Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Loot Drop Rates Weekend Feedback thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dexterity View Post
    Havent even seen one green drop since this update...
    Well, alot of trash drop and loot table is indeed messed up. I got a few green drops over the weekend as I was playing > 6 hours per day.

It was good to tune the drop rate actually. However, I dont really want to see this game to be rewarding only for those who are hardcore gamers. I suppose there are other medium to reward those hardcore gamers (Like prize for having 10,000 kills, 20,000 kills etc).

WOW is quite balanced in terms of rewarding items between hardcore and casual gamers. Casual gamer can get epic loot by participating in raid/dungeons (Usually last 1-2 hours). Hardcore gamer can also go raiding and grind reputations. I was a hardcore gamer in WOW before. However, now that I have a full-time job, I can only play casually.

Pocket Legends is a game that attracted me to pay for access to more dungeons and have fun with others. A full run takes less than 30 mins. This way, I could play 2-3 runs of different dungeon types and go to sleep each night. I guess I said too much... LOL...

I hope you got what I meant. There needs to be some ways to reward both casual gamers and those hardcore ones. You do not really have to use loots to differentiate them.

Regards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played hours yesterday and never saw a pink or purple

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous-D View Post
    Ya this is very true trading will be alot more useful now that the godly drop rates are at minimum and it even has me lookin to trade right now and that's what I believe makes a good online rpg, can't wait for the 2 way trading and pvp !! thanks for the posts justg keep up the great work.
    Yes but no one will ever trade. when I find someone that has something I want, they are either too scared to trade or want a few things for one item..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In my opinion, the drop rates for purples & pinks are too low now. I was hunting throughout much of the weekend, and I only ever saw one purple item. Zero pink items. I got a tonne of grey, white, and orange items. I even found a few green items. But that's it.

I agree that the old system -- six pink bone armors in every dungeon! -- was a bit much. That said, I think y'all went too far in the other direction. There must be a middle ground here somewhere....
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, the only thing I don't like is that now, new players are at a great disadvantage (like me). I started playing just after the loot drop change, so I didn't ever get a chance to get any purple or pink gear, whereas slightly older players than me have tons of awesome stuff. So while I'm glad people aren't getting tons of legendaries any more, I think you guys should tweak it so that the percent drop is a little bit easier.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Prior to the patch it was very clear that the drop system was severely too generous, people were walking away from a single farming run with enough pinks to outfit their toon and sell a few. At first this might seem great but after a short period every player will be running around with the best possible gear and nothing to strive for and nothing to trade. Having items that are actually rare is a good idea. When it comes to loot distribution, item harmony and integrity of rare items should always be paramount over farming needs.

Just my 2 cents

SpineHarvestr - 35 Warrior
    FrostyDaBoman - 35 Sniper
    WhiteBunny - 31 Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have also not seen any pinks since the change. I did see a couple of purples. I got 1 staff and saw another one for another team mate. Forgot how many hours, but I've leveled my warrior from 12 to 30 since the change. I now have 40k gold and drink potions like it's free, but no good gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Suggestions

Junk loot should still be common
    Junk loot allows players to sell these items to match the increase cost of potions. Also, I know there are many other players like myself out there, I give the junk loot freely to the new gamers so they can either sell or have a slightly better weapon so the game does seem too difficult for them and they enjoy it and want to continue playing. Also, a problem i see with the current loot drop is that i've completed many 1st levels of maps and only 1 item is dropped among 5 players. This is hardly enough money farmed to cover costs of potions used.

Frequency of drops
    Frequency should be based upon number of players in the party. A player should receive more loot drops if there are fewer players in the party. Example, if there are 2 players, each should receive 50% of the drops. if there are 4 players, each player should receive 25% of the drops. Having that said....

Item Drop per Kill
    Each time an enemy is killed, a loot item should be dropped. If its a weak enemy, junk loot is dropped. Stronger enemies, better loot is dropped. Boss enemies have chance for rare loot drops. If this were the case, the player who kills the enemy gets the loot drop. If a player kills the boss, that player has the chance for rare loot, the others still gain loot from boss, just not a chance for rare item.

Overall, I think the loot drops should become more frequent. This allows us to sell, trade, and possible rare loot. Potions have increased in cost, and for enchantress, there is a higher use of potions due to skills. There just isn't enough loot to sell to cover the cost of the potions. I have soloed a few levels on lost expedition and the number of potions used is very high and i certainly do not gain enough loot and money to replenish potions used. Thus, I no longer solo anymore, I'm forced to play with other players even if i want to choose not to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Loot System Needs Work

All of the changes are in the right direction, however they still need further tweaking and refinement.

Trash mobs
    Trash mobs should traditionally drop more greys and whites than any other non player character in the game. Their best drops are green and orange, with a .5-1% chance of a purple or pink.

Bosses
    Bosses should not drop greys or whites, their loot table should start at green through orange as their common drops. Purple and pink are less common, naturally, but still have their frequency bumped up slightly more than the current values.

Pocket Legends is a Mobile Game
    What attracted me to Pocket Legends in the first place was that I have given up playing WoW and still had an itch I couldn't scratch with other mainstream games. Pocket Legends scratches that itch, and does it in a consumable form that doesn't have me slaving over my computer trying to attain gear. In essence, I already have a day job, and I lost interest in coming home to my second job to group up with guildies and start grinding instances for our gear.

As a mobile game, its inconceivable to expect anyone to put 6+ hours into grinds to get gear. The current status of the loot drops is moving PL in this direction, and its not a good one for many reasons, particularly the "Leveling Experience."

Leveling & the current Drop Rates
    I have progressed through 10 levels on my warrior with the new loot system, and have only had 1 orange item drop in a run. I have had an abundance of greys and whites which I vendor for potion money. This means that during my leveling, I was wearing the same gear at 14 as I was at 24, and as a tank, was severely mismatched for the mobs I was supposed to be tanking. As a result, I died a lot more, and had to start getting used to lag and the potion button. The quality of my gameplay experience dropped as a direct result.

The orange item that did drop wasn't even for me, it was to another teammate, and seeing how it was actually warrior gear, I traded him a purple bow for it that I had gotten last week running king's forest. This is how much of a skew the loot values have undergone, I'm trading level 29 purple gear for level 24 oranges.

Levels 14-24 = wasted
    I've blown 10 levels without reward, and in a game with a level 30 cap, that's 1/3 of the game with only a mountain of "vendor gear" to show for it. I'm taking a break from the game to enjoy the final 6 levels available to me when things are sorted out with the loot drops. I have enjoyed playing this game levels 1-14 and have invested over $15 into it to further support the development of PL, and will continue to invest with the introduction of the next DLC pack.
    Last edited by FeralDruid; 05-03-2010 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

now first of all, thank you devs! u rock and are very very responsive.

That said im not happy with the recent loot table changes. they are in the right direction for sure though! thank you for making bosses drop loot, and thank u for making white more common. i cant believe how long it took me to find frost shield of power before loot table change.

So i played all weekend. i dont even want to say how many hours. attempting to farm loot for friends im getting into the game. I saw 1.... purple...... the whole time. no pinks. Now with such limited ammount of items this is really hard to swallow. I know exactly whats out there, i know what i want, but i cant get it no matter how hard or long i try. i hope it doesnt stay that way.

IF you guys want to continue on the route of very very rare legendary, please please please add a ton more legendary items. Oddly powerful things like bows with tons of int or mana regen, swords with butt tons of dex etc. If you never know what you are gonna get cause legendary are rare but hardly ever drop the same item more than a few times it would be cool. there would be real bragging rights here and high high end trades.

spending hours and hours looking for a conq axe when every bear and their mother already have the same thing just hurts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BestHyun View Post
    has anyone even seen a pink drop since the last update? how do we know that its even possible yet? lol
    Yes, I have seen more pink/purple than i know what to do with. I acquired two legendary items in the run using the method I posted above. Outside of that bug I would say that things are more scarce, but still doable. I like the current drop rates, but if must be changed, shouldn't be upped much more. Legendary should mean legendary. If you can find all the best items possible in one day of playing, what is the point in playing after that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ogediah View Post
    Yes, I have seen more pink/purple than i know what to do with. I acquired two legendary items in the run using the method I posted above. Outside of that bug I would say that things are more scarce, but still doable. I like the current drop rates, but if must be changed, shouldn't be upped much more. Legendary should mean legendary. If you can find all the best items possible in one day of playing, what is the point in playing after that?
    Your method may work for you, but clearly it's not for everyone else.

I went through 10 levels with only 1 orange dropping in a run, and it went to someone else.

Legendary should be legendary, but PL doesn't need to be a 2nd job to get legendary items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The drop rate is horrendous. I have yet to see someone get a Green item now. All I see is white on my screen... Getting 30 White drops is lame. Getting 25 white drops, 2 orange, 1 green, and 1 pink drop would be much nicer.

Pinks don't have to drop all the time. One Pink per level would make sense.. Or per entire campaign run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, new patch is out.

1 run from 2nd map of lost expedition to 2nd to last map. 6 purples, no pinks. A bunch of greens and oranges.

Lil' Bill does not drop anything on the 2nd to last map. I think that was his name. I thought all bosses are suppose to drop something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i played for 4 days, about 6~8 hours a day and haven't seen a single pink or purple drop

i think the boss drops should be fixed. being a boss, it should drop at random a choic of green, purple, or pink everytime
    Character : Aeda / Supladita / Supladito
    Class : Archer / Enchantress / Warrior
    Level : 30 / 30 / Currently level 10
    Looking for an active guild...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

im lvl 30 and as PvP is not out yet (moderately interested in this anyway) i get my kicks out of farming and getting cool pink and purple loot. I do this because I hate trading as the sys is not that advanced anyway so the ppl who know me know I just give stuff out pink or whatever.... it is annoying now when I farm and all i get is crappy loot... zero pinks and next to non purples.....

in my opinion, by doing this, you aggravate the trading dynamics as a whole because players will not want to trade a pink or anything else but for another pink as it is super rare now. Players will be more prone to rip others off as to get the better loot.. I can ask someone to let me see their pink “something” and just run and stash for my other players and u will never see it again right? In an environment on constrained recourses you promote competition and crime. Its ok for the high lvl players but poor low level guys….. I have been just giving stuff to low lvl players and new players as they will never see what a bone armor looks on them…

before u shoot me, its my opinion only…

thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After the patch on Monday, I think the drop rates are pretty good now for LE campaign. A typical run through will net anywhere from 2-6 purples per 4-5 man team. It looks like typically, it'll take 2-3 runs to get 1 pink. With secure trading coming online soon, a player should be able to outfit himself with decent gear by trading items that he can't use.

I'm still getting about 3-4k in gold from selling white/gray/orange gear per run through. IMO it's a tad high. That's enough for 100 health and 100 mana potions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlue View Post
    After the patch on Monday, I think the drop rates are pretty good now for LE campaign. A typical run through will net anywhere from 2-6 purples per 4-5 man team. It looks like typically, it'll take 2-3 runs to get 1 pink. With secure trading coming online soon, a player should be able to outfit himself with decent gear by trading items that he can't use.

I'm still getting about 3-4k in gold from selling white/gray/orange gear per run through. IMO it's a tad high. That's enough for 100 health and 100 mana potions.
    Considering the fact that getting a real healer in your group is about as rare as Pinks are now, I'm glad I can buy 100 pots at a time after vendoring my trash gear.