Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Bug Report: Bloodhammer Arena Instadeath

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Default Bug Report: Bloodhammer Arena Instadeath

This issue began with the new season, to my knowledge. I don't believe it has officially been reported, although it is widely known throughout the player base, and I read at least one topic on it in general discussion. So. For the devs, let's make this official.

Issue: Bloodhammer in arena can almost never be fought successfully at this point in time. Players, no matter their class, gear, build, or stats, drop dead from full health during battle without being hit. There are no bombs flying at them, no vortex nearby, no shark jump range attack, no proximity curse ring hitting them. They are in clear air and they die. I was with a party yesterday and we tested 3 times, and all 3 times we died one after the other, not one of us was hit by anything visible.

(This happens with all arena effects I think - Vortex and proximity curse I am positive of though, because we tested those yesterday.)

I am a timed lb player, and have run the arena approximately 250 times since the season started. Bloodhammer was successfully killed maybe three times in that many runs. That shows just how bugged it is.

Urgency: For one, a lot of people really want to get the shark bouncer achievement, and I know some that have tried over 50 times, and can not get it because of this bug. Also, having an unplayable boss in the arena interrupts the flow and the enjoyment of the game, since it forces everyone to now leave the arena and remake the party whenever he appears. I don't think this is the intent.

Note: There are other cases of sudden death in the arena as well, but the Bloodhammer issue is the most prominent and persistant. The other bosses can still be fought and beaten. Bloodhammer at this time, can not. Players, if you can post any info that might help the devs trace this, that would be good. Let's be constructive

Thank you
    Last edited by Serancha; 09-20-2013 at 02:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Its his Shellshock attack. He ususally uses it after his jump attack.
    He one shooted players since the beginning of the arena. Just now when bosses hit harder its more often, well it was oft enough alredy that time.
    U can be whenever, close, far, when he shoots and is succesfull u drop dead, what is most of the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    Its his Shellshock attack. He ususally uses it after his jump attack.
    He one shooted players since the beginning of the arena. Just now when bosses hit harder its more often, well it was oft enough alredy that time.
    U can be whenever, close, far, when he shoots and is succesfull u drop dead, what is most of the time.
    I tried to figure it out what hes doing before this attack, raise his arm or something other movement, but it just happens: dang! .. and im dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    I tried to figure it out what hes doing before this attack, raise his arm or something other movement, but it just happens: dang! .. and im dead.
    Yes he rises his arm on which he has that cannon. U can see grains of dust when he shoots and shell shock written. Its hard to notice when u r nowehere close to him so he is not on ur screen, and u just drop dead. very frustrating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

That's not it - the shellshock cannon is survivable with enough health - whatever this bug is, is not. In one test yesterday I took notes.

This happened to me when he was opening his mouth for one of his wide bites and the red cone was on the ground in front of him. I was a good 1/4 of the arena width away from him and there was nothing near me at all. He had his mouth open preparing to bite and I dropped dead. Inexplicable. It was a proximity curse session and my allies were on the far side of the ring. I had no curse on or near me.
    Last edited by Serancha; 09-20-2013 at 04:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    That's not it - the shellshock cannon is survivable with enough health - whatever this bug is, is not. In one test yesterday I took notes.

This happened to me when he was opening his mouth for one of his wide bites and the red cone was on the ground in front of him. I was a good 1/4 of the arena width away from him and there was nothing near me at all. He had his mouth open preparing to bite and I dropped dead. Inexplicable. It was a proximity curse session and my allies were on the far side of the ring. I had no curse on or near me.
    Shellshock is not survivable if he crit, not even full myth warrior can survive that.

But what u describe i think Glob does that too. U can be far away from the red cone but still getting hit, which means insta dead. I noticed when im using piercer before he does red zone attack, despite the fact im trying to go so far away as i can after, he still hits me, doesnt matter where i am. But happens also without piercer.

So maybe its related.

Also noticed in previous season that Blood gains hp doing his red zone attack altough thers no one close.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Were you near the lantern wall when it happened? If so, I can provide a lot more detail on this by cut/pasting a prior post I made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

The lantern wall one has happened to me also - more often with glob and mardrom. This specific incident happened closer to the announcer dude. But as I said initially, it happens to anyone who fights Bloodhammer right now - every fight. This is not an single incident. I was just giving an example.

Before this season, I never saw anyone die without knowing why they did. Now they just leave the arena when they see the shark because they know they will die to nothing. That's the point. This is bugged and needs fixing. People are starting to give up on arena it's so frustrating, which sucks cause it is such a great feature of the game.

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Spacetime Studios Dev
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts

Thanks for the feedback, I bugged the attack that causes the excessive damage hit.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lojack For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Hmm I managed to get the achievement 3 times just farming with friends..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    Hmm I managed to get the achievement 3 times just farming with friends..
    So you are saying that no one died in the group at all during the encounter? Or that you are just so good that bugs don't effect you?
    <Khylara 41 Rogue> The Collective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khylan View Post
    So you are saying that no one died in the group at all during the encounter? Or that you are just so good that bugs don't effect you?
    I don't think he's saying that. This bug doesn't seem to be something that happened all the time - I for one have never experienced it. Either way, it's nice that Lojack found it quickly so that it no longer effects anyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    I don't think he's saying that. This bug doesn't seem to be something that happened all the time - I for one have never experienced it. Either way, it's nice that Lojack found it quickly so that it no longer effects anyone.
    It's still not fixed, hopefully by next patch, along with Wraith Heart.....
    <Khylara 41 Rogue> The Collective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khylan View Post
    My party didn't die. I've been farming there since expansion, so I know my way around. And before that