uncharged.
    That upgrade is mainly meant for PvP, where the longer distance is useful. I'd suggest skipping the upgrade if you use charged Gale Force for PvE a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    That upgrade is mainly meant for PvP, where the longer distance is useful. I'd suggest skipping the upgrade if you use charged Gale Force for PvE a lot.
    I'm sorry, but I don't really PvP so can only speak from a PvE perspective.

Gale was one of the best skills for PvE because of its crowd control properties, that included the speed boost. Especially when you invested in a very expensive pet like Samael, that doesn't have a speed boost. Speed meant that you could actually run in the mobs, drop your time and get far away again. It also meant being able to run away from bosses red circles much quicker. I can't do that anymore now, because of a skill that's usable for PvP only?

How about what I suggested in my edit of my previous post? That would still make the forward dash usable for PvP, it would still need to be charged and it wouldn't ruin the skill for PvE.

I hope you take it into consideration.

Edit: pasted my previous edit in this post for reading convenience...

Edit: another solution would be to move both AoE and armor to both uncharged and charged, and then leave the forward dash as it is. Personally I would prefer this option. For PvE you need that 50% extra armor if you're not running with a shield and/or heal build.

As it stands now, you'll often get killed when charging gale to get that 50% extra armor. Sorcerers are squishy (they don't have high armor/health like a warrior, or dodge like a rogue) so moving armor to uncharged and charged would help a lot during elite runs IMO.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

I'm sorry, but I don't really PvP so can only speak from a PvE perspective.

Gale was one of the best skills for PvE because of its crowd control properties, that included the speed boost. Especially when you invested in a very expensive pet like Samael, that doesn't have a speed boost. Speed meant that you could actually run in the mobs, drop your time and get far away again. It also meant being able to run away from bosses red circles much quicker. I can't do that anymore now, because of a skill that's usable for PvP only?

How about what I suggested in my edit of my previous post? That would still make the forward dash usable for PvP, it would still need to be charged and it wouldn't ruin the skill for PvE.

I hope you take it into consideration.

Edit: pasted my previous edit in this post for reading convenience...

Edit: another solution would be to move both AoE and armor to both uncharged and charged, and then leave the forward dash as it is. Personally I would prefer this option. For PvE you need that 50% extra armor if you're not running with a shield and/or heal build.

As it stands now, you'll often get killed when charging gale to get that 50% extra armor. Sorcerers are squishy (they don't have high armor/health like a warrior, or dodge like a rogue) so moving armor to uncharged and charged would help a lot during elite runs IMO.
    I'm inclined to agree with Jay that the forward dash should be a non-charged effect. As it stands, I can't use the AE upgrade, Outward Squall (which requires charging), without dashing forward. For a player who doesn't want to dash forward when using the Gale skill as AE crowd control rather than frontal cone, I may as well not even bother with Outward Squall upgrade. This is unfortunate because it's one of the best PvE upgrades within the Gale tree, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-12-2013 at 02:45 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cookietimee View Post
    A non elite legendary from locks has 20 more dps than hooks still and 6more dmg wuts the point of updating hooks i dont understand lol
    +1 this.

Dimensional Daggers are higher damage AND DPS while Architect Quills' buff is more powerful from a rogue standpoint.

I can understand wanting to prevent lvl26 rogue twinks being too buffed, so perhaps the percentage increase that was suggested before would fix both worlds.

Regardless - they need reworking as legendaries output more damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with Jay that the forward dash should be a non-charged effect. As it stands, I can't use the AE upgrade, Outward Squall (which requires charging), without dashing forward. For a player who doesn't want to dash forward when using the Gale skill as AE crowd control rather than frontal cone, I may as well not even bother with Outward Squall upgrade.
    Problem is that you loose a lot of crowd control without that AoE upgrade, that's why I suggested to move AoE and Armor to uncharged.

Sorcerers already have to charge time, if they want DOT, charge fire, if they want to stun (which is necessary in big elite mobs), and charge ice if they want the AoE DOT component to kick in. How about giving sorcerers 1 skill that doesn't need to be charged to give AoE Dmg, full crowd control and extra armor? Those that PvP can then still use it charged for the forward dash and for PvE we would have a slightly better skill.

Wouldn't that be a fair change?

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

HOORAY REPEC WEEKENDS!!

I do have some thoughts about a few of the things changed.

Quote Originally Posted by H2N View Post
    • Fixed a bug with the Sorcerer skill 'Arcane Shield' applying invulnerability even if you didn't charge it up.
    • The Sorcerer skill 'Gale Force' now only makes you dash when you charge the skill. In addition, you now dash forward instead of backward.
    • Slightly decreased amount of heals in PvP.
    • Slightly increased amount of damage Warriors do in PvP.
    • All Sorcerer abilities have an increased critical damage value. In addition, abilities that add a DoT (Fireball, Curse, etc.) will now have a chance for critical damage for each tick on the DoT itself. This should make it viable to spec your Sorcerer for a high Crit chance. Feedback is as always welcome.
    The sorc shield nerf was needed. My mage twink was stupidly overpowered.

The dash... I don't know. I've never seen the point of this upgrade, forward or backward. IMO, get rid of it entirely and increase the movement speed buff. That way you can choose to move in either direction quickly.

What was the point of decreasing damage if you decrease heals as well? Wasn't the point to make fights last longer?

With their superior ability to outlast most other players, I don't really think warriors needed a buff... but I'm sure warriors will disagree.

I'm really perplexed by the mage crit changes. My pvp twink will be a fair bit stronger yes, so I cant complain that much, but doesn't this invalidate much of the purpose of rogues in pve, the primary single target damage dealer? All the functionality of rogues can now be duplicated by mages. High crit mages will be able to spam lightning crits AND do phenomenal aoe damage.

To balance this, perhaps you should give rogues a little mage functionality. Buff the damage of nox shot and razor shield. Let nox dots crit as well..

That way, with stacking nox shots, rogues will still have the best single target damage, and also be just a little more functional for aoe.

Anyway. Thanks for the update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

eah im really gonna hate my rogue pvp in this season, first you decrease dev bows and bonechill bows now you increase warriors dmg and improve sorcerers? a lvl 16 rogue is super weak now since its heal is decreased too, i really hope next season rogues get the most power

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Problem is that you loose a lot of crowd control without that AoE upgrade, that's why I suggested to move AoE and Armor to uncharged.

Sorcerers already have to charge time, if they want DOT, charge fire, if they want to stun (which is necessary in big elite mobs), and charge ice if they want the AoE DOT component to kick in. How about giving sorcerers 1 skill that doesn't need to be charged to give AoE Dmg, full crowd control and extra armor? Those that PvP can then still use it charged for the forward dash and for PvE we would have a slightly better skill.

Wouldn't that be a fair change?
    I had edited the end of my response while you were typing yours. Yes, I agree with you on most of this. Suggestion:

Outward Squall - uncharged
    Speed of Wind - 25% movement speed both charged and uncharged; dashing forward charged

As far as Protective Current goes, I'm indifferent about it. I'd love to see it be an uncharged skill, but I don't think it directly ties into the main issue here which is the forward dash and AE enhancements.
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-12-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    I had edited the end of my response while you were typing yours. Yes, I agree with you on most of this. Suggestion:

Outward Squall - uncharged
    Speed of Wind - 25% movement speed both charged and uncharged; dashing forward charged

As far as Protective Current goes, I'm indifferent about it. I'd love to see it be an uncharged skill, but I don't think it directly ties into the main issue here which is the forward dash and AE enhancements.
    The 50% armor is crucial for survivability in a pure damage build imo. That's one of the most important skills, for me personally, that keep my deaths so low while farming elites.

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

It is very good in hauntlet also.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Question, why can't 'Dash forward/backward/flip up and do a dance' be an upgraded option, since it seems like half the people REALLY REALLY WANT IT, and half the people REALLY REALLY HATE IT?

Edit, could make AOE or Weighted Wind built in as a default to compensate, and split those two.
    Last edited by FluffNStuff; 09-12-2013 at 03:00 PM.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hooks need a real buff , maybe this *+10 int *+10dex *+10 str on the stats, hooks is still useless all 35 and 36 daggs are still more powerfuller than the hooks

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookietimee For This Useful Post:

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #54
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Question, why can't 'Dash forward/backward/flip up and do a dance' be an upgraded option, since it seems like half the people REALLY REALLY WANT IT, and half the people REALLY REALLY HATE IT?
    It is...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

It is...
    I think he meant on it's own. For example, you could combine Weighted Wind into Outward Squall with the vacant skill slot being the forward dash skill - or Protective Current into what would be the new forward dash skill. Call it Wind Tunnel or something.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #56
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cookietimee View Post
    Hooks need a real buff , maybe this *+10 int *+10dex *+10 str on the stats, hooks is still useless all 35 and 36 daggs are still more powerfuller than the hooks
    Umm no. Comparing them to Dimensional Daggers you lose 5'ish Damage and 10'ish DPS by swapping to the hooks, easily changed by the proc on the Hooks. All other stats are better on the hooks. Comparing them to the Architect Quills, every single stat is better except Damage, so if you're someone that prefers to get most your damage from Abilities, the Quills might be slightly better.

So in summary, the hooks are now an on par option depending on your preferred playstyle, which is right where they should be, 10 levels after they were released.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

It is...
    Except you'd have to sacrifice your speed buff that, as I pointed out in my previous replies, has consequences for survivability in PvE.

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Im happy that gala force doesn't pull you backward anymore. It was really annoying...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I just have a few questions.

For example, why was warrior damage increased while still having the damage reduction nerf present on them? I believe people were saying to boost warrior damage while removing the damage reduction nerf from them.

Secondly, why are sorcerer DOTs given the ability to crit while spells like Nox bolt for rogue is not.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

If we are voting I would like to see forward movement be uncharged.
    As a sorcerer I already spend half the battle charging skills....which means I hardly get to use my weapon lol.

Edit: Why not uncharged = forward movement, charged = 25% speed bump. Then you can choose but you don't get both.
    Last edited by Aerospacegod; 09-12-2013 at 04:06 PM.