Thread: Question regarding PVE Rogue gears

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Question regarding PVE Rogue gears

Need help, i just wanna ask what options on gear for a PVE Rogue to survive or do quests solo.

Such as DEX INT Dodge on armor and helm and so on.

All replies would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

BTW My Rogue is Lvl 21 now and its Pure DEX

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Dex and HP.

Pot pot pot pot pot pot pot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

It is all dependent on what you are trying to solo.

If you are looking to solo normal maps up to (and including Shuyal), then I prefer DMG oriented gear with DEX primary/INT secondary and the highest armor stats available for your level.

This means you should be looking for DEX/INT Helms/Armor that end in "Of Will" - for example Noble of Will, Architect of Will, etc. For weaponry, I like to use Architect Quills of Brutality because the proc is an excellent one! Beyond that, you could utilize Devourer Bow of Potency, which gives slightly higher damage without the sweet proc of the Quills. Oddly enough, at endgame, there are some Epic amulets and rings that are reasonably priced and really add to your overall DMG stat. Items such as Bling Bauble of Potency and Full Circuit of Potency offer some of the highest DMG stats without costing hundreds of thousands. Obviously, the give-back using this type of gear is lower HP and armor, so this setup isn't ideal for high-end elite maps or Arena runs.

If your intent is to solo end-game elite maps, I would stick with the Architect of Well Helm and Armor, but I would swap out rings and amulets that are "of Brutality" which is DEX/STR spec. This will give you more HP to survive the heavy hits that end-game elite maps usually put you through. I would also consider sacrificing some DMG for more armor/HP. Generally, the upgraded Mythic Helm and Armor would be most desirable, but not everyone can afford those luxuries, so Architect will be serviceable.

Personally, I say that Shuyal elite maps are not to be soloed (even though I know there are some that do). You will waste hundreds of pots, which makes the whole endeavor unprofitable. Stick to good parties/guildies for the time being. If you must solo elite maps, I recommend Season 1-3 elite maps, namely Elite Forest, Elite Brackenridge, Elite Rooks Nest, and Elite Lost Mage's Mine. When on reroll elixir (free from Klaas), these maps generally are most fruitful, as the runs are very fast (with the exception of Rooks Nest), are easily soloed, and the drops can be extremely good.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    It is all dependent on what you are trying to solo.

If you are looking to solo normal maps up to (and including Shuyal), then I prefer DMG oriented gear with DEX primary/INT secondary and the highest armor stats available for your level.

This means you should be looking for DEX/INT Helms/Armor that end in "Of Will" - for example Noble of Will, Architect of Will, etc. For weaponry, I like to use Architect Quills of Brutality because the proc is an excellent one! Beyond that, you could utilize Devourer Bow of Potency, which gives slightly higher damage without the sweet proc of the Quills. Oddly enough, at endgame, there are some Epic amulets and rings that are reasonably priced and really add to your overall DMG stat. Items such as Bling Bauble of Potency and Full Circuit of Potency offer some of the highest DMG stats without costing hundreds of thousands. Obviously, the give-back using this type of gear is lower HP and armor, so this setup isn't ideal for high-end elite maps or Arena runs.

If your intent is to solo end-game elite maps, I would stick with the Architect of Well Helm and Armor, but I would swap out rings and amulets that are "of Brutality" which is DEX/STR spec. This will give you more HP to survive the heavy hits that end-game elite maps usually put you through. I would also consider sacrificing some DMG for more armor/HP. Generally, the upgraded Mythic Helm and Armor would be most desirable, but not everyone can afford those luxuries, so Architect will be serviceable.

Personally, I say that Shuyal elite maps are not to be soloed (even though I know there are some that do). You will waste hundreds of pots, which makes the whole endeavor unprofitable. Stick to good parties/guildies for the time being. If you must solo elite maps, I recommend Season 1-3 elite maps, namely Elite Forest, Elite Brackenridge, Elite Rooks Nest, and Elite Lost Mage's Mine. When on reroll elixir (free from Klaas), these maps generally are most fruitful, as the runs are very fast (with the exception of Rooks Nest), are easily soloed, and the drops can be extremely good.
    Your reply was really helpful, thanks alot!

I just wanna solo normal maps till Elite is opened since its hard to get ppl to pt with and grind all day just to get exp.

So Armor would be better over dodge for soloing maps?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Personally, I prefer Armor over Dodge. Yes, Dodge allows you to avoid the attack completely, but Armor guarantees damage reduction, so that is what I value more.

Plus, keep in mind that you have the buffs from Shadow Veil or Razor, and Malison's Arcane adds substantial Dodge, so getting to >50% Dodge isn't much of an issue regardless of the gear you have selected.

At some point, when getting swarmed by mobs, damage reduction is far more important than the chance to dodge. Unless you truly screw up a pull and aggro an enormous group, you should be able to handle them better if you can kill them faster (and absorb the hits along then way), than hoping to dodge the hits in the first place.

Just keep in mind that you should be fighting through level-appropriate maps. It is not wise to attack Shuyal maps as a level 26 solo. Go through the progression from Kraken to Nordr and Shuyal when you are leveled and well geared for the area. Soloing Kraken maps at level 26 is more appropriate than making a run at Shuyal. Generally, you don't ever want to be undergeared because as you move up in maps, the HP/DMG/Armor of the mobs scale as well, so you will find yourself farming deaths if not outfitted correctly or in a good party.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What about options on ring and necklace? Is DEX DMG Armor best option for rogues on that category?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kikowafuu View Post
    What about options on ring and necklace? Is DEX DMG Armor best option for rogues on that category?
    As far as I know, rouge = pure offense. Let the warrior take the pounding.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kikowafuu View Post
    Generally, you should be looking for a pure offensive set with a DEX primary, INT secondary and a DMG bonus. Rings such as the Cobalt Ring of Warfare (DEX version) with the 3.0 DMG are suitable and low cost. Swirling Amulet of Potency is also very good from an offensive standpoint.

For me, I also like to have a secondary set of rings and amulets with DEX primary, STR secondary and an armor boost. There are some points where I prefer the HP and armor and am willing to sacrifice some DMG. Typically, I use this balanced/survival combination when I am trying to solo the arena, or am working on a higher level elite map. The cost of pure damage is squishiness, so make sure that you have flexibility in your gear to handle a wide range of situations. Cheap items like Swirling Amulet of Will work well. Also, if it is affordable, I like the Power Ring of Brutality, which maintains DMG stats, but trades INT for STR.

Once you have the best weapon, helm and armor available, flexibility in your build-outs come from your ring, amulet and pet selection. With the variations available, you can have a HP/Armor build, a DMG build, a Crit build, a Dodge build, etc. It all depends on what situation you are trying to work through. In my case, I can go from a high HP, 1350 Armor tanky rogue around primarily for support, then, via loadouts, convert to a squishy, high damage, high crit rogue there to deal massive damage on bosses.

Much of the selection process is dependent upon your play-style, so try out a few different combinations and see what you are most comfortable with. Just be prepared to have at least two build-outs so you can handle everything from solo runs to grind-it-out with a party runs as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    As far as I know, rouge = pure offense. Let the warrior take the pounding.
    what crowsfoot says it right. Always choose equips that provide dex then int. Str should even be a consideration. Rogues are there for one purpose: to deal damage and lots of it. The key is to find a good tank. If ur doing elites and can find a tank who can hold aggro send him a friend request. After u get a list of good players then don't even try to run pugs, get a group going yourself with ur friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the replies, i also wanna know if its alright to invest in gears already or just keep leveling to end game? Currently im Lvl 23 @50% EXP, grinding is kinda slow for me. Any advices? Also what PETS are crucial for rogues, i now have Blight, Malison, Horton and Esteban i just switch over them instead of focusing on one pet or am i doing it wrong?