Thread: Short but sweet Merchanting Guide.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Default Short but sweet Merchanting Guide.

Ever wanted to make millions? But thought you couldn't because you only have 1k?

Well, read on.

First of all, requirements.

105 gold (min) (lowest auc price)
    Patience
    Determination
    Intellegence and
    Common sense.

When you start merching try search through all items you know and get used to which items are fluctuating. Which items are in demand and which items are not in demand.

105 gold- chests, maybe farm a few in brackenridge areas or just buy of players. All you need to do is make a couple of k.

2k- eggs, deary is a good example I brought a few for 1k of people in town and sold 3k making 6k for 3eggs.

30k+ - try search market for nice items for lvl 16 below for instance I look at for

Warrior- mighty vorpal, storm sword, devour maul, dws, mighty berserk/jug

Mage- flamestrike, Oracle, ice ribs, clever demonotoligist (spell wrong)

Rogue- alp, agile heartseeker, ranger leather or hood, devour bonechill bow and depr.

I made from 75k-400k in a day from these because I brought a berserker for 30k (bargain) and sold for 390k in few mins.

900k+- mythic items (pendants are around 800k, rings 1.1m, armor 2.5?, helms 1.5? And weapons 1.5+. These items can sometimes make huge prof.

10m+- filthy rich. Arcane items. .mega profit

50m- gold finger keep going

100m- midas touch do shizzle with your money bro!

The most common skill is common sense, if patch comes out that buffs item buy low sell after patch!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

The Ring is 3m+.
    J/s.

Problem I see is that nobody buys chests :/

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Some do and sorry was doing thos without info. I will change tommorow. Thanks and most people dont sstart with 105 gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Here's a tip:

To be a successful merchant, you have to buy low and sell high. That means you buy when everyone else is selling, and sell when everyone else is buying. Therefore, your suggestion that everyone who wants to be a successful merchant should do what you do is a very bad one for both you and the people you are advising, since your methods will cease to work if enough other players start copying you.

To be a successful merchant you find something that nobody else (or very few others) know about and you exploit that. Once too many people start to know about it, it stops working and you have to move onto something else.

People get angry with me when they ask me what items they should merch and I refuse to tell them. Doing so would be like giving someone your bank card and your PIN when they ask where you get your money from.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Here's a tip:

To be a successful merchant, you have to buy low and sell high. That means you buy when everyone else is selling, and sell when everyone else is buying. Therefore, your suggestion that everyone who wants to be a successful merchant should do what you do is a very bad one for both you and the people you are advising, since your methods will cease to work if enough other players start copying you.

To be a successful merchant you find something that nobody else (or very few others) know about and you exploit that. Once too many people start to know about it, it stops working and you have to move onto something else.

People get angry with me when they ask me what items they should merch and I refuse to tell them. Doing so would be like giving someone your bank card and your PIN when they ask where you get your money from.
    Agree with this, as soon as you tell people what to merch the price drops like a rock *cough* locks *cough* you have to find items that you can work with

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Here's a tip:

nice...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Yep true, but me exclaiming methods is a way to make money.

If I had 50mccraws and they are still 30k ea and I say merching mccraws is good (it is) loads will buy, so high demand. High prices?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Common sense...not so common, eh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cremated View Post
    Yep true, but me exclaiming methods is a way to make money.

If I had 50mccraws and they are still 30k ea and I say merching mccraws is good (it is) loads will buy, so high demand. High prices?
    Possibly because McCraw eggs cannot be farmed. But if you said the same about Malison, then a ton of players may start farming him and it would lead to price dropping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Possibly because McCraw eggs cannot be farmed. But if you said the same about Malison, then a ton of players may start farming him and it would lead to price dropping.
    Like it already has. A guildie of mine was selling one for 90k today. Kettle, Loki, Wrath, Snaggle all dropped like crazy. Even McCraw and Orion and Ethyl have. Same with Arcane eggs. First week of Samael's release, it was about 50m+. Next week, it dropped to half of that (about 25m or so).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Around 16m now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Many of the egg prices dropped because we all leveled up to 36, but those dungeons stayed at 25/30, so it's now much easier to farm them. I can solo Elite Rooks Nest with using a single health potion now, where as before we needed a full party to do it.

As for McCraw, Orion & Ethyl, there are no achievements that require those particular pets, so unless someone finds them very useful for their abilities, they will not have any value. Orion seems somewhat useful to sorcerers, so that's why Orion has retained much of its value. But McCraw & Ethyl not so much.