Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-09-30 Content Update (131063)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin D. Padilla View Post
    In reward should make 60% off in platinum !!!! Because u will not give back the gold
    Oooooo......I totally support this ;o)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaabu View Post
    It is called mis-representation. It is every bit STS's fault. I'm not debating how much the price was. Even if it was 20K, if one didn't have that amount, plats would have been bought to purchase it, if so desired. Regardless of price, money was involved.

Mis-representation leading to sub-issues is the issue. How would you like to buy (for example) an iPad promising an A7 chip but turned out to be an A5 chip inside? Whose fault was that? The consumer whom paid for it? Or the people whom advertised so? And then, the people whom advertised so, just issue you an apology note. How would you feel?

FYI, I'm not the affected one. Just voicing out for rest of guild mates as I deem fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    But you paid gold for the ring seller, not sts.
    Ok so let's use this "ring seller" logic

Apple makes a IPad stating it has a A7 chip but only has a A5 they sell it to Rogers (or wherever you would go to get a IPad) & Rogers sells the IPad to you, u later find out it only had the A5 chip, so who gets in Trouble with the consumer? Not Rogers, they only sold you the IPad all the backlash would come back to the creators (apple) & apple would be responsible for refunding these iPads

~I never got one of these rings but I can defiantly feel sorry for the people who did spend 1-4m on them
    Last edited by Derezzzed; 10-01-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

This is a poor analogy as aapl gets to set the price of their gadgets... Sts does not dictate wat these rings sold for we do.

If you thought oh wow I'm getting this ring that's better than blood at a fraction of its price and got burnt I really can't sympathized with you.

To those that said they used plat to farm these rings you are obvious liars. Why would you need elixirs to farm rings?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gatzoo5505 View Post
    This is a poor analogy as aapl gets to set the price of their gadgets... Sts does not dictate wat these rings sold for we do.

If you thought oh wow I'm getting this ring that's better than blood at a fraction of its price and got burnt I really can't sympathized with you.

To those that said they used plat to farm these rings you are obvious liars. Why would you need elixirs to farm rings?
    You read way to into the post, my point is, it's the original creators fault for releasing a bugged product on the market, not the sellers, if there was no bugged product to begin with there would be no sellers to sell the bugged product

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #65
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

No player should be blamed for this. Buying one of these rings for gold made perfect sense, they were really good and it's very rare that we go out and nerf an item after it's gone live. We handled this poorly, especially by letting these rings remain in a broken state the entire weekend.

I feel extra bad for players that spent a lot of gold, or even worse, platinum to buy gold, to purchase one of these rings.

All I can do is apologize and promise that we will do our best to ensure it won't happen again.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Live and learn guys. Alot of other companies wouldn't even bother offering even an apology. STS seems to be pretty good in terms of hearing the community of players for a MMORPG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    No player should be blamed for this. Buying one of these rings for gold made perfect sense, they were really good and it's very rare that we go out and nerf an item after it's gone live. We handled this poorly, especially by letting these rings remain in a broken state the entire weekend.

I feel extra bad for players that spent a lot of gold, or even worse, platinum to buy gold, to purchase one of these rings.

All I can do is apologize and promise that we will do our best to ensure it won't happen again.
    I can accept it (though I never bought the ring) a lot of companies for MMOs wouldn't even apologize so I can appreciate that, yet it doesn't really help when some players have 1-4m gold outta there pockets, my suggestion is if you guys don't work weekends release the updates on Monday, Tuesday or Wensday so you (& the players) can catch a bug and have it patched fast so this never happens again

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Derezzzed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

that's an admirable statement. I appreciate it a lot more than "u should have known there was a problem" statement I've seen implied from u guys. However, there is more u could do. U could have people who spent gold on the ring submit a claim, u could then review ur records and refund the gold to our accounts. It would take some work/effort but it would be the right thing to do. Doing things the easy way (not double checking, submitting to QA, etc) is what created this mess in the first place.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #69
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    that's an admirable statement. I appreciate it a lot more than "u should have known there was a problem" statement I've seen implied from u guys. However, there is more u could do. U could have people who spent gold on the ring submit a claim, u could then review ur records and refund the gold to our accounts. It would take some work/effort but it would be the right thing to do. Doing things the easy way (not double checking, submitting to QA, etc) is what created this mess in the first place.
    It is not that easy. So we refund the gold to those players, do we also take it away from the seller? If we don't, we've now introduced millions upon millions of extra gold in to the economy. If we do, we're punishing different players that also didn't do anything wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Even aapl released bugs they just provide updates to fix it. While it is easy to refund a tangible product not so easy when dealing with virtual products.

I appreciate the apology from sts. It is what it is we just need to move on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

It is not that easy. So we refund the gold to those players, do we also take it away from the seller? If we don't, we've now introduced millions upon millions of extra gold in to the economy. If we do, we're punishing different players that also didn't do anything wrong.
    with the ability to convert plat to gold is introducing more gold to the economy a big deal? i'm just getting more upset thinking about this so i'm going to get over it. i appreciate ur statement. In the future when new items are introduce i guess i'll wait until monday to decide whether or not to really buy one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

What I would say is to freeze loot-tables right now and allow liquidation of the rings for 200k-500k temporarily (like the forgotten weapons in PL). Then, after this phase is complete, allow them to drop again and return their liquidation values to normal.

Sure, it might bring a few mil gold to the economy... but that gold will be scattered since they weren't collected or anything. Overall, I think that this would even slightly boost the spending which might lead to a healthier boost in the economy.

EDIT: Taejo helped with this suggestion.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

So, about that beta testing team...

One way to smooth things over with the community is by handing out more treats than tricks during the Halloween event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    So, about that beta testing team...

One way to smooth things over with the community is by handing out more treats than tricks during the Halloween event
    Well played on words.

I'd love more treats than tricks!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ainea View Post
    I agree on the leaderboard thing. Maybe you could check if there were any timed runs made this weekend? We'd been thinking of running too but decided against it when it became clear on here that the stats probably weren't intended that way because a) we didn't want to exploit what might be (and in the end was) a bug and b) we assumed any timed runs made with the rings/this weekend would be reset anyway since they may just be unbeatable after the nerf - at least for now.
    It looks like most of the current recs were rewritten with those rings, so yeah. Just seems a bit odd to nerf the rings back but leave the times set with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fix the wind skill for sorcerers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    It looks like most of the current recs were rewritten with those rings, so yeah. Just seems a bit odd to nerf the rings back but leave the times set with them.
    How can you tell if it was with the rings or not?

I'm sorry, but it seems that ALOT of people are taking advantage of STS in light of the current situation here. The LB's being one.

I'm not directing this towards you, i'm saying in general.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    What I would say is to freeze loot-tables right now and allow liquidation of the rings for 200k-500k temporarily (like the forgotten weapons in PL). Then, after this phase is complete, allow them to drop again and return their liquidation values to normal.

Sure, it might bring a few mil gold to the economy... but that gold will be scattered since they weren't collected or anything. Overall, I think that this would even slightly boost the spending which might lead to a healthier boost in the economy.

^agreed and probably the best way to go about it, clear the CS of all these rings, make them non-tradeable & make them stop dropping until this time is over IMO this would probably be the best & easiest way to go (assuming STS is going to do something)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post

I like that in theory, but how would that help those that bought them for a lot of gold and sold them dirt cheap or even liquidated them already? Personally, I like to keep my inventory somewhat clean and get rid of useless stuff - one way or another. I know of a lot of people that are the same way and thus wouldn't benefit from this at all, even though they lost lots of gold just like everyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ainea View Post
    I like that in theory, but how would that help those that bought them for a lot of gold and sold them dirt cheap or even liquidated them already? Personally, I like to keep my inventory somewhat clean and get rid of useless stuff - one way or another. I know of a lot of people that are the same way and thus wouldn't benefit from this at all, even though they lost lots of gold just like everyone else.
    STS can't help everyone. Keep in mind, I'm not someone who lost anything from these rings and made the smart decision not to buy them until they answered on Monday.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List