Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I don't appreciate being cyber bullied

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default I don't appreciate being cyber bullied

This is what someone said to me couldn't figure out how to not show name sry. Tophatnuke is the guy. I'm butter
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  646.3 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  806.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  821.3 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  843.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  682.1 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  694.8 KB

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Report. Ignore. Play. Simple.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Well they're mean... Mute and report please. People like them don't deserve to play this game. Just remember, you'd pwn them anyday in pvp trash talkers never win

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Morons are morons, can't help them. They compensate their own bad feelings by creating bad feelings to others. Best thing to do is ignore and move on.

Report them to support(a)spacetimestudios.com

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Low level pvp... Figures.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trenton For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Ty so much everyone. Really makes me feel better. Glad to see great ppl in pl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ooommmggg View Post
    Well they're mean... Mute and report please. People like them don't deserve to play this game. Just remember, you'd pwn them anyday in pvp trash talkers never win
    Don't see your logic there lol.

Realistically, you can't mute every single jerk in PvP (at least not before they start to "cyber bully"). If you're going to get upset about every smug remark or insult thrown at you, you won't have fun in PvP. We also won't want to read a thread about it every time it happens.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Don't see your logic there lol.

Realistically, you can't mute every single jerk in PvP (at least not before they start to "cyber bully"). If you're going to get upset about every smug remark or insult thrown at you, you won't have fun in PvP. We also won't want to read a thread about it every time it happens.
    But you'd say being called down syndrome and a "fcking retard" are just everyday smug remarks? I'm glad they posted it, not to just clutter forums, but to actually get the dev's attention somewhat. No matter how many times you report in game or email StS, they're usually still running around throwing hurtful remarks at people.

EDIT: I do get your point though, as everyone who gets called silly comes on here and gripes, but I'd say this isn't really one of those times.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trenton For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    But you'd say being called down syndrome and a "fcking retard" are just everyday smug remarks? I'm glad they posted it, not to just clutter forums, but to actually get the dev's attention somewhat. No matter how many times you report in game or email StS, they're usually still running around throwing hurtful remarks at people.

EDIT: I do get your point though, as everyone who gets called silly comes on here and gripes, but I'd say this isn't really one of those times.
    I see your point, but I think he could have taken the screenshots directly to STS support, or PM'd a dev directly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

What really sucks is when people like me counter the cyber bullies by killing them repeatedly and then someone else comes in and mistakes me for cyber bullying and starts more drama >.<

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    What really sucks is when people like me counter the cyber bullies by killing them repeatedly and then someone else comes in and mistakes me for cyber bullying and starts more drama >.<
    Happens all the time...What's even worse is the people that join late don't try to understand what happened, they just rush you because they think they have a reason.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah:1284809
    Same

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post

I've experienced much worse on multiple occasions, as have many others. Also, I wouldn't say this has gotten the devs' attention when they haven't even posted yet. This stuff is posted all the time.

It certainly is one of those times. There's no reason for them to come here and post it. Doesn't do any better than simply reporting the person, we've seen that numerous times in the past. Like I said, there's been way worse things said in PvP, some of which has even been posted here. Not to justify what the person said, but seriously, PvP (or the internet in general really) isn't the place for people who get upset over hollow insults to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

I can see both ways...

I agree with Myst because when you play an online game with real people, you're always at risk of hearing things you shouldn't, or getting made fun of. I think it has happened to everyone over their PL career, especially in PvP. PvP is naturally a very competitive place, so it's easy to take things the wrong way or say things you shouldn't.

I also agree with Trent, because I think saying the player had down syndrome and being a retard was a little far. That has no relation to PvP whatsoever, so I can see why the player came to the forums and posted.

Either way, the best thing is to report the player and email StS the screenshots, because the forums aren't really the place to talk about problems like this. The only help you'll get is from other players, because devs rarely comment on threads, especially these types.

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Please use the report feature in game or message us at support@spacetimestudios.com
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Delphina For This Useful Post: