Thread: What are your thoughts on the skill changes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default What are your thoughts on the skill changes?

My first thought is everyone will need to put 2 points into gale for the dash ability.

#1 If you die it will help you rejoin the party faster even if you don't use it as your normal 4, you could quickly remap it.
    #2 If you get luck elixir or like to farm your movement speed just went up and can do more maps in the same time.

...and of course more crit for every skill is killer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I'm interested to see if focusing on int+ dex + crit will make a DOT spec viable
    THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Crit damage increase? Excellent! I haven't tested the damage increase thoroughly yet, but it seems like crit may be a viable alternative for those who aren't full mythic/max damage. I'm very curious how this affects our Lightning crits.

Gale? The dash forward thing ruins some current game play mechanics and combos, but brings in some new and interesting ones. I just wish that the armor buff didn't only occur on charged Gale, because extra armor is great, but you don't always want to dash forward (into mobs, into walls, into bosses, etc).

Other than that, sorry Rogues and Warriors. Full damage spec seems more and more enticing with the new Gale. Guild groups, elite farmers and timed run groups are already used to mages without heal, but I predict more and more randoms running around without Lifegiver now.

It's going to be a fun weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Just tried repec with all dex and the stats are pretty nice, 30% dodge lol. Unfortunately since most of the skills are tied to str or int it nerfs them pretty bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Gale doesn't add DOT damage like FB and Curse.. if i am not wrong? Just wonder if i might be ... because the new change DEV says FB / Curse and "etc"..? Etc meaning ICE DOT too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    Gale doesn't add DOT damage like FB and Curse.. if i am not wrong? Just wonder if i might be ... because the new change DEV says FB / Curse and "etc"..? Etc meaning ICE DOT too?
    Yes.

I've tried it, but don't really like it. I get out of range of a Warrior's heal too easily and end up dying :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Gale is useless and waste of points you could put elsewhere imo. Its not worth just for speed boost.

The crit buff is intetesting though. Should help dot damage output. And i already know a handful of mages who disregard heal so i expect to see even more with this crit buff.

I also look forward or bet well be seeing threads like "omg that mage crit me so much in pvp now. Nerf them back" lol.