Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My current thoughts with the new updates (End Game)

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

^most bears know how to use their class well already through past experience.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

@Ghost I agree with all your points!! I would however like it if the orb could be fixed, ex: able to buff and opponents can't target you. But if it can't be fixed if rather it just removed.

I see Crim's point about why savage has the stats that it does but it does make other classes OP. Wasn't the point of STS lowering the stat requirements to create variety in toons and wearable gear? I don't know if raising base requirements will fix the problem. I would just prefer that if a different class wears gear not meant for them then that stats get nerfed. I'm sure this would be difficult to implement but it would allow bears the stats it needs.

@Caurd just because you played "from the beginning" it doesn't mean you always need to talk down to ppl. There are ways to get your point across by using a different tone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lonleybird View Post
    Cheen lol u were op in those months becon stomp? And its not azba all over again ive been playing game since beta. Gg
    Yes, but the way you act makes it like its Azichiabed drama all over again.
    -trash talking etc...

Enough of this. Back to the topic~
    Lel. You Fanny.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

@Crim - That's an excellent point. I never took the stat attributes into account because they never seemed important... not even remotely important for this game, haha. But yes, it does make sense. Still though, I will hold my argument for thinking that the savage set still has an edge in terms of a bad correlation between strength and armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

For those who ignore crim and think hes a silly guy (cuard, waug) , I can give a short summary
    lol, I don't consider someone is silly or not in a game forums, unlike most of the peoples, I sometime don't even look left side to see who posted the comment, if the comment look odd to me I critisize.

as for example many times I said bears +90 DMG buffs should be nerfed, so no point to argue with when someone else says that. savage is op in many terms other than just making it bears op, though I would not consider a bear is op with Savage, rather for example take a bird 40 dodge with savage + 30 dodge for buff = 70 dodge, even with stacking dodge bears reach approx 80 dodge, then consider a mage with heavy DMG with drain and fire they are getting secured with savage and still their DMG is high enough.

to be honest endgame is all about op-ness now, which build and gears have advantage over any other particular build and class, just use it for example a savage bear may struggle against a decent plaher so, use a talon/ bow mostly depending on auto that high damage of talon/bow +90 dmg buff , there are many examples not only this one. Many players consistently suggest for class specific gears, when devs asked, it was in my wish list to increase the required attribute point to equip endgame gears its too low 157 ATM, this would force classes to use class specific gears, but devs hardly listen good suggestions they just kept making political decisions.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The only problem I see with savage is that if it had lowered dmg, pallies, bears and mages actually in general, perhaps even tank rhinos, would be extremely difficult to kill, because of regen and heal (mages n rhinos), it's hard to balance endgame since every spell does like 500 dmg and players have 600hp lol. Pl doesn't have very detailed pvp, so pure tank would be less than useless, if he dealt nearly no dmg, unlike for instance WoW or OaC. Like there are no cast times in pl which sucks, so u can't like interrupt heal, thus with lowered dmg, certain classes would have no chance. Sorry if it doesn't make sense, it's morning here, i may rephrase it lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gison View Post
    Yes, but the way you act makes it like its Azichiabed drama all over again.
    -trash talking etc...

Enough of this. Back to the topic~
    Yep.

Bears need higher armor but lower dodge, and what crim said with the hit % buff rather than so much damage.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

I would love a hit buff in Rage! We would see more STR bears running around doing what they were meant to do: tank.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default My current thoughts with the new updates (End Game)

You know what I would love? People spelling correctly and using good grammar It makes everything ten times easier to read and it doesn't make you sound like a 8 year old.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    So far, I see that progress is being made somewhat. Here are some things that really stick out to me:

1.) Savage Sets still have an edge. There advantage in both damage and armor is really unfair, based off of stats. Their roles should require tanking, and taking time to kill other classes because they're str focused. This will encourage more strategic play.

2.) The orb problem. Unfortunately, the orb problem has allowed no CTF matches to be relatively fun. I'd personally prefer that the orb system was removed, and we came back to the way things were.

3.) Merging. This problem has been acknowledged several times, and doesn't just refer to end gamers, but to all levels. Instead of the levels being +-5, it should be around 3-4.

35 PvP is extremely balanced and fun atm. Fights take time to do, and the stats are really balanced. That would be a good place to compare end game stats with.

Thanks for your attention...
    Great feedback, bro! Are you doing 35 right now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LvlCap View Post
    You know what I would love? People spelling correctly and using good grammar It makes everything ten times easier to read and it doesn't make you sound like a 8 year old.
    You have a fragment and run-on sentence. Independent clauses must/can be separated with comma followed by a conjunction. You forgot the comma, but since this is not a place where formal writing is necessary, you do not sound like an eight year old.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roberto077 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

My opinion on the orb system.. I don't think it needs to be rid because when a mage revives someone in the middle of ctf map or anywhere else and they are in a big battle and are needed for help, they should be allowed to buff up, not get rooted, frozen, stunned or anything. When they spawn with the orb, they should be allowed to stay willingly or get away from the action.

The reason why I think this is better is because when a mage revives someone in battle and they don't have the orb, they don't have time to buff like birds buffing their dodge, because I myself as a mage will focus on them right away, use frosbite and firestorm and kill them instantly. Orb doesn't need to be rid of, it just needs to be fixed.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aoeqt:1279068
    My opinion on the orb system.. I don't think it needs to be rid because when a mage revives someone in the middle of ctf map or anywhere else and they are in a big battle and are needed for help, they should be allowed to buff up, not get rooted, frozen, stunned or anything. When they spawn with the orb, they should be allowed to stay willingly or get away from the action.

The reason why I think this is better is because when a mage revives someone in battle and they don't have the orb, they don't have time to buff like birds buffing their dodge, because I myself as a mage will focus on them right away, use frosbite and firestorm and kill them instantly. Orb doesn't need to be rid of, it just needs to be fixed.
    I think everyone before orbs were completely fine when they get up from being revived.
    The orbs in revive arent even needed. If what you said would happen, the best team endgame CTF would maybe be a team consisting of pallies?

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Lol about the 35 pvp when i was voodoo mage vs voodoo mage both 35 it took so long. never even finished the fight the other players killed each other so the game ended before i even finished the fight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

honestly my opinion on orbs is that i do not like it at all. 1. it is because whats the point of invulnerablilty for spawning if u cant even use skills to kill the spawner.
    2. the invulnerablilty orb should only be in the spawn room so if u would get revived by mage or rhino u cant even do anything all u can do is run around waiting for the orb to disappear then u can use buffs adn skills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnny6880 View Post
    U obviously a savage user they need to nerf that set noobs claiming to be good with it
    Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    No, I'm saying that Savage Sets are too over powered. I use INT gear, and am against the savage gear... sheesh. The community nowadays.
    The general definition of overpowered in a multiplayer setting in any game is: Where a set is so dominant over all other options that skill is no longer a factor. I haven't been here in months, but even looking at the set, well, it does have it's weak points (hit), but let me put it this way, if I were in a betting pool with 2 players of roughly equal skill of the same class, betting would statistically favor the savage against all other sets.

The orb system I think is causing more issues than it is solving, so I agree that the game should remove it or give the option to the host to play without them when hosting a new game.

To be honest, the game needs a ground up revamp of the PvP system, at least at end game. It is well, right now, built mainly as a PvE type of game with PvP kind of bolted on. I firmly believe that with reform, it would be possible to make a relatively balanced PvP game while keeping PvE classes assigned to their lore roles (and each balanced at it).

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    The general definition of overpowered in a multiplayer setting in any game is: Where a set is so dominant over all other options that skill is no longer a factor. I haven't been here in months, but even looking at the set, well, it does have it's weak points (hit), but let me put it this way, if I were in a betting pool with 2 players of roughly equal skill of the same class, betting would statistically favor the savage against all other sets.

The orb system I think is causing more issues than it is solving, so I agree that the game should remove it or give the option to the host to play without them when hosting a new game.

To be honest, the game needs a ground up revamp of the PvP system, at least at end game. It is well, right now, built mainly as a PvE type of game with PvP kind of bolted on. I firmly believe that with reform, it would be possible to make a relatively balanced PvP game while keeping PvE classes assigned to their lore roles (and each balanced at it).
    Good to see you sir, appreciate your response. It's just that STS stated (in a recent patch thread) that their engine doesn't allow them to make specific changes that we see in AL. So I agree - they should remove the orbs.

As far as a revamp for PvP, I don't see much happening. STS recently said some major balance was coming on the way, but I've yet to see it after providing lots of time on giving quality feedback. I'm disappointed; but I'm not a business. STS has it's prioritizations and I respect it, regardless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

The bulk of the focus will remain on Arcane Legends. On the Android platform for example, it has perhaps 5 times as many downloads as PL (5 million+ vs 1 million+). Assuming similar monetization percentages, AL generates 5x as much revenue. Strictly from a business standpoint, it would be logical to conclude that focusing primarily on AL is a rational business decision, at least unless interest in AL begins to decline, at which point a PL revival may be a way to generate better overall business revenues.