Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pirate Rings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Agree that these rings could be made rarer drop rate since the price on these are going down quickly. Im ok with the dmg on these as long as they still retain value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

I like it coz i bought one today for 40k pushes my stats more than a mythic one for 3m. Finally i can get High damage without paying 3m just for one item lol.
    I think what sts wanted is that normal players have a chance on high damage too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

guys i think mythic rings will be Nerf.. so chill and lets wait for STS surprise.

mythic ring will be still top of line.. or they will release new lvl 36 mythic RINGS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

The mythic ring is from the previous lvl cap, meaning it is competive for best against top legendary gear.
    As I said before, it is likely an error to be epic and is meant to be a hard to find legendary item. I imagine sts will change all current ones into legendary & start making them drop as they were intended.

If these became legendary, things fall into place with the mythic rings. These offer more damage, while mythic rings offer greater survivability.

Also...CHILL, GUYS!
    Sts seems to be working on things every day of the week and constantly trying to adjust the game to create a great level of balance in things while adding new content. They are constantly coding lots of things. Sometimes a small slip up happens in coding and big effects result. But at least they acknowledge the mistakes and fix them as quickly as possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
    these epics need to be nerfed regardless if many will rage they paid millions for them

its their fault in the first place. non noobs know legendary should be > epic

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Legendary > epic? Depends on what stats you want from them, I use an epic ring over a legendary ring during early level farming because it has a really high INT value for increasing mana, allowing me to use special skills a lot more to tear through the mobs quicker.

So many rings have been harvested & distributed that nerfing them now would have an enormous amount of cheesed off players, the best thing they could do is to stop them from dropping altogether so that the ones that are in circulation all become rare, making their market price on par with their stats.

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #46
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Yeah this is a bug, sorry. It's what happens when you add thousands of items at the same time but I know it's really frustrating for you guys. We try and not change numbers on items after they've gone live because of the impact it has for you folks but we're going to have to nerf these because the number is so large.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Yeah this is a bug, sorry. It's what happens when you add thousands of items at the same time but I know it's really frustrating for you guys. We try and not change numbers on items after they've gone live because of the impact it has for you folks but we're going to have to nerf these because the number is so large.
    Perfect!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Glad I didn't buy one! I almost spent a bunch of time farming one, too, but I am such a hoarder I wouldn't have sold and would have been bummed about the wasted time. I totally understand having to nerf them, I'm just always shocked when I make a right decision when it comes to buying and selling since I'm usually soooo wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I hope for some feedback about this from STS/G soon.

I honestly can't understand what the reasoning behing an OP epic (!) ring would be.
    my reasoning for buying one was that STS/G knew what they were doing and the rarity of the bosses was meant to reflect in the stats. When I saw the stats I honestly thought the mistake was the fact that they were meant to be pink items instead of purple. Everyone was saying the new bosses drop epics. Every other bosses top loot is pink so I thought that's what the mistake was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

I don't know about "very" bad...maybe just bad?...lol. All the Elite weapons are holding there value well thus far, as well as the golden elite chest/puzzleboxes.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

really a bug? i have worked on somegames MMorpg and i know this game have a base date (maybe mysql or fttp whatever this is only for update and change value on it.) and i know u need put the DAMAGE on the table and after this u need go to client descompile some files and now put the GR2 (3D files) items and epk or whatever extension sts use on it.. and change the value on client item too..

maybe this can be a ''error'' but a bug?? i don't think so and u know that.
    Last edited by xXz21; 09-30-2013 at 01:44 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to xXz21 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    I don't know about "very" bad...maybe just bad?...lol. All the Elite weapons are holding there value well thus far, as well as the golden elite chest/puzzleboxes.
    Fact #1: A merchant thinks the economy is failed when the prices are so competitively priced that he cannot snag deals and merch them. Actually, this cap has a lot of buying and selling right now. The elite pinks sell within a few hours. If I'm farming and looting tons of pinks, I can sell them all off pretty easily.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

This post is in no way meant to disrespect anyone at STG.........

In my experience in life, "creative" types of people usually are terrible at checking things over. I guess it's just something that people need to accept.

I own a music label, and I can't tell you how many times a songwriter told me he finished this song he's been working on, and then sent me a blank CD with nothing on it. You would think that someone submitting a new song to you would at least try playing the CD they burned for you to make sure it worked, but no it never occurred to them to do that. Or sometimes the first half of the song will play and then there is a digital error and it won't play the rest. I've had web designers do my website and spell my company name wrong on the home page.

The bigger issue here is that STG is normally in a rush to get out new content, so that makes it even harder for them to make sure everything is correct. I think they do a pretty good job considering the amount of new material that exists in a MMORPG. It's something that is very hard for just a few people to test as there are so many possible situations that can occur to produce an error.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Fact #1: A merchant thinks the economy is failed when the prices are so competitively priced that he cannot snag deals and merch them.
    Actually, that's not it at all...

A merchant thinks the economy is failed when there are so many of the best items dropping that any item listed in the auction is unlikely to sell even if you undercut every other seller.

When you start having to list items 3 and 4 times, you lose any profit you could make to the listing fees.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Actually, that's not it at all...

A merchant thinks the economy is failed when there are so many of the best items dropping that any item listed in the auction is unlikely to sell even if you undercut every other seller.

When you start having to list items 3 and 4 times, you lose any profit you could make to the listing fees.
    Which items are you talking about...? I don't know about you, but I'm still finding it relatively easy to merch as well as buy and sell. Perhaps you're looking into the wrong market? I know you've told me that you focus on only one end of the market. I gotta tell you.. the profit is not only there.

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #56
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXz21 View Post
    really a bug? i have worked on somegames MMorpg and i know this game have a base date (maybe mysql or fttp whatever this is only for update and change value on it.) and i know u need put the DAMAGE on the table and after this u need go to client descompile some files and now put the GR2 (3D files) items and epk or whatever extension sts use on it.. and change the value on client item too..

maybe this can be a ''error'' but a bug?? i don't think so and u know that.
    Sure, error. Not sure what difference it makes for you guys if I call it an error or a bug? Both are caused by a human making a mistake, there's no such thing as a bug that's not caused by someone making an error.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    This post is in no way meant to disrespect anyone at STG.........

In my experience in life, "creative" types of people usually are terrible at checking things over. I guess it's just something that people need to accept.
    I work for a software company while I am not a developer, I work closely with developers and people in QA. I see bugs like this all of the time. Stuff like the end user will find in 5 seconds but the devs or QA people will miss. Given the size of the game and how many things could go wrong, this doesn't surprise me. Either there is not a process in place to check the final stats on all items being released, or there is and someone missed it or someone made a last minute change. Even though there is a lot of negativity about bugs/nerfs, I am impressed with the overall quality of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Honestly... the players complaining about the nerf should know by know not to making drastic decisions in the early release of a major patch...There's usually ALWAYS a second decision.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Which items are you talking about...? I don't know about you, but I'm still finding it relatively easy to merch as well as buy and sell. Perhaps you're looking into the wrong market? I know you've told me that you focus on only one end of the market. I gotta tell you.. the profit is not only there.
    I was talking about these rings! haha

Also items like the quills when Elite Undim Fields was bugged. Yes, I'm having no problem merching, but I tend to stay away from end game items. I do farm and sell plenty of them, but the prices are so unstable on new items it's best to stay away.

I miss the old days of merching in PL where item prices were usually very stable. I don't know if that will ever exist in AL because once we are done with an expansion all the elite pinks are discontinued and no longer drop.

Perhaps we will see this in the future on the old mythic helms, armor, weapons, old arcane, etc....when they all become twink items. Maybe then the prices will stabilize. I can see a future where maybe when we are at level 56 we are merching level 26 arcane hooks and mythic helms in the way we merched level 25 earthquake and onyx stuff in PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

The pirate rings are now scrap metal, my DPS & damage on my warrior with a lvl30 ring has dropped about 20 points, that's a heck of a knockback.

Ah well back to the Night Ocean Ripple of Warfare.