Thread: Help: End game full mythic mage build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Question Help: End game full mythic mage build

So I have finally reached full mythic status and now need to focus on getting pvp ap. I was wondering if yall could help me with a basic build. I'm not sure if ill b too squishy going full int. I was thinkingnmaybe 80 20 str int to help with hp and shield. I understand the basic stun lb combo but was wondering if there were any other viable strategies. Ifnu have full mythic gear is it smart to use it all in pvp or should I use some sort of hybrid gear to increase armor and hps any further... my pet choice will probably b a capprd slag.... unless there n is another good one.. thanks for the help

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

If I am going for kills I use - fire light curse shield with 100% intel
    If I am going for flags I use - wind curse shield heal with 60 str / 150 intel

Passives for kills are obvious - int damage crit dex etc etc
    Passives for flagging - int str movement armor

Shield is used with all but knockback
    Fire I use various set ups but usually all but reduce hit
    Wind all 5 points r used
    Curse all 5 points r used
    Lightning all is used but chain lightning

And of course all things can be tweaked due to personal preference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

i have the same build for killer mage!!! as a twink

fire light curse shield

but the only diff is. i have life giver!!! i prefer to use 5 skill combo for better survivability.
    im using life usually for warrs and high lvl rouges...
    though most of the time i stick to my 4 skill combo... LG(5th skill) always save me during pvp matches, even group fight!!!

and i tried this build on my pve sorc (lvl 36) during free respec weekend and the outcome is impressive...
    though the effectiveness of swapping skills rely on your ping, it is worth the extra 2 sp for LG if you can swap skills in a shortest possible time.

-more practice and nice ping!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

The above are fun builds. I do find it a pain to run without lifegiver, but you can be an effective 1v1 killer without it. Just take care if you are using fireball or slag with curse not to stun your opponent while they are cursed. Otherwise defeats they whole purpose of cursing them. For my curse build I run without fire. I occasionally run with slag or clyde but don't use their arcane either until the curse runs out or when I see the rogue in trouble and running for health packs. If you are going to be a curse mage and run without lifegiver you may consider using frost instead of fire for 1v1 battles. Has higher damage and will slow but not stun your opponent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

but with LG i can give a good challenge over warrs and sometimes i can gain W over them. and also, when fighting a group match i switch my 4 skill (fire, light, curse, shield) to (fire, curse, life, and shield) for being a support mage...

so, Life giver doin fine for me.

and when fighting a curse mage with the same build i have advantage over them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zwapper View Post
    but with LG i can give a good challenge over warrs and sometimes i can gain W over them. and also, when fighting a group match i switch my 4 skill (fire, light, curse, shield) to (fire, curse, life, and shield) for being a support mage...

LOL sa dami nang magaling na mage sa guild dito kapa nag ask XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sprtcuz View Post
    LOL sa dami nang magaling na mage sa guild dito kapa nag ask XD
    ndi nmn ako nagtatanong. nag suggest lng ako ng build, yan kasi ung build ko sa twink ko eh, effective sya khit sa mga warriors.
    kya nag suggest ako na baka pde din sa end gamer mage yn kasi nasubukan ko na gawin yn kay zwaati nung may free respec.

ang kinalabasan eh mgnda nmn. khit undergear ako at klban ko may mga mythic items nkakapanalo p nmn ako so, sinabi ko ung build ko at suggestion n din!!!

^_^

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zwapper View Post

You don't even have an advantage over my flag build. Ur fireball still makes you take a lot of damage from my curse. My wind barely makes me receive anything in return and it makes me a lot more defensive. + fireball typically stuns for longer than wind which makes your curse even less effective against it.
    Last edited by Psykopathic28; 10-02-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

i dont think so...

i kinda use curse a bit long already and i know all the pros and cons about this skills. it depends on how you manage to use your set of skills.
    im a curse user, why should i use stun while you are under my curse??? LOL
    I face a lot of curse user on my lvl even higher than my lvl, and they keep on arguing with me coz im using 5 skills. one of them called me cheater coz im using 5 skills and told that he will report me. hehehehe!!!

I want to challenge your psykopathic with my high lvl mage but i dont have any decent gear at all....

^_^