Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hooks need a real competitive buff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Default Hooks need a real competitive buff

I'm usually not one to complain too much, but with the release of the new mythic 36 daggers has made me very upset. STS has promised us that Arcane weapons would be the best of the best for 2 expansions after their initial release and with the most recent buff, their stats were more competitive against the best legendaries, but are now completely destroyed by these new mythic 170+dps daggers with shields. I see that STS's reponse is that level 26 daggers should be losing their compeitivness since its their last season, but it's still the second season after their initial release and their validity should be maintained. The Sorcerer's mythic gun was secretly buffed in anticipation of the new mythic rod, and these daggers are also a direct competition with the Arcane hooks so a cometitive buff in my opintion should be applied to keep them still the best just for this final season no?
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

And what exactly would that do for level 26 pvp balance? LOL

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    And what exactly would that do for level 26 pvp balance? LOL
    The game wasn't made for l26 pvp, it's primary focus is endgame. If you twink that's your prerogative, but the l26 twink community can't influence an update that may or may not improve endgame.

However I don't like the idea of hooks. They've had their reign, stick em in the cs or make a 26 tbh.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azepeiete View Post
    The game wasn't made for l26 pvp, it's primary focus is endgame. If you twink that's your prerogative, but the l26 twink community can't influence an update that may or may not improve endgame.

However I don't like the idea of hooks. They've had their reign, stick em in the cs or make a 26 tbh.
    ^ This. Hooks are old and outdated items. Time to move one. Sell your hooks and use the money for the new daggers. Problem solved.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

My point is that hooks is a level 26 item. I'm sure they will retain their value as an OP twink item. I saw someone in the traders forum offering 12m for a level 8 sword, so I don't see why hooks won't be just as sought after as a twink item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

My point is that hooks is a level 26 item. I'm sure they will retain their value as an OP twink item. I saw someone in the traders forum offering 12m for a level 8 sword, so I don't see why hooks won't be just as sought after as a twink item.
    They will be, eventually. I was agreeing with Aze's point that L26 items shouldn't influence end-game material.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Because of the hooks, what Sorc or Warrior would actually WANT to make a level 26 twink????

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I posted this in another thread and thought it would go fine here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Arcane weapons are a moment in time. Just like someone who buys a PS3 when they first come out. They know a PS4 will be coming someday, but right now, the PS3 is the new hotness. The Rogue Hooks were the new hotness in Kraken just as the Maul was the new hotness in Nordr. There is no guarantee, written or implied, that they will ever be changed. Right now, we don't have plans for changing or upgrading Arcane weapons.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

It's more like I just bought a PS3 and PS4 isn't supposed to be out until a few months more but... suprise!! PS4 is now released that beats out PS3 today! I think hooks should just be removed from crates altogether at this point in time. I know what I'll be doing with my plat money, actually saving up for a PS4! I know it's highly unlikely because they've already recently been buffed, but I along with another few hook users would actually like to use them as the best daggers for this season and not have someone say to us "why don't you use mythic daggers because hooks are way worse"
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    It's more like I just bought a PS3 and PS4 isn't supposed to be out until a few months more but... suprise!! PS4 is now released that beats out PS3 today!
    I agree with your analogy on this. But what's done is done. The new daggers look cooler anyway :P Hopefully the hard lessons learned with this entire "trilogy" of releasing arcanes season-by-season is influential on STG releasing the next 3 arcanes together in one season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

That what STS promoted and promised us that Arcane weapons would be the best of the best for 2 expansions.....Im not the one to complain too much as well... but this time too unfair... Not going to trust STS any more..

Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

I'm usually not one to complain too much, but with the release of the new mythic 36 daggers has made me very upset. STS has promised us that Arcane weapons would be the best of the best for 2 expansions after their initial release and with the most recent buff, their stats were more competitive against the best legendaries, but are now completely destroyed by these new mythic 170+dps daggers with shields. I see that STS's reponse is that level 26 daggers should be losing their compeitivness since its their last season, but it's still the second season after their initial release and their validity should be maintained. The Sorcerer's mythic gun was secretly buffed in anticipation of the new mythic rod, and these daggers are also a direct competition with the Arcane hooks so a cometitive buff in my opintion should be applied to keep them still the best just for this final season no?
    Arcane weapons are suppoed to last for 3 expansions. Mythic 2, legendary 1.

Hooks lvl26

New mythic blades lvl36. Supposed to last for 1 more expansion.

Hooks gone from 26-31-36. 3 expansions ahead.

So we can conclude that mythic daggers will be 1 expansion ahead of hooks, which aren't supposed to last to 41.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Stop all your rogue crying, BOO HOO, THE HOOKS I PAID SO MUCH FOR ARE CRAP.

No one told you to invest in level 26 hooks at level 36 regardless of rarity.

Cry me a river.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

The new mythic staff has +21.1 damage over mythic gun. So its not just the hooks. The whole 'lasts for more then one season' never made sense to me. And I'm happy to see that there is better stuff out there now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I'd have to say that the buff a couple weeks back was necessary yet a little on the weak side. Now with these mythic daggers, STS needs to buff them even more. IMO the current stats should have been the hooks buff. It's unfair to arcane weapons user. I would be so angry if they did this in the next expansion if I had the maul.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

First of all, did anyone except that level 36 mythic weapons would not be better than level 31 mythic weapons? LOL

Second, the problem with making a weapon that will still be the best weapon 10 levels later is that it will be way too OP. I remember when PvP was first introduced there was a bug that in certain circumstances you could end up in a lower level game. So as a level 21 sorcerer at one point I ended up in a level 12-14 game and was able to stay there for a few games by just continuing to rejoin each time.

That is not 10 levels but 7-9 levels higher. Let's just say that I beat down everyone the way I clear the mobs in non-elite dungeons. I was winning 4-on-1 battles. So I don't see how having a weapon that is so OP that it will be the best item 10 levels later is feasible.

I think what STS was implying when they made those statements is that they were comparing the brand new mythic and arcane items to the legendary items which had previously been the best items available. To explain the new item types, they said that mythic items would be equivalent to the best legendary items 5 levels later, and arcane items would be equivalent to the best legendary items 10 levels later. They never said there would not be new mythic or legendary items in those later campaigns.

Based on their own definition, you can assume that they are saying that arcane items are equivalent to mythic items that are 5 levels higher. Well, these mythic items are 10 levels higher than hooks, so you can assume they would be better.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 09-20-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    Arcane weapons are suppoed to last for 3 expansions. Mythic 2, legendary 1..
    Based on this definition you have quoted, Level 26 hooks would top out at level 36 (the 3rd expansion)

And level 36 mythic weapons would top out at level 41 (the 2nd expansion)

So then shouldn't a level 36 mythic weapon be better than a level 26 arcane weapon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Honestly, I have no more complain, just disappointment and STS break their promise... still have a lot good MMO games out there... goodbye STS...

Arcane Legends

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MayaNatsume For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Based on this definition you have quoted, Level 26 hooks would top out at level 36 (the 3rd expansion)

And level 36 mythic weapons would top out at level 41 (the 2nd expansion)

So then shouldn't a level 36 mythic weapon be better than a level 26 arcane weapon?
    Why bother explaining? They don't understand that a weapon that is 10 levels LOWER then the current should in NO WAY be more powerful then the new one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

It's more like I just bought a PS3 and PS4 isn't supposed to be out until a few months more but... suprise!! PS4 is now released that beats out PS3 today! I think hooks should just be removed from crates altogether at this point in time.
    What did you prefer? 2k gold or another arcane hook? We never knew how crates works. So removing them is not a good option. Someone should still be happy to loot an arcane hook in the future.