Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Lv75 Mage build!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Red face Need Lv75 Mage build!

i like to pvp but im a noob... I need Lv 75 mage build with skills,stats,combo...

Duffhomer
    Last edited by Duffhomer; 09-25-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi
    It depends how much money you have. Would play with savage or fiery set? Or do you have no money for a set?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

He has fiery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm im not that Fiery pro, but usually you go pure int.
    You are very squishy, so put 9 skill points in Blessing of Vitality and in Mana Shield, and maybe in Heal, too.
    Then 9 points in all ranged damage skills (Frostbite, Fire, Drain). I also would advice you to use the full Hit/Dmg debuff, at least vs Bears it helps alot. Rest of points in Lightening for awsome debuff/dmg spam.
    Combos: Drain first(because it takes a while till it procs and heals you full after enemies first attack), then Ice and Fire for combo, then lightening. But you cannot use this against everyone, it always depends on situation and enemies class/build, you will see that with experience coming.
    Basicly I would say Fiery Set is not good for a beginner, you just die too fast, even with valiant glory ring. Better go for savage
    Last edited by Megamage; 09-27-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

It really depends on the type of Mage you want to be. A nuke Mage vs support Mage. Would you rather more damage or more armor. Full int or Pally.

Your playing style maters a lot also. Do you kite or charge in?

Getting just a 'blanket' response for a build and skill points isn't gonna help you as much as a detailed response tailored to you will.

If you are a pally and put 9 to mama shield, it will harm you more than help you. And it's just a waste of points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Why would you ever put 9 points in ms...

I'm the guy with my hand on your shoulder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

For int mage its da bes mawfy, try ir during respec week rank 9
    O Hai Der

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    It really depends on the type of Mage you want to be. A nuke Mage vs support Mage. Would you rather more damage or more armor. Full int or Pally.

Your playing style maters a lot also. Do you kite or charge in?

Getting just a 'blanket' response for a build and skill points isn't gonna help you as much as a detailed response tailored to you will.

If you are a pally and put 9 to mama shield, it will harm you more than help you. And it's just a waste of points.
    I only use 1 point in ms for Pally of course, and only use it vs birds or when I'm sure I will die in the next seconds without it.
    He wanted a build, and I gave him one. I also clearly said everything depends on situation. As he said he is new and so has no idea of 'kite' and 'charging' yet. I think my response helped him more....
    Last edited by Megamage; 09-27-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Megamage View Post
    I only use 1 point in ms for Pally of course, and only use it vs birds or when I'm sure I will die in the next seconds without it.
    He wanted a build, and I gave him one. I also clearly said everything depends on situation. As he said he is new and so has no idea of 'kite' and 'charging' yet. I think my response helped him more....
    Who's to say he hasn't twinked? And playing PVE he may noticed his playing style. He may noticed he hangs back and kites the boss while healing and reviving. Or he may have noticed he likes killing things fast and charges into a room and at a boss.

Don't underestimate ppl and their intelligence. Just because they may not have pvped doesn't mean they are all clueless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PvP is pretty different from Pve ^^
    But yeah just do like in Pve, fire your 3 or four dmg skills and run to save you from crazy dps on poor mages 400 life (Thats called kiting btw Duffhomer if you didnt know)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Need Lv75 Mage build!

Pvp is nearly same with pve

To get combo correctly you need to practice your combo.
    For example u maybe a fully geared bird but without a good combo you could die.
    How do I know?
    When I USED to play as a 61 bear pve? I failed without a good build. When I practiced a lot I went pvp
    Vs some orlok ( I was using of dead ) I went 6-10 I got 6 but before I got build got trashed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you Megamage you helped me really out And i have no idea of kite or chargin im a pvp noob...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Revealing View Post
    Pvp is nearly same with pve

To get combo correctly you need to practice your combo.
    For example u maybe a fully geared bird but without a good combo you could die.
    How do I know?
    When I USED to play as a 61 bear pve? I failed without a good build. When I practiced a lot I went pvp
    Vs some orlok ( I was using of dead ) I went 6-10 I got 6 but before I got build got trashed
    You didn't proof that Pvp and Pve is nearly the same, only that you can practise combos in Pve and die without a good build (what is pretty obvious)
    Seriously you play against a horde of brainless bots in Pve, whereas you have to face a single intelligent enemy in PvP.
    Bots only hardly use skills, but players will debuff spam you. All your group killing combos also wont help you against a single player.
    => Completely Different
    You can have 100k + kills in Pve and you still will be destroyed by someone who has Like 5k PvP kills for sure if you start Pvping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No problem
    Charging means to run into the enemy and get close to fire all your skills, also the close range ones. This Playstyle fits to bears who are non ranged stunners.
    Kiting is the playstyle a mage should use. This means you exactly get in your skills range (what takes practice), fire the ranged 12m ones in a second, and get out of enemies range again to heal yourself. This is the common playstyle against bears and birds, who cannot heal themselfes. So you weaken them with every confrontation, but thanks to heal you always stay at full life. Only try to land the 8m ranged skills when enemy manages to get that close (for example by pulling you with bear or rooting you with bird). Try to stay away. Thats the basic idea of kiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Hmmm, to be honest you dont need much just buy a savage set, max out fire drain, just use fire drain and spam other skills specially heal, gratz you are a pro now.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    Hmmm, to be honest you dont need much just buy a savage set, max out fire drain, just use fire drain and spam other skills specially heal, gratz you are a pro now.
    Try to kill a swift elite/savage bear or an a bit skilled swift elite bird by doing this. Good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Why would you ever put 9 points in ms...
    Last time I checked, 9 MS is +40 Armor. i should think that explains itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Megamage View Post
    Try to kill a swift elite/savage bear or an a bit skilled swift elite bird by doing this. Good luck
    Common sense anyway

I have seen pallies to spam fire only from distence then ran back and fire again and the bird hardly survived after 2-3 fire waves

so yep I didn't exaggerated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

I'm a pure int mage ^(^.^)^ and I am usually doing PvP with my STAFF. My suggestion is to max out both blessings, shield, heal, drain, I forgot what my other ones are. Add me in game. I can give you pointers hints and combos later on after I get off work. IGN: Saool

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    Common sense anyway

I have seen pallies to spam fire only from distence then ran back and fire again and the bird hardly survived after 2-3 fire waves

so yep I didn't exaggerated
    1. A skilled bird would just run and heal to full when the mage keeps pushing him back.
    2. Chance to hit 3 fires in a row without bird dodges it (what isn't enough to kill a swift elite bird btw just tested) is around 20%, so good luck with doing this every fight, because
    3. Once the bird dodges, the mage cannot push him and get out of his range, gets blinded, double rooted, and then blasted, armor breaked and killed by auto by the heavy hitting swift elite set.
    => This doesn't work
    Last edited by Megamage; 10-01-2013 at 02:36 PM.