Thread: State of: My bear (Endgame)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Default State of: My bear (Endgame)

I kept hearing about "OMG bears op" and didn't believe it. So I looked at endgame a bit today.

Here is my bear!
    Name:  endBear.png
Views: 777
Size:  925.7 KB

My items are:
    Everlasting Legend Wings
    Everlasting Legend Aura
    Everlasting Legend Shield
    L.75 Flying Dragonscale Talon
    Green Ring of the Dragon

After fighting about 20 1v1's, I realized that it probably didn't matter much on what equipment I was wearing past my weapon. After I got the hang of the 9 skill point abilities, I could pretty much kill anyone. I was killing people with crafted sets! That shouldn't be happening! I'm using level 66 items, mostly. Here's what I think needs to be toned down.

First of all:
    Name:  HellScream.png
Views: 413
Size:  811.1 KB

Ouch. I didn't realize that HellScream became so powerful at endgame. -60 hit % really hurts! Not to mention, 12m area. I really don't know what to do to make his debuff not so powerful. I mean, looking at dex characters, I'd say that this probably isn't even high enough of a debuff to matter! However, everyone else has mortal hit %, and this really hurts. Especially on Strength users. The -damage, I love. I love me them damage reducers, especially given the base damage of most items after Sewers.

The second thing I want to talk about is bear dodge. Bears seem to be the only class left in game that has a 40 dodge buff. That really puts bear dodge over the top still! I mean, with my set it's only 72% dodge, but with those Savage bears.. It's probably closer to 80, right? Did bear Evade get nerfed last patch? I don't remember.

The last thing I want to talk about is Rage. It's worth mentioning that it's the strongest damage buff in the game by a lot. Let's take a look:
    Rage: + 26 crit, + 90 damage
    Focus: + 26 hit, + 26 crit
    Blessing of Might: +30 crit, +45 damage
    Vital Force: +27 hit, +36 damage (to party), +10 crit
    Rage Tonic: +26 crit, +50 damage
    (If anyone can provide the exact numbers on Vital Force and Rage Tonic, I'll replace what I guessed)
    I don't know about you guys, but I'd take rage over any of the other buffs any day.

I do realize that bears have a stronger buff to make up for them using close ranged weapons usually, but it's much stronger than a bird's (main DD) buff, and it just seems wrong to me.

That's all I've to say, what're your thoughts? o:

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zapoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Rage needs a nerfin' along with strength sets. It gives more than the mage and pally damage buffs COMBINED.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Imagine if you had savage/beastly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Good, informative post. Exactly the kind of stuff the devs are looking for.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Good stuff, Zapoke!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think every toon has its ups n downs, why the sentiments to nerf bear's skills/sets? Been having alot of grief against bears lately? Lol joking, im guessing the bear is not yr main toon, oops i joke again..

The game is alot abt cooperative gameplay as much as individual pvp, kinda tough for the devs to please all users..having said that, imho, if a bear opness really bothers anyone that much, well....make a bear problem solved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

But if they nerf hs they will need to nerf blind shot and mages hit debuff...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
    I think every toon has its ups n downs, why the sentiments to nerf bear's skills/sets? Been having alot of grief against bears lately? Lol joking, im guessing the bear is not yr main toon, oops i joke again..

The game is alot abt cooperative gameplay as much as individual pvp, kinda tough for the devs to please all users..having said that, imho, if a bear opness really bothers anyone that much, well....make a bear problem solved
    I bet a pure bear endgame community would be so fun, lots of diversity and teamwork, right?
    It's not called Ursan Legends, every class should be playing it's part
    while birds had their dodge buff drastically cut from 45% to 28%, bears just lost 8 from 48 down to 40. How is that fair? Both had their critical chances knocked down but bears still have their insane 90 damage buff, they already crit 200+ with a scythe so that adds potentially 180 damage a minimum of 30% increase. It would be a big deal if we were dealing with thousands of points in the health pool. Any non bear class is going to max out around 700 hp with a realistic build meaning 3 skills landing is a 100% chance of death. The hellscream also, not really sure what to do because it is actually very good for PvE maybe change it to 30% hit debuff, 30% crit debuff, 60 damage debuff and instead of a complete stun just a 30% speed debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeniviepl67 View Post
    Birds' yes. I would recommend the 30/30 change (hit and crit debuff) and possibly a very small speed buff for the bird, only if the skill hits the target.
    I don't think the mages' is nearly as drastic and definitely does not have the huge range.
    Last edited by tHelonestud; 09-13-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

And now for the other side of the coin...

Yes, bears get buffs in dodge, crit, and damage, but we need something to make up for a lack in hit percentage. I've said it once and I will continue to say it: Bears are the only class where maximizing their "main" attribute (strength) makes them irrelevant. I believe that when the devs began placing stats into each skill, they took into consideration how each class would benefit based on being "pure." For a bear, we couldn't hit Gurgox with an Elite Boulder 100x it's original size when pure strength. Because we only hit 6/10 swings pure (with a debuff from another class, it goes negative in a nano-second), and all other classes hit 10+/10 swings (birds have 200+ hit with Swift talon set... can we say excessive?), bears need each swing to mean something when we are lucky if one happens to actually land.

Listen, I get it: Bears are suppose to tank and not kill. We capture flags, not hand out triple-kills. We debuff with Hellscream while other classes go in for the kill. I get that. However, if we decrease the damage buff in rage, the dodge/crit/damage in strength gear, and lower the debuff ability in Hellscream, what good will it be to have a bear. I mean, foxes have a skill which grant 70% hit, rhino's a skill which grants 40+ health regen (not base health, health REGEN), birds have a skill to increase their already high hit%, and mages reach almost 65 crit just from their sets.

I am in the middle of an ENORMOUS bear thread where I explain all of this a little better. I just hope bears aren't extinct before I finish with it.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post

Yes, bears get buffs in dodge, crit, and damage, but we need something to make up for a lack in hit percentage. I've said it once and I will continue to say it: Bears are the only class where maximizing their "main" attribute (strength) makes them irrelevant. I believe that when the devs began placing stats into each skill, they took into consideration how each class would benefit based on being "pure." For a bear, we couldn't hit Gurgox with an Elite Boulder 100x it's original size when pure strength. Because we only hit 6/10 swings pure (with a debuff from another class, it goes negative in a nano-second), and all other classes hit 10+/10 swings (birds have 200+ hit with Swift talon set... can we say excessive?), bears need each swing to mean something when we are lucky if one happens to actually land.

Listen, I get it: Bears are suppose to tank and not kill. We capture flags, not hand out triple-kills. We debuff with Hellscream while other classes go in for the kill. I get that. However, if we decrease the damage buff in rage, the dodge/crit/damage in strength gear, and lower the debuff ability in Hellscream, what good will it be to have a bear. I mean, foxes have a skill which grant 70% hit, rhino's a skill which grants 40+ health regen (not base health, health REGEN), birds have a skill to increase their already high hit%, and mages reach almost 65 crit just from their sets.

I am in the middle of an ENORMOUS bear thread where I explain all of this a little better. I just hope bears aren't extinct before I finish with it.
    I mentioned something about birds having hit % on their attack buff in a previous thread. In my opinion, I think birds/foxes shouldn't have hit % buffs simply because if they're pures, they don't need it. If Rage changed from +90 damage, +26 crit to +30 damage, +26 crit, +60 hit, I would be extremely happy. Then they can do their job as pures, and not miss 40% of the time. Not only that, but they also move away from the damage role TONS of people seem to think bears are suppose to fill. I love bears. It was the first class I really got into (level 20 twink bears.. good times ), and I wish it was viable to play pure strength. But.. Let's be honest, bears didn't get nerfed, they stayed the same, while everyone else took a hit to their defense or offense (or both, in the case of birds).

Quote Originally Posted by cheeniviepl67 View Post
    You're right! I did not notice that. Though I agree with Lone. Maybe a lower nerf to mage's due to the lack of range.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zapoke View Post
    I mentioned something about birds having hit % on their attack buff in a previous thread. In my opinion, I think birds/foxes shouldn't have hit % buffs simply because if they're pures, they don't need it. If Rage changed from +90 damage, +26 crit to +30 damage, +26 crit, +60 hit, I would be extremely happy. Then they can do their job as pures, and not miss 40% of the time. Not only that, but they also move away from the damage role TONS of people seem to think bears are suppose to fill. I love bears. It was the first class I really got into (level 20 twink bears.. good times ), and I wish it was viable to play pure strength.
    Or maybe 26 crit, 30 damage and 20 hit %.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    Or maybe 26 crit, 30 damage and 20 hit %.
    Hm, I don't know. If it's only 20% hit, can we really say pure strength is viable? 66 + 20 = 86 right? Then take a blinding shot, and you won't hit anything again.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Hm, I don't know. If it's only 20% hit, can we really say pure strength is viable? 66 + 20 = 86 right? Then take a blinding shot, and you won't hit anything again.
    Precisely. Add a Hellscream in there and we are back to -hit%.

And I would gladly take an option like what you mentioned in Rage as well. I could go into this a lot more, but it would ruin half my thread.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

I really don't think bears need the dodge just think of it in the case of reality. They are tanks. What kind of tank dodges? It's for low weight/high speed characters. Bears should just have more health and armor. Damage is high but not precise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

That's why I added in the damage. Either nerf damage, no damage but a large hit % buff, or a little of both.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    I really don't think bears need the dodge just think of it in the case of reality. They are tanks. What kind of tank dodges? It's for low weight/high speed characters. Bears should just have more health and armor. Damage is high but not precise.
    In Pocket Legends, tanks have to have dodge. It doesn't need to be insane, but it needs to be there. There's only a certain point to where armor can stop damage, and if there's enough monsters hitting you, you'll die even with 1000 armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post

Hi crimson, thanks u, thank u n thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

In Pocket Legends, tanks have to have dodge. It doesn't need to be insane, but it needs to be there. There's only a certain point to where armor can stop damage, and if there's enough monsters hitting you, you'll die even with 1000 armor.
    Agreed bears need to have dodge, who says what kind of tanks dodge? Alas we are the live tanks not the metal ones in the army, although im sure the driver of them metal tanks flinches as well when they see something coming for them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

ATM, exactly when devs looking for feedback on the current changes they have done I would say, obviously, dodge of savage set should be nerfed.

now coming to further changes that pl gonna face, 1) Bird is not tanking class, so nerfing extra dodge is good decision, similarly when it will be time to nerf dmg, definitely bears have to go through significant dmg nerfing in that rage buffs also IMO. cause they doing insane damage literally , being a tanking class they cant have both advantages i.e tanking+high dmg, considering in endgame everyone have good hit%, 60% aoe hit debuff is till ok ok considering this class have to Tank.
    Last edited by Waug; 09-14-2013 at 07:11 AM.