Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Best Skill Build for PvE?

Title says it all . I'm currently using Fireball 5/5
    Frost Bolt 4/5
    Time Shift 5/5
    Life Giver 2/5

Also, my stat distribution is: 1 dex, 5 int for every level.

I want to keep the Life Giver, and I want to know some good PvE builds, Thanks!
    Last edited by SirMageR; 09-25-2013 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Adding information

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Skip Life Giver completely. In higher levels another offensive spell or Shield will do you more good. Pots are faster and end game players should be able to manage their own mana by now.

For more damage I would go full Int build or for a little more survivability do something like 1:10 Int:Str.

I personally run Fire, Ice, Time, Light, and Shield. I lose a few passives using a 5th spell but like to be able to substitute Shield and Lightning depending on the situation. Shield for bosses and elite. Switch Time for Lightning on bosses that require more range.

If you are dead set on keeping Life Giver then you will want to put 3/5 in it for range and mana recovery. My death rate fell drasticlly when I stoped using Heal. I was always dieing being cheap waiting for heal to charge/cool down rather then just hitting the pot.
    Last edited by Nesox; 09-25-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

I use this set for maximum damage:

Full int skill points
    4/5 fireball
    4/5 ice
    3/5 lightning
    4/5 clock

Passives:
    5/5 int
    5/5 dex
    5/5 str
    5/5 damage

Pure destruction for mobs. Just have to spam potions and learn to dodge to survive. I keep a set of grace armor for mobs and a will set for bosses so I have more health.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

i suggest to use 5 skills for pve..

Full Int.
    5/5 fireball
    3/5 frost
    4/5 clock
    2/5 heal
    4/5 shield (i suggest to have this one... for elite maps)

5/5 int
    5/5 dex
    5/5 str
    2/5 damage

*** shield is a must for sorcs. in my experience as a lone hunter. (hunting elite maps alone w/o any good gear) shield help me to survive those maps.

this is my pve build.

i usually swap skills every time i drop a clock, since they are rooted i have a time to swap my shield (after i cast shield) to heal...
    so all 5 skills are usable in any situations. and for sure your pt mate will be happy to have you on their team coz they can save a lot of pots.
    Last edited by zwapper; 09-26-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

If you always have a good team... i mean descent warr to support your on heal and rouges who never complain about lack of mana probably i suggest to have 4 attack skills.

this will help your team to finish elite maps in a shorter time.

*PS: you should also have full mythic gear on this build, since you dont have any defensive skills. Mythic can give you more armor and hp...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zwapper View Post
    i suggest to use 5 skills for pve..
    i usually swap skills every time i drop a clock, since they are rooted i have a time to swap my shield (after i cast shield) to heal...
    so all 5 skills are usable in any situations. and for sure your pt mate will be happy to have you on their team coz they can save a lot of pots.
    Taking the time to switch to heal so that you save a pot or two is foolish. Not only are you blind and unable to defend while you have the screen up but you are not doiong any damage for those few seconds. Spend the money on pots and put those skill points to better use. Shield is far superior to Life Giver as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesox View Post
    Taking the time to switch to heal so that you save a pot or two is foolish. Not only are you blind and unable to defend while you have the screen up but you are not doiong any damage for those few seconds. Spend the money on pots and put those skill points to better use. Shield is far superior to Life Giver as well.
    for me 2-3 sec (time consume in swapping skills) doesnt affect much. since cd of shield is too long (i can cast 2 heal after casting shield), it is good for me. and 2 extra points for heal is not a waste of points... heal helps my pt mate a lot (if i found a party to hang with)...

that is my build and im comfortable with that... this is the way i play!!!

this is just my suggestion...