Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My current thoughts with the new updates (End Game)

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Default My current thoughts with the new updates (End Game)

So far, I see that progress is being made somewhat. Here are some things that really stick out to me:

1.) Savage Sets still have an edge. There advantage in both damage and armor is really unfair, based off of stats. Their roles should require tanking, and taking time to kill other classes because they're str focused. This will encourage more strategic play.

2.) The orb problem. Unfortunately, the orb problem has allowed no CTF matches to be relatively fun. I'd personally prefer that the orb system was removed, and we came back to the way things were.

3.) Merging. This problem has been acknowledged several times, and doesn't just refer to end gamers, but to all levels. Instead of the levels being +-5, it should be around 3-4.

35 PvP is extremely balanced and fun atm. Fights take time to do, and the stats are really balanced. That would be a good place to compare end game stats with.

Thanks for your attention...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default a

U obviously a savage user they need to nerf that set noobs claiming to be good with it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnny6880 View Post
    U obviously a savage user they need to nerf that set noobs claiming to be good with it
    No, I'm saying that Savage Sets are too over powered. I use INT gear, and am against the savage gear... sheesh. The community nowadays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Default My current thoughts with the new updates (End Game)

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    No, I'm saying that Savage Sets are too over powered. I use INT gear, and am against the savage gear... sheesh. The community nowadays.
    I know, right? People don't read attentively anymore

Read.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default a

I am sorry i miss read wrong i am an int user to "godsflame"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

There are many unbalance problems (severe) other than just "savage is op", that devs really need to look after.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    So far, I see that progress is being made somewhat. Here are some things that really stick out to me:

1.) Savage Sets still have an edge. There advantage in both damage and armor is really unfair, based off of stats. Their roles should require tanking, and taking time to kill other classes because they're str focused. This will encourage more strategic play.

2.) The orb problem. Unfortunately, the orb problem has allowed no CTF matches to be relatively fun. I'd personally prefer that the orb system was removed, and we came back to the way things were.

3.) Merging. This problem has been acknowledged several times, and doesn't just refer to end gamers, but to all levels. Instead of the levels being +-5, it should be around 3-4.

35 PvP is extremely balanced and fun atm. Fights take time to do, and the stats are really balanced. That would be a good place to compare end game stats with.

Thanks for your attention...
    I agree totally . Orb and savage both are a problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    There are many unbalance problems (severe) other than just "savage is op", that devs really need to look after.
    I agree. These are just my first and prioritized thoughts. I see every class using savage and there's absolutely no diversity with gear.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Based dodge from savage is more important than birds buffed dodge.. lol

About the Orb, it is a good system, except it lasts too long, and than it is still effective when you respawn from mage or rhino revive.

As I said in many previous thread, the orb should be disabled once you get out of your own spawn room, but you could use buffes (and maybe skills but not doing any damage?) while you have got the orb.

About the 35's pvp, it is sooooo funny xD.. Voodoo fights takes 10 min :] As old days
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

After the damage nerf, pallies are healing more than the damage I deal. Yet on my bear I have so much armor, so they are hardly doing any damage to me also. So it usually just turns into a never ending fight. Or one that is just ridiculously long and you don't really care who wins, you just want it over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

The problem with savage sets is they're too OP.

In a couple weeks or so, let's expect every single bird and Mage to use savage.

I wish they'd stick to class specific gear.
    Lel. You Fanny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

I am sorry i miss read wrong i am an int user to "godsflame"
    Lol, that mage.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I just don't understand the "Savage is OP" talk. Is it strong? Yes. Is it powerful? Yes again. However, in my eyes, if something is "OverPowered", then it should be near invincible... which it is not. I would prefer a fight against a strength toon with my bird vs. a pure bird/mage any day. Why? Because strength gear has a glaring weakness: Low hit%. Considering that dodge is a variable and not a constant, the hit% can be debuffed quickly.

Also, I don't know how many threads I need to point this out in, but when STS created the original 3 toons, it is very clear they were to utilize their main attribute. In the case of a bear, it was meant for strength and strength gear. Considering the strength attribute itself does not add to hit% and does very little to raise base damage, it is understandable that a strength set contain high damage because you must take into consideration that a pure strength bear only has 73% hit. The damage is high because in the event a bear manages a hit, it has to do some damage. If people still do not understand this concept, play CTF as a pure strength bear using a scythe and tell me how many times you actually land a damage skill or debuff. Trust me, you will see a lot of the word "miss." Because of this issue, and the usefulness of the dexterity attribute, pallies, warbirds, and bears are a major headache when using Savage.

Now, if the base stats were raised, such as it is with the Elite Boulder, you would see a lot less pallies/warbirds, and more people playing their class the way it is intended. The solution is simple: Lower the +90 damage buff in Rage, add in around 30-35 hit% buff, and make all sets in the game like the Elite weapons. (Or at least do this at the higher levels such as 61+ twinking to end game.)

Guess I need to start saving this thought into a word document to cut and paste each time it is brought up.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I just don't understand the "Savage is OP" talk. Is it strong? Yes. Is it powerful? Yes again. However, in my eyes, if something is "OverPowered", then it should be near invincible... which it is not. I would prefer a fight against a strength toon with my bird vs. a pure bird/mage any day. Why? Because strength gear has a glaring weakness: Low hit%. Considering that dodge is a variable and not a constant, the hit% can be debuffed quickly.

Also, I don't know how many threads I need to point this out in, but when STS created the original 3 toons, it is very clear they were to utilize their main attribute. In the case of a bear, it was meant for strength and strength gear. Considering the strength attribute itself does not add to hit% and does very little to raise base damage, it is understandable that a strength set contain high damage because you must take into consideration that a pure strength bear only has 73% hit. The damage is high because in the event a bear manages a hit, it has to do some damage. If people still do not understand this concept, play CTF as a pure strength bear using a scythe and tell me how many times you actually land a damage skill or debuff. Trust me, you will see a lot of the word "miss." Because of this issue, and the usefulness of the dexterity attribute, pallies, warbirds, and bears are a major headache when using Savage.

Now, if the base stats were raised, such as it is with the Elite Boulder, you would see a lot less pallies/warbirds, and more people playing their class the way it is intended. The solution is simple: Lower the +90 damage buff in Rage, add in around 30-35 hit% buff, and make all sets in the game like the Elite weapons. (Or at least do this at the higher levels such as 61+ twinking to end game.)

Guess I need to start saving this thought into a word document to cut and paste each time it is brought up.
    Well said uncle, Pure str Bear is like "Miss boss".
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

^ U wish u were Crim's nephew! Hahahahaha. Every wuvs crim!

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

For those who ignore crim and think hes a silly guy (cuard, waug) , I can give a short summary.

Savage bears are "OP" mainly because they are str/dex. The dex gives more dmg, and the hit. Int and dex give hit, but str doesn't.
    Crim is saying, lower The damage on rage (it might work in endgame, I dont doubt you crim, but bear twinkers might be a bit worse) BUT also give a hit buff on rage.
    The rhino has a hit buff which can give 100+ hit, so it can go full str, and do its job as tanking without worrying about hit.

Now for my opinion on orbs:
    1. Orbs coming when reved by rhino or mage:
    I personally think its a horrible idea, its much better without the orbs, because you cant really do much except move. Take out the orbs when you are revived.

2. Arena Orbs:
    This is good and bad. Good is that if you spawn near your oppenent, you can get time to run (except for stun/freeze/root, whic we'll get back to) so he cant attack. Bad is that most players, in an FFA, they buff and go right into the match.
    But being that you cant buff, youll have to wait and run, and 3 seconds is long enough for someone to get you.
    Also, you can be stunned, rooted, and freezed. This ruins it. The dev said that you could move around, but if you're stunned, rooted, or freezed, you cant move. Its especially bad for full dex bird, and pure int/dex int mages.

3. Orbs in CTF:
    Spawning is still problem. As gaunab said before, someone could just sit there, buffed, and kill you when your orb comes off, and you dont have time to buff. Make it so you can buff/attack ONLY in the spawn room in CTF.
    When you are revived in CTF, its a problem, I said it ^there. Remove the orb completely when you get revived.

That is all.
    I'm 99.9% many people will ignore this post and such, as many people have done before, but I felt the need to say it, in case a dev comes along and reads it.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    For those who ignore crim and think hes a silly guy (cuard, waug) , I can give a short summary.

Savage bears are "OP" mainly because they are str/dex. The dex gives more dmg, and the hit. Int and dex give hit, but str doesn't.
    Crim is saying, lower The damage on rage (it might work in endgame, I dont doubt you crim, but bear twinkers might be a bit worse) BUT also give a hit buff on rage.
    The rhino has a hit buff which can give 100+ hit, so it can go full str, and do its job as tanking without worrying about hit.

Now for my opinion on orbs:
    1. Orbs coming when reved by rhino or mage:
    I personally think its a horrible idea, its much better without the orbs, because you cant really do much except move. Take out the orbs when you are revived.

2. Arena Orbs:
    This is good and bad. Good is that if you spawn near your oppenent, you can get time to run (except for stun/freeze/root, whic we'll get back to) so he cant attack. Bad is that most players, in an FFA, they buff and go right into the match.
    But being that you cant buff, youll have to wait and run, and 3 seconds is long enough for someone to get you.
    Also, you can be stunned, rooted, and freezed. This ruins it. The dev said that you could move around, but if you're stunned, rooted, or freezed, you cant move. Its especially bad for full dex bird, and pure int/dex int mages.

3. Orbs in CTF:
    Spawning is still problem. As gaunab said before, someone could just sit there, buffed, and kill you when your orb comes off, and you dont have time to buff. Make it so you can buff/attack ONLY in the spawn room in CTF.
    When you are revived in CTF, its a problem, I said it ^there. Remove the orb completely when you get revived.

That is all.
    I'm 99.9% many people will ignore this post and such, as many people have done before, but I felt the need to say it, in case a dev comes along and reads it.
    Did i every say anything bout crim ? i did ctf with him yesterday and think hes gud. nd yus savage is op we have said it about 100+ times stop crying bout it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Bears are slightly op but cuard you seem to be forgetting you were op for 10months and bears are very beatable tho birds before the nerf were able to dodge 10-15 straight hits and then hit blind so a bear misses 5-8more and you still said bears were op and were nearly impossible to kill if he hit blind so if I were you I'd quit complaining...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheeniviepl67 View Post
    Bears are slightly op but cuard you seem to be forgetting you were op for 10months and bears are very beatable tho birds before the nerf were able to dodge 10-15 straight hits and then hit blind so a bear misses 5-8more and you still said bears were op and were nearly impossible to kill if he hit blind so if I were you I'd quit complaining...
    lol. It's like Azichauaunaanabed all over again with him.
    Lel. You Fanny.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Cheen lol u were op in those months becon stomp? And its not azba all over again ive been playing game since beta. Gg