Thread: Samael passive healing is bug!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Default Samael passive healing is bug!

To all Samael owners, I just posted this in technical bugs forum as well, but theres more traffic here. Samael's passive healing seems to not proc all the time when in a dungeon. I ran an entire map of KM3 and WT4 without it ever turning on. Can any other owners chime in on this? I thought this only applies to towns, but it apparently doesn't turn on during fights as well!

Would dev's please take a look at this? My Samael did turn on at lower levels, but suddenly went away recently at mid levels. I've tried auto feed on/off and it makes no difference as well.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Do you let your pet attack at least once? The green circle (heal and mana regen) below Samael indicates the regen should be active. The circle appears only after Samael attacks something and should stay active for the entire run.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Do you let your pet attack at least once? The green circle (heal and mana regen) below Samael indicates the regen should be active. The circle appears only after Samael attacks something and should stay active for the entire run.
    I actually took a closer look and it appears perhaps he's too low level to be doing any damage for that "first blood" attack. He knocks over a barrel in forrest and it procs -_-" I'll level him up a little more. If he's working fine for others, perhaps it's a level problem. Wish this was in the notes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    I actually took a closer look and it appears perhaps he's too low level to be doing any damage for that "first blood" attack. He knocks over a barrel in forrest and it procs -_-" I'll level him up a little more. If he's working fine for others, perhaps it's a level problem. Wish this was in the notes!
    That could indeed be the case. I got 2 lv36 Samaels on both sorc and rogue, both seem to heal/refill mana as intended.

In case that Samael works fine once he's starting to actually deal Dmg at higher levels, it might be a bug that needs to be looked into.

I'd be curious to know if your problem gets fixed once he lvls up a bit more.

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I'll level him a bit tonight and get back to you! That could be STS's lazy way of not making him heal in town. Just sucks for the initial grind to level him because you'll think he's broken! Ty for your samael in depth guide as well! I seriously had my goal set on Glacian and then be comfortable with full geared set until I saw your review! I just had to see -100000 hit points on my screen. I'm now the working poor again, but at least Sam's got my back!

10% crit and damage will make this pet last till I'm level 100! The +100hp will be laughable someday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    I'll level him a bit tonight and get back to you! That could be STS's lazy way of not making him heal in town. Just sucks for the initial grind to level him because you'll think he's broken! Ty for your samael in depth guide as well! I seriously had my goal set on Glacian and then be comfortable with full geared set until I saw your review! I just had to see -100000 hit points on my screen. I'm now the working poor again, but at least Sam's got my back!

10% crit and damage will make this pet last till I'm level 100! The +100hp will be laughable someday.

I've never regretted getting this pet. I can comfortably say that this pet alone has improve my playing experience on a day to day basis.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

The heal circle can sometime be hidden under the floor. Hp and mana regain numbers popping up every 2secs means its working.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    The heal circle can sometime be hidden under the floor. Hp and mana regain numbers popping up every 2secs means its working.
    Very true, although in case your health/mana is full, those numbers won't pop up. In that case, another visual effect would be the cylindrical green pulse around your toon every 2 seconds, that's there even with full health/mana.

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Alright, I leveled Sam up a bit and this is what I concluded. From level's 1-16, the only places he will proc are in the normal maps like brakenridge etc. Once he hits 17+ it will turn on almost instantaneously in farming maps like KM3. Very happy that this wasn't a bug, but more like an unintended issue. I guess not many players will keep their Samael that low level unless they're PVP'ing as a twink.

So far my experience as a new owner of this pet are summarized as follows:
    -Level 1-16 felt like I wasted my gold's savings cuz it doesn't even work
    -Level 17-19 now healing procs, but with a 17+ price tag, I should have just got hammer + glacian.
    -Level 20+ Wow what a sweet pet!!! It's like you have a 5th player in a party doing windmills that also poisons with crits!

Overall, I'm very satisfied with him now and will be using him for a long time to come. No regrets on selling my hooks + non soulbound mythic gear to get this pet. Although he doesn't group buff, banishment and terrify will hopefully help out my elite parties! I had a glacian owner that actually told me wow your pet does massive damage to mobs! His glacian only does 2 spires that only damages 2 enemies on an attack! Thank you JaytB again for your indepth guide as this is truely a worthwhile investment decision! Blew my years worth of gold savings on this one xD

Any elite farmers out there, feel free to add me Please message me first before adding as I don't add randoms

-Kakashis
    Last edited by Kakashis; 10-03-2013 at 02:48 PM.