Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Noticing more scammers this expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Noticing more scammers this expansion

Ive been noticing way more scammer this expansion (especially in pier) they openly scam people and wear there scammed mythics around town. Even I got scammed the first time from 15 years of mmorpgs when my trade lagged and I end up without a mythic helm and 1.7m loss. I'm not ranting or saying it wasnt my fault just warning you all to BE CAREFUL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Where do scammers go when they die? They don't go to heaven where the angels fly. They go to the lake of fire and fry.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its funny how much work they put down into their scam attempt.
    Especially those who gets mad when you tell them "not intressted".

A guy that tried to scam me went so far that he want to show hes trustable. He gave me a arlor cap ...

*facepalm*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

More scammers everyday. seems sts doesn't punish them enough they all stay around and scam more people. Making more players quit the game everyday. Something as simple as adding a comma "," for the gold can prevent so much harm, yet they don't do it and whoever get scammed get away with it. Because the scammed guy cannot provide a proof. Not cool if you ask me.

In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ujiolo:1271152
    More scammers everyday. seems sts doesn't punish them enough they all stay around and scam more people. Making more players quit the game everyday. Something as simple as adding a comma "," for the gold can prevent so much harm, yet they don't do it and whoever get scammed get away with it. Because the scammed guy cannot provide a proof. Not cool if you ask me.
    Agreed, if sts want to get rid of the scammer they have to do something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

for the nth time scammers roam freely, and noone is doing anything about it.. More power to scammers! lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

I dont understand y dont sts takes action on these scammers
    u know we feel like leaving the game and sts doesnt even bother abt those scammers and they roam freely scamming others,enjoying
    I get irritated when I see them I jus bang my phone simly the sts support doesnt work on scammers I've never ever seen one scammers account banned
    U guys wont know the feel abt losing gold we are the who farm that hard gold and non platinum users like me farming from months and loosing the gold in a sec we jus QUIT QUIT

this need to be changed this method needs to be changed something like we will post the pics so that u get proof and ban them thats it!!!
    no mailing to support nothing jus posting pics and ban them we feel much more happier and happier
    we need this method of mailing to support and waiting for their replies in the mean time the scammer scams another 10 people and roams happily this method need a change
    pls pls pls
    we are the ones who cry u guys dont know these all so sad abt these scammers

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ujiolo View Post
    Totally agreed, so many scammers roaming around AL nowadays. And cant see any actions yet. :/

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

What do you expect. Players yell at the top of the lungs about to 'warn' about these scams on the forums, and since these scammers don't get banned, the 'warning' is just giving other players the idea and encouraging other players to do it themselves. Also, consider when a person gets scammed and the person that scams them gets off with no consequences. What happens a lot is a new scammer is born, since the person who was scammed starts trying it on other people to 'get back what they lost'.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Honestly its impossible to get scammed if you double check your trades and count your 0s. This isn't diablo where people could kill you and steal your equip. I don't even think sts considers trades where people didn't double check as scams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Honestly its impossible to get scammed if you double check your trades and count your 0s. This isn't diablo where people could kill you and steal your equip. I don't even think sts considers trades where people didn't double check as scams.
    Well, unfortunately, it is a scam. And a flaw in the trade system that could easily be solved. But, as we see with a number of other things, its just not that important.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    This folks. Unfortunately, some people will always try to scam. We give you the tools necessary to avoid it (double-confirmation). We've heard the commas comment and put it in the backlog to be considered for a future update.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    This folks. Unfortunately, some people will always try to scam. We give you the tools necessary to avoid it (double-confirmation). We've heard the commas comment and put it in the backlog to be considered for a future update.
    The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to JustG For This Useful Post:
    JaytB, Aedenos, Ainea, Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo, Alrisaia, Amythys, Azepeiete, Cero, Chaim Nail, Chauakai, DocDoBig, Drearivev, Dreuefesie, Energizeric, Giuewek, iluvataris, Killingsworth, ladymage, Puntus, Reun, Revealing, Sariita, Sheriff, Smartmindover, Soundlesskill, Taejo, zappaxe, Zuzeq

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DocDoBig For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Justg:

Ever since the game was first introduced, there has been a bug in the trade interface. I know everyone has experienced it constantly, but nobody ever talks about it. When you press the "confirm" button nothing happens. You sometimes have to press it a dozen times before it works. Sometimes you also press it and there is a delayed effect and it works 2 or 3 seconds later. If you try to press it a second time during that 2-3 seconds delay, you will skip the final confirmation screen as the confirm button there is in the exact same spot and it will register a double tap as a confirmation there too. I'd say for half of my trades I never see the final confirmation screen. I have resorted to making sure the money is not changed on the initial trade screen as I cannot rely on the conformation screen even showing.

I'm not sure why this bug exists, but anyone who has ever made a trade experiences this and it is rather frustrating. This needs to be fixed, otherwise the confirmation screen is not something that one can rely upon.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Justg:

Ever since the game was first introduced, there has been a bug in the trade interface. I know everyone has experienced it constantly, but nobody ever talks about it. When you press the "confirm" button nothing happens. You sometimes have to press it a dozen times before it works. Sometimes you also press it and there is a delayed effect and it works 2 or 3 seconds later. If you try to press it a second time during that 2-3 seconds delay, you will skip the final confirmation screen as the confirm button there is in the exact same spot and it will register a double tap as a confirmation there too. I'd say for half of my trades I never see the final confirmation screen. I have resorted to making sure the money is not changed on the initial trade screen as I cannot rely on the conformation screen even showing.

I'm not sure why this bug exists, but anyone who has ever made a trade experiences this and it is rather frustrating. This needs to be fixed, otherwise the confirmation screen is not something that one can rely upon.
    This! I get that the commas is also an issue, but having to hit confirm multiple times and then it automatically going through after you've had to hit confirm on the first screen a few times is frustrating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Sts looses money in the end too. The players who get scammed may quit so they never spend money in the game again.the scammers don't pay anything because they don't, they scammed all their items they don't need to spend money. The plat buyers and sts both loose to the scammers don't know why it has not been fixed yet but oh well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

We've heard the commas comment and put it in the backlog to be considered for a future update.
    CONSIDERED?!?!

WHAT THE???

*shakes head and walks off to play GTA V*

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaim Nail For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Justg:

I've done several tests with 2 of my own accounts regarding this to find the best solution. The way I get around this:

Controlled scenario:
    - Cheonje puts four Locked Grand Crates of the Watch in trade window.
    - Geunin puts 40k gold in trade window.

Now at this point, instead of Geunin spamming the confirm button, he should instead quickly scroll through Cheonje's list of four crates offered and then wait a second. The confirm button is then immediately operational after this takes place, and Geunin's trade offer will light up green. The same thing goes for Cheonje. Even though Geunin didn't put any items into the trade window, just gold, he can still tap the area where offered items would normally go in order to make the confirm button immediately operational. This also applies to trading 1, 2 or 3 items.

Based on this testing, I am assuming there is some sort of safe-guard mechanism within the trading feature that either a) waits for a player to either hit the confirm button multiple times (which ends up getting them in a bit of a mess) or b) waits for the play to physically check the entire list of items the other trader is offering before letting them continue to the next window. I am more inclined to say option B is what's embedded in the feature, and we're simply bypassing it somehow by spamming the confirm button.

The entire sequence does seem like it could be fine-tuned. For now, the best deterrent is to do all of your trades slowly and patiently. Try my method, wait a second, and press confirm. If it doesn't work the first time (it should), try again. Rushing is probably the #1 cause of people missing a scammer hoodwinking them during a trade.
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-19-2013 at 09:31 PM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Considered? if the commas are too difficult. Add a "k" to the money. so if you're buying something it'll be 100k. not 100000.
    How about do it the way some other games do it (Pretty sure runescape did this because people complained about scamming - when the money or items are put up. If ANYTHING is modified. a giant exclamation point will flash . If you get scammed this way. You got no right to complain.
    Really this should be in the game already.

I understand that its there own fault if they don't count the second trade window and blah blah blah. But you need to remember something Justg, Kids play these games. I have friends who have sons and daughters who all come online to have fun, You explain it to them, they say yes. they forget later because they're children. You can say its there own fault but guess what. When they quit because they got scammed that means the money there parents fork over constantly for platinum goes with it.

This will prevent the kids who spend all day scamming people. I haven't been scammed personally but constantly keep seeing this happening.. AL is supposed to be a fun and friendly game.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Limitational For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Justg:

I agree with it