Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still Love Yah... Wish you could get me to come back :(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Default Still Love Yah... Wish you could get me to come back :(

http://www.gameloft.com/?request=for...26viewfull%3D1 (go down to post 20)

Miss yah guys. The STS Team, and all the wonderful forumers, and ig players

-Vys

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vystirch For This Useful Post:

Main St. , Rockhorn Summit in Tindirin, Arlor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

VYS!!!!! Come back to AL Pleeeaaaaaaseeeeeeeee,Restrore the Arcane Fellowship!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    http://www.gameloft.com/?request=for...26viewfull%3D1 (go down to post 20)

Miss yah guys. The STS Team, and all the wonderful forumers, and ig players

-Vys
    BTW i respect STS very much and hope to see them become the main mmo company on the mobile market. As there team is far superior to Gameloft. Both games offer superior approaches to different aspects of the game. But i foresee AL as the closest thing on the market to a perfect original MMO. I cant wait to see what they continue to do with it, or with the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by xXTXx View Post
    VYS!!!!! Come back to AL Pleeeaaaaaaseeeeeeeee,Restrore the Arcane Fellowship!
    We will see what happens! I cant promise anything, but im thinking of a return bud.
    btw... im sorry but im not sure what your ig name is...

-Vys

Main St. , Rockhorn Summit in Tindirin, Arlor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

BTW i respect STS very much and hope to see them become the main mmo company on the mobile market. As there team is far superior to Gameloft. Both games offer superior approaches to different aspects of the game. But i foresee AL as the closest thing on the market to a perfect original MMO. I cant wait to see what they continue to do with it, or with the next one!

We will see what happens! I cant promise anything, but im thinking of a return bud.
    btw... im sorry but im not sure what your ig name is...

-Vys
    IGN is Deathblaze,you probably dont know me anymore though lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Hey Vys, I actually took a look at that post you made, and it made me interested to understand the term "Open World?

I was curious so I watched an online review of O&C. I used to play old school RPGs (before internet times) and this sort of reminds me of those in the fact that it seemed that instead of the game being separated into separate zones where you can teleport across the world in an instant, it seemed like you had to actually put in the time to travel across this vastly huge map to go where you needed to.

While I like that idea as it seems more "pure", it also seems like something that most young mobile MMO players would hate as you could not really do much in a short period of time online. The online reviewer mentioned that he had to go buy some "spells" for his mage, so he then spent the next 8 minutes in game walking/running to the town where they sell the spells. Such a trip in AL would have taken about 10 seconds. The map in O&C seemed huge and seemed like you could easily spend an hour or two traveling across the entire map from one end to the other. It also seemed like everyone is online in the same "instance" and there are not duplicate instances of the same place as the map is one huge place.

But how does this get resolved when you want to fight a boss and other players are currently fighting it? Do you join in to the fight with huge numbers of players? I guess I'm a bit confused at the whole "Open World" idea and was hoping you could clarify what the differences are between that sort of system and what we have in AL. I'm sure they both have their advantages.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 09-18-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Hey Vys, I actually took a look at that post you made, and it made me interested to understand the term "Open World?

I was curious so I watched an online review of O&C. I used to play old school RPGs (before internet times) and this sort of reminds me of those in the fact that it seemed that instead of the game being separated into separate zones where you can teleport across the world in an instant, it seemed like you had to actually put in the time to travel across this vastly huge map to go where you needed to.

While I like that idea as it seems more "pure", it also seems like something that most young mobile MMO players would hate as you could not really do much in a short period of time online. The online reviewer mentioned that he had to go buy some "spells" for his mage, so he then spent the next 8 minutes in game walking/running to the town where they sell the spells. Such a trip in AL would have taken about 10 seconds. The map in O&C seemed huge and seemed like you could easily spend an hour or two traveling across the entire map from one end to the other. It also seemed like everyone is online in the same "instance" and there are not duplicate instances of the same place as the map is one huge place.

But how does this get resolved when you want to fight a boss and other players are currently fighting it? Do you join in to the fight with huge numbers of players? I guess I'm a bit confused at the whole "Open World" idea and was hoping you could clarify what the differences are between that sort of system and what we have in AL. I'm sure they both have their advantages.
    Ya it's fairly interesting, instead of 1 server like pl and al, games like rs and OnC, have many. That allows for tons of players to play the same game w/o it being overcrowded.

Bosses and mobs respawn periodically. Most of these games have lots of bosses, and a deep storyline. I believe if you start killing a mob, players can join in. If the health is already depleted by a certain amount, and you join in- the dmg still counts but the kill/and loot doesn't. That takes away the chances of a ks.

Am I missing something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXTXx View Post
    IGN is Deathblaze,you probably dont know me anymore though lol
    Ofc I remember you blaze! It's just that I never saw your forum account connected with it

Yes there is travel time, but the world is populated by mobs and quests all along the way to high level areas. You can just run past and skip all the earlier realms and go to higher levels (not recommended, as you would be one shot ) this sort of "travel time" allows for a few things, adventuring, and mounts. In ALs current layout there rly is no need for mounts, though I'm sure STS could make some sick ( as in awesome) ones for vanity purposes.

While I like that idea as it seems more "pure", it also seems like something that most young mobile MMO players would hate as you could not really do much in a short period of time online. The online reviewer mentioned that he had to go buy some "spells" for his mage, so he then spent the next 8 minutes in game walking/running to the town where they sell the spells. Such a trip in AL would have taken about 10 seconds. It also seemed like everyone is online in the same "instance" and there are not duplicate instances of the same place as the map is one huge place.

You mention downsides to the open world in this paragraph, and yes they are downsides if your cheep. Ig gold can be used to teleport from town to town, the fee for teleportation depends on how far town X is from town Y. It is also gaged by your lvl, higher lvl toons will end up paying 2-3 gold to teleport from X to Y where a low lvl toon would only pay maybe 80copper. 100copper=1silver 100silver=1gold. These large instances that are only at one place in the world, and only appear so often are a problem and a neat concept. They are problematic because they do tend to attract a few more players than just a normal mob would meaning more lag. But that doesn't matter as long as in the end the players win and the boss instance doesn't.

Anyone nearby when the boss dies will get credit for it. Yes you join in. And yes both have there advantages, Open worlds are more prone to lag problems, where ALs system is quite stable. Open worlds offer adventure, mounts, and travel, where AL offers Convenience, and smooth transitions.
    ^^ answers above in bold.

There is much different between the games but they are quite similar at there heart I love them both. I love STS because they actually care about the consumers, where GL's whole crew is Chinese and so stuff doesn't get relayed too well.

-Vys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros View Post
    Ya it's fairly interesting, instead of 1 server like pl and al, games like rs and OnC, have many. That allows for tons of players to play the same game w/o it being overcrowded.

Bosses and mobs respawn periodically. Most of these games have lots of bosses, and a deep storyline. I believe if you start killing a mob, players can join in. If the health is already depleted by a certain amount, and you join in- the dmg still counts but the kill/and loot doesn't. That takes away the chances of a ks.

Am I missing something?
    Nope, spot on. It's why when I heard STS was releasing AL I had my fingers crossed that it would be an "open world".

-Vys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

It's basically an MMORPG like UO, EQ, WoW, etc. on a mobile format. This is definitely not a casual type of game, like PL and AL are. I really hope that company has a plan for dealing with casual gamers' complaints. As we've seen in this game (on the forums), there's an obvious clash between hardcore and casual gamer's opinions and mentalities when it comes to mobile format MMORPGs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    It's basically an MMORPG like UO, EQ, WoW, etc. on a mobile format. This is definitely not a casual type of game, like PL and AL are. I really hope that company has a plan for dealing with casual gamers' complaints. As we've seen in this game (on the forums), there's an obvious clash between hardcore and casual gamer's opinions and mentalities when it comes to mobile format MMORPGs.
    Spot on. I prefer the company of STS and would relish the day a Hard Core Game is released by them!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

What's interesting as that even though PL has the teleport system, you can actually get around without ever using it. All of the towns connect with an occasional dungeon in the middle. In AL you don't really have that continuity. If I am in Kraag there is no way I can walk to Windmore without using the teleport.

I really do like the whole idea of travel. As a merchant, I guess the whole travel time issue becomes rather interesting. For example, maybe you could sell potions in a town that doesn't have a potion shop, and make a profit because players would be willing to pay more so they don't have to travel. It sounds like the game overall would be more realistic, but obviously more time consuming.

The online review I watched did seem like the game was pretty empty though. The reviewer was walking through towns and the countryside, and rarely did he pass another player, and even the town itself was pretty empty. I'm guessing the map is just so vast compared to AL that everyone is just so spread out. I don't know if I like that. AL seems like a much more social game than OnC did from the review I watched. I did like the whole "duel" idea though -- very cool!
    Last edited by Energizeric; 09-18-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

What's interesting as that even though PL has the teleport system, you can actually get around without ever using it. All of the towns connect with an occasional dungeon in the middle. In AL you don't really have that continuity. If I am in Kraag there is no way I can walk to Windmore without using the teleport.

I really do like the whole idea of travel. As a merchant, I guess the whole travel time issue becomes rather interesting. For example, maybe you could sell potions in a town that doesn't have a potion shop, and make a profit because players would be willing to pay more so they don't have to travel. It sounds like the game overall would be more realistic, but obviously more time consuming.

The online review I watched did seem like the game was pretty empty though. The reviewer was walking through towns and the countryside, and rarely did he pass another player, and even the town itself was pretty empty. I'm guessing the map is just so vast compared to AL that everyone is just so spread out. I don't know if I like that. AL seems like a much more social game than OnC did from the review I watched. I did like the whole "duel" idea though -- very cool!
    Your still merching? haha your a good one at that

-Vys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Your still merching? haha your a good one at that

-Vys
    Absolutely!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric
    The online review I watched did seem like the game was pretty empty though. The reviewer was walking through towns and the countryside, and rarely did he pass another player, and even the town itself was pretty empty. I'm guessing the map is just so vast compared to AL that everyone is just so spread out. I don't know if I like that.
    Yep, most open-world MMORPGs are like that. They also have a different spawning mechanism where sometimes you end up competing for or waiting for another player to stop "camping" them. This is also where the rare spawns and world drops concepts originated from. Open world fosters the free-for-all concept rather than private instances where you can farm until your heart's desire.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

There is an old mmo called asheron's call that was a vast open world that also included dungeons. To fast travel there were portals to take you to different locations. The respawn system consisted of items called a life stone which you could attune yourself and respawn upon death. In it's heyday there were thousands of people on at any given time. It also used realistic physics which was pretty advanced back in the early 2000s and created some fun PvP since you could dodge mages spells and archers arrows. Character progression was unmatched in any game because you were not limited by class, only skill credits which you gained by leveling up. It is still online and still being coming out with new content after 13 years or more. There is a vast story line and content so something that big couldn't work on mpbile. It will be interesting to see what blizzard does

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Come back.

-Free

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Vys probably forgot me :'(
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Y O L O View Post
    Come back.

-Free
    You tempt me...

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    Vys probably forgot me :'(
    How in the world would I ever forget the wowdah! Or of noodles!

-Vys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

You tempt me...

How in the world would I ever forget the wowdah! Or of noodles!

-Vys
    ahah yay he didnt forget me
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Miss yah vys!

P.S: remember me?