Thread: quick question ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default quick question ^^

Hello ^^

For passives, I already have full dex, intel, and might.
    Does it make a big difference during combat if I also get the dmg and crit passives (even if the max % increase for each is 5%)?? o_o?

Thanks
    Last edited by ~ARI~; 09-15-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Hello.

Ill try to help and hopefully my answers can be simple for your understanding.

At 36 cap and an ideal build for rogue regardless pve or pvp.maxing agi might and knowledge should be primary Passive selections.so you are on the right track.

Definitely adding skill points to passive ability (which is permanent addition to your base stats) will make a difference.its working well except dmg additions from the passive skills as its not in the display window atm.but as others mentioned its nothing to worry about as the impact difference is felt tho you cant verify the numbers due to the missing display.

Assuming u at lvl cap crits and dmg are the 2 highly favourable skills to maxed out.since you have maxed the passive contribution on rogues weakness which are health and mana,these 2 offensive skills should be the consideration to use.with that,the question that matter is how much?
    My answer as much as you can from whatever balance of your skill points.assuming you have maximized your skills offensive with upgrades preference.so the balance goes to these 2 passive.

To tell which is more and whether its effective is still early especially with us having this freerespec weekends its meant for testing and experimenting.
    I may try to give you the explanation but the choosing will be depending on you and your confidence level.also you need to take into consoderation other importabt factors like gears or pets.

Assuming you are running elites and usual farming.this is where maximizing your dmg is the way to go at expense of lesser health and mana.since you can use pots you need less support esp on healing from party.this make u independence and solo runners or fast runners,but it doesnt apply to all maps tho.of course the recent one is impossible for soloing at elite levels.should you finish the cost of time,perhaps even plats should you revive will always be at deficit.your pots usage is higher which is within expectation.hence your build can put aside the needs for survivability or mana and use those points to get skills upgrade.ensure the selected skills entails at dealing grp dmg than purely single target.the effective way to farm pve rogues are by using daggers for mobs for dmg procs and bow for boss sigle dmg attck coupled with specific pet selection of dmg prone.so in a nutshell adding points on dmg n crits n passive helps to maximize your dmg output by adding the effect and success rate from your base dexterity full stats,dmg bonus and gears/pets contirbution.
    Its a good bet for points allocation imo since you cab make use of your environment and party members abilities for survivability.hence you can focus on dealing most dmg.

Assuming you are running with high end pink gears,the best a rogue can buy next to mhytics.if you cant afford you gotta try to earn more gold as gears do have significant impact on your attacking output despite variance in your personal gaming skills.
    This means you are running on dmg prone gears with contribution to int,crits or dodge rewards.so you enjoy the bonus dmg from these gears.

For pvp i cant be certained yet which build is the best.but it doesnt affect much on your passive selection for dmg n crits.it does provide significant impact depending on the upgrades but worth to spend especially for rogues.if you see other threads on pvp approach at 36 cap many has strong confidence to favour dmg over crits as dmg is certain whereas crits is by chance.tho higher chance bt not guaranteed.so if unsure you may distribute it evenly between these 2 like how i do.its working so far but im still exploring for better ways.

Sorry if the above is not simple to your expectatiobs but i hope it can help you.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

You're on the right track for str, dex, int passives as they're viable and logical choices for any rogue. As for damage and crit passives they dont show on stats page but you can notice difference in combat significantly. The 5% adds to your base damage and/or crit values depending on what those base values are.
    I suggest taking a look at this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...r-smoke-bonus) as it gives wonderful in depth look and explanation of your question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thanks for all the replies
    ARIKRAUID -- ROGUE LVL 36
    <<Epitome of Silentkill>>