Thread: Achievement for being a successful merchant....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Achievement for being a successful merchant....

I know I made another thread suggesting various new achievements that could be added to the game. But I wanted to post a separate thread on this specific idea.

The 50m & 100m gold achievements were originally suggested as a reward for merchants who were successful in making a ton of money. However, these achievements have clearly been abused by those borrowing money from friends. In the other thread, Love (who is probably the most successful merchant in AL) made a better suggestion:

Achievements based on how much money you have spent overall in auction house fees.... These achievements could be given when you reach the 1m, 5m, 10m, 50m & 100m levels. STG would have to add a counter to the server which keeps track of these fees spent for each player. Instead of showing this number on your stat page, it could be shown when viewing the auction on the "My Sales" tab at the bottom of the screen. It could be labelled "Total Lifetime Auction House Fees" or something similar.

Unlike the the 50m & 100m achievements, these achievements cannot be borrowed or faked, and will really reward merchants who actually use the auction house to buy & sell items regularly.

Adding these achievements will also encourage players to use the auction house instead of just standing in town spamming that they are selling an item.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post: