Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Solution for fixing the economy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Solution for fixing the economy!

As many of you know, I used to play PL. So I was looking at the PL forum and noticed they did an update to address the long annoying issue of the Forgotten weapons, and their solution was brilliant. So it made me think of a solution to the current issue plaguing the AL economy.

The problem goes like this:

1) Tons of crate pinks have flooded the market due to so many players opening locked crates.

2) Because of the large surplus of these items, prices have dropped on most of them to under 200 gold, making them worthless.

3) Because crate pinks have become worthless, the only items of any value you can get from locked crates are the super rare mythic and arcane items. As the odds of getting a mythic or arcane item are small, this discourages many from wanting to open locked crates.

4) Because stats of these crate pinks in most cases are better than epic items, epic items have no value at all and cannot even be sold.

5) Because stats of some crate pinks are almost as good as some elite pinks, the prices of the elite pinks have fallen as well.

So here is my proposed solution:

1) All crate pinks that have ever existed will be changed to have a liquidation value of 3000 gold.

2) This will result in many players liquidating these items to get the 3000 gold. This will happen until we reach a point where these items become rare enough that they are worth at least 3000 gold each.

3) Elite pinks will rise in price accordingly.

4) Epic items will fill the price void between 100 gold and 3000 gold.

5) This will give an influx of gold into the economy, which I think many of us agree has been needed.

6) This will cause more interest in opening locked crates since the crate pinks will now have some value and not be worthless.

7) This will boost the value of locked crates, and will encourage crate farming.

Since the "worst" item you are supposed to get from a locked crate is 2000 gold, shouldn't getting a pink item be at a minimum worth more than that? This solution will make sure that is the case, while boosting the entire economy in the process.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

I agree that many crates are waiting in stash to be either opened or sold. Currently there is not a big motivation for either of these.

Perhaps I did not get the idea fully, and so I have two questions:

1) Would not one arcane weekend with increased chances help to get more crates popped?

2) Why should I liquidate for 3k if I can sell for 9-10k very easily?

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Im not one to think 5-6 steps ahead, however i think your idea is genius.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Last season the solution was adding gold and plat in those crates so the amount of legendaries decrases and they get their value.
    Now we have again the same problem here. I guess tons of crates r getting opened daily that those pinks just flooded the market.
    And no much interest in legendaries bc also price of the mythics si decreasing.

I dont think this solution will solve anything. Ppl will open so many crates that those pinks will be even more common. But now they will not sell in the cs just liquidated. Even more crates opened. But i think its good for the company so

But i doubt it will solve anything in the economy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post
    2) Why should I liquidate for 3k if I can sell for 9-10k very easily?
    Who can you sell crate pinks to for 9-10k? I'm talking about the Dimensional and Devourer items. Have a look in the auction, they sell for 150-200 gold each.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Uzii, so in your theory, the less worth the loot from crates is, the more will be opened?

Strange, the current situation has exactly opposite impact on my will to spend RL money for crates popping.

GM at <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Who can you sell crate pinks to for 9-10k? I'm talking about the Dimensional and Devourer items. Have a look in the auction, they sell for 150-200 gold each.
    Oh sorry, my bad - I thought you wanted to liquidate CRATES for 3k. Yes, now your idea makes full sense. Sorry, still sleepy

GM at <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post
    Uzii, so in your theory, the less worth the loot from crates is, the more will be opened?

Strange, the current situation has exactly opposite impact on my will to spend RL money for crates popping.
    No.

I think the amounts of crates will still be high that is opened in a day bc fo arcane eggs if for not anything else. But if u can liguidate the legendaries for 3k it will encourage u more to open those crates right? Some ppl still opened even when they get only gold there, so its same.
    And will not solve the current problems as it didnt with the last solution. Bc we ended up with the same results, means a lots of legendaries that no one is buying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

once again energizer you provide an insightful and well thought out solution that addresses multiple issues on many levels.

well done mate.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Wouldn't all the 1k crate openers gain tons of money just by liqudating for 3k gold?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    Wouldn't all the 1k crate openers gain tons of money just by liqudating for 3k gold?
    don't they already by finding millions worth of mythic and arcane items?
    also the 10 crate opener might feel a little better about it and thus would perhaps decide to open his ten crates more often?

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

This again. The economy will be broken until the underlying problem is fixed. And no, inflation is not going to fix it. But if it can increase the flux of platinum, give it a shot.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Rare; 09-20-2013 at 07:55 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Smart people will open crates at twinks lv which offer good price

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzzz View Post
    Smart people will open crates at twinks lv which offer good price
    Which is the cause of people not being able to farm twink gear and sell it for a decent profit.

Again – we see time and time again the root cause of the majority of the economic problems in AL are related to the Pink gear that comes from crates.

<Elite Runners>

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Alrisaia For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

The main problem is how to make "rich people" to buy items from "poor people". So in the end the "poor people" will have decent items. Thats why i dont agree with the new bael & krunch system. Of course u guys can said, u can farm malison, flap jack, etc. But thats become another problem, because now they more concentrated on that location the price of malison egg etc is droping fast. Why droping fast ? Almost everyone have it already, and too many player farm on that map because they cant farm in elite shuyal

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jetzzz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Could decrease price to open crates and adjust odds of pinks and/or mythics/arcanes slightly as well as increase price of liquidation. Would encourage more openings while not saturating economy as much and not hurting openers platy pocket.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzzz View Post
    The main problem is how to make "rich people" to buy items from "poor people". So in the end the "poor people" will have decent items. Thats why i dont agree with the new bael & krunch system. Of course u guys can said, u can farm malison, flap jack, etc. But thats become another problem, because now they more concentrated on that location the price of malison egg etc is droping fast. Why droping fast ? Almost everyone have it already, and too many player farm on that map because they cant farm in elite shuyal
    The reason eggs like kettle, wrathjaw, snaggletooth and malison have dropped in price because these areas are not scaled. And its so easy to farm these maps now that anyone can farm them. So the more people who farm them, the more eggs there are. The more eggs there are the price drops. You can thank people who don't want these areas to scale because this is the end result.

As for crate pinks, these are fine suggestions but I don't think these will have any impact on elite pinks. Because I don't think elite pinks compete with crate pinks. The stats on most crate pinks are very bad. And of any the crate pinks that do have decent stats, will sell for more such as some weapons. I also disagree with points #4 & #5, since epic rings and amulets are better then what are in crates and sell for way more. What is driving down prices on elite pinks is the over supply of mythics. People are saving their gold to buy mythics and as more of these items come into the market, mythic prices go down and pushing down elite pinks. And this is why some lvl 36 pink rings/amulets fetch a lot of money because they are perceived to be better then mythics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Maybe if the crates increase their value the pinks worth more.

I mind in a half hour with lepechaun and elixir I can drop 7 - 8 crates ( Obviously their value fall) ( Istn a legendary Chest, I now more like a " Common Chest")

Anyway, Maybe if make more ( A lot more ) rare the drop of crates, their value could be higher.

Just an idea.

Edit: My english isnt the best but I try ....

ING: Valkiryas - Alassien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

whats the main reason why people opened that big amount of lockeds?
    yes! they want an arcane or at last mythic item!
    The drop rate of these items were hardly decreased so its hard to get any worthy item now.
    I opened more than 500 lockeds this season and i just got 1 mythic item...thats a good deal for STS huh?
    If i get my Arcene Staff ill never open any of these crates this season...so they wont let it happen....
    Just all stop buying crates, then they have to do a Crate-Weekend with higher Droprates

Thanx STS for scaling my signature down to 417x83 pixels although it says 500x100 pixel are possible.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa Huber For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Very few of you seem to understand how economics works. You seem to think they can double the drop rate of an item, and people looting it will still be able to sell it for the same price. It doesn't work that way. More value will never come out of locked crates no matter what they do with drop rates.

If they multiply the odds of getting an arcane egg by 10 times, then arcane eggs will sell for 100k, and people will no longer consider those a desirable item to get in locked and will complain they don't get an arcane weapon. And if they multiply the odds of all mythic and arcane items by 10 times, then all those prices will fall and people will no longer open locked crates at all since nothing good will come in them.

Most of you started playing this game recently, but some of you were around at the beginning of the year when they first introduced locked crates. You may remember that for the first month locked crates were out, there were no such thing as mythic or arcane items yet. Back then, the attraction of locked crates was that you were guaranteed to get a pink item in each crate. People opened them by the dozens to loot these wonderful pink legendary items. How many of you now would open crates if all that was offered were pink items? Do you want the same thing that happened with crate pinks to happen with mythic and arcane items?
    Last edited by Energizeric; 09-20-2013 at 01:42 PM.