Thread: Great game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Great game

I just registered because I wanted to say that I really like this game. I've been playing for a few weeks and the fun of small accomplishments like leveling and the joy of a good drop are truly addicting .

I also wanted to bring up a question to get feedback from the PLuminati :

I tend start my own game and stay to areas I can solo as a bear with a lot of potions. I seem to get four kinds of people joining:
    1. Most common: people who pop in, show busy for a second and leave.
    2. Slightly rarer: people who are the right level for the area and fun to play with, even though chatting is usually minimal.
    3. Slightly rarer than that: people who are not strong enough for the area, but usually quite chatty.
    4. Most uncommon: people who are too strong for an area and very vocal about wanting me to boot level players.

So what are the pop-ins looking for? Is there anyway to hand off booting control to other players? I don't really mind leechers. There's no rush to finish any level and (brilliantly) no real penalty for dying or dropping connection when RL demands. But I respect that more experienced players might have a different stance.

I know the psych profile matching will work out through the friending process ( although I don't invite friends as much as I should, I figure if they are online they are probably busy) but some flags on the avatar page to show pace of play preference i.e. "Tank turtle" and n00b or twink friendliness i.e. "If you want to die a lot for the same exp you'd get in dark forest and gear you can't use yet then I don't mind" might go a ways towards ensuring harmonious groups.

The best and worst part of the game are the other people. People who aren't trolls would probably like to play with people who want to play with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

1) usually people who need to get out of town to respec, sell inventory or chat with other ppl because the town is too spammy

2) when u get to higher level... you will NOT want to chat as it gets too busy to even stay alive let alone chat so be thankful for this

3) lvl 45+ people usually dont really talk to them unless they are friends... thats "if" they dont get booted in the first place.. I personally dont boot anyone if they do their share... thats only for AO1 or below... anything higher and I have to boot because they die too much... but i do give a reason when i do.

4) i join lower levels to farm and level up other people but I persaonally dont talk except tell them to stay close to me.
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Welcome to the forums...

-beats royce for once-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Stalks twink, welcome to the community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    Stalks twink, welcome to the community.
    -whispers- Youll never find my secret to HAWT abs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Welcome to the community
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    -whispers- Youll never find my secret to HAWT abs.
    High fiber and being a sit up freak....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    High fiber and being a sit up freak....
    Curses Buttface!... im practicing talkin like a 3 year old, since they have auto cuss banner now.. -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

welome to the fourms what level are you since i coud evel my lower level accounts with you
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm level 42, but I've seen bears seven levels lower with better hps, mps, & dps. I pretty sure I'll still be a n00b at fifty because I don't know the gear and I'm hesitant to try to buy uberness since the game is already a bit easy: it seems that any patient player with $10 to open areas can progress as far as they want since there is no death penalty. If the difficulty spike in ao3 is as advertised, I will of course reconsider. But that will be a fun depth wrinkle to learn if it comes to that and I'll just have to amass gp as well as xp to progress.

I saw reviews of PL that claimed lack of depth as a con. I'm pretty sure they didn't get to the frozen nightmares/skellar crunch areas and see how deep gear selection gets when you can't rely on pinkness or even liquidation price to be your rubric. Having to test and decide on gear with limited information (even the very helpful forum proc summaries don't tell u if a -12 dps is worth a armor break proc on a 1.2 speed weapon,etc) is a great game play point for depth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

try playing ao3. it will be much harder and challenging.
    Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I certainly will, STS has earned another buy-in from me with this cool game. I'm content to wait until I'm the appropriate level though. I want to pull my weight for the party.

Also, it feels like the end of the beginning to me. That makes me want to put it off until the exp stops flowing in ao2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xymorg View Post
    I certainly will, STS has earned another buy-in from me with this cool game. I'm content to wait until I'm the appropriate level though. I want to pull my weight for the party.

Also, it feels like the end of the beginning to me. That makes me want to put it off until the exp stops flowing in ao2.
    I respect you for waiting to be the appropriate level, i have a char every 5 lvl ranges, what level are you now?ill train with u.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

42 and still learning. I usually play between 0200 and 0400 gmt and generally accept all adds. My character name is my forum name, I hope that wasn't a mistake of some kind.

A quick story about this intro thread: For the first time ever, I had a level 1 join in ao1's first area just now. I was suspicious it was one of you forumers who saw my name and was testing the limit of my professed leech tolerance ( a level one in the oasis is clearly not a n00b; real level 1 n00bs are in their little training missions). Turns out it was just some one trying for a perfect no death character, which I don't really understand. But following me wasn't the best plan though, he made it to level three and then Bastet got him...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

42 and still learning. I usually play between 0200 and 0400 gmt and generally accept all adds. My character name is my forum name, I hope that wasn't a mistake of some kind.

A quick story about this intro thread: For the first time ever, I had a level 1 join in ao1's first area just now. I was suspicious it was one of you forumers who saw my name and was testing the limit of my professed leech tolerance ( a level one in the oasis is clearly not a n00b; real level 1 n00bs are in their little training missions). Turns out it was just some one trying for a perfect no death character, which I don't really understand. But following me wasn't the best plan though, he made it to level three and then Bastet got him...
    I get a big mob on me when tht happens, run over to them, rejoin, and they die

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i think im gonna try that... start a lvl 1 character and join AO3 ... see what happends to me... I will name him INCHINGTWINK...

alot of guys knows me and I'll join their game to test... just to see if people actually look at the name and who's joining or just look at the level and boot....

I will report back... as alot of guys on this forum know me... I might just join YOUR GAMES muuhhhhaaaa haaaaaaaa
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

When there was a leechpoint in Zyla Doom's, I created a character and set it there. It got to level 13 or 14 with zero deaths and zero kills. However, I found the whole "experiment" to be exceptionally boring, so I deleted it.

Welcome to the forums, Xymorg. :-)

Like you, I don't take a character above their level. You can still get great xp where ever the threat bubble is red. And the benefit from attacking the lowest-level-red-threat is useable gear. I'll never understand why this isn't obvious. *shrug*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ummm, yeah. You guys were right about ao3. (But of course you knew that.) Up till today, staying in level appropriate areas and spamming pots was generally successful.

Ao3 as a level 48 Ursan with what I thought was okay gear (all ao2 pinks for str) was a blood bath. After five wipes in the first board, I finally booted the sub 40s (once again you all were right) and picked up enough mojo from inviting friends to pass the bros.

The Keeper treated us like Meadowlark Lemon depantsing the Washington Generals. Even people who had apparently done it before were slaughtered time and again. The feeling of drifting down the wall, stunned and harmless to him as a cub, spamming pots and praying for no crits was awesome and a new thing for me in pl. I had to leave before the end, but I totally respect it and look forward to learning how to cope with being way outclassed by the bosses.

My hunch is I'm going to have to learn to love the elixirs in ways I haven't had to until now, but I'm sure there's game play I need to work out, too. The Ao2 lesson was how to time the stunning skills to link long chains of starry headed boss together, I always sort of tried to, but didn't really have to until then. The ao3 bosses don't seem to be stunnable (or recover so fast one tank can't link them.) Or maybe that was just because I was spamming any active skill that popped up like the noob that I am, since it felt like I would be dead any second and didn't want to leave anything in the quiver.

Oh well, die and learn. What fun though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

not to be stalker, or creepy or anything, just curious. Do you live in Montana or somewhere near there? I live in montana (no, there are not Many hicks or red-necks where I am) becuz I'm on gmt aswell
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i cannot even login to the game