Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Guide] Elondrian Gems additional stats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Default [Guide] Elondrian Gems additional stats

Info:

Elondrian Gem: Made with Elondrian Shard during upgrade, gives pure Health depends on item level.
    Costs: 10 Elondrian Essence

Crafting availability: [2014-07-01]-[2014-07-24]

Additional Health Points per level

Name:  elogem2.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  183.9 KB

The yellow zone means good due to dinamic scaling, light yellow zone not recommended.
    Last edited by Haligali; 07-22-2014 at 12:47 AM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

First... well everytime just 1 extra health so easy. and on grand 2x so much. extra health

Rogue l36:Xxadriaanxxx (main)
    Rogue l10: Twinkingalot (Auctioneer)
    Rogue l12:Untouchabless (no deaths)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adriaan3 View Post
    First... well everytime just 1 extra health so easy. and on grand 2x so much. extra health
    I just did it as a homework, and not +1 on every lvl.

Did you used any somewhere? Here is what i made without plat used today:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adriaan3 View Post
    Huh...?

Maybe useful at twink levels for wars dunno...

*deletes*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Well apart from improving our leprechauns for some extra HP, nothing else pushes you enough for it. Considering the gem cost for full supergems to make Elondrian Shards a considerable option, the loss of previous supergems and primarily damage for rogues/warriors plus no STR for the sorcerer's arcane shield.. I'd say overall, noooope.

Thanks for putting it together though Hali, it might help for twinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Well apart from improving our leprechauns for some extra HP, nothing else pushes you enough for it. Considering the gem cost for full supergems to make Elondrian Shards a considerable option, the loss of previous supergems and primarily damage for rogues/warriors plus no STR for the sorcerer's arcane shield.. I'd say overall, noooope.

Thanks for putting it together though Hali, it might help for twinks.
    I use multiple blood rubies i might make an HP blood ruby and i might make an HP mythic bow but than again all i do is pvp level 41
    Last edited by Speedofsound; 07-14-2014 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I've done some figuring, and it appears these gems will be extremely useful at certain twink levels, especially for rogues.

For warriors, they may be better off using blood gems which also give a good amount of health, plus they get the added damage from the STR points.

For sorcerers, they may also be better off using blood gems if they use the Arcane Shield skill, because the STR points boost your shield absorption in addition to the health points.

However, for rogues, they do not get any other benefit from STR points other than 10 health for each one. So if a rogue is looking for a health boost, this would be the best way.

Also, if you look at certain twink levels, for example level 8, a regular gem only gives 1 stat point, and a grand gem gives 2 stat points. However an elondrian shard gives 27 health and a grand gem gives 58 health. So that is an enormous increase. But then once you move to level 9, then gems/grand gems give 1 more stat point, so it becomes much less useful.

Since the health bonus given by the elondrian shard is linear, there will be certain twink levels at the top of their gem bonus scale (level 8 is the highest level that gives 1/2 stat points for gems/grand gems) where the shards become very powerful. I think it is here where they will be useful, especially for rogues.

Level 41 may very well be one of those levels, as it seems like once we move onto level 42, a regular gem will move to 4 stat points. So at level 41, the elondrian shards become very useful for rogues, and for PvE warriors who tank.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-14-2014 at 06:08 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Idk when the event started i was hopeing for some gems like the tarlock ones i dont wana use the life gem ill just hold onto them till worth some gold.

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Moved to player guides
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Seoratrek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

After looking at your tarlok gem guide and comparing, I think these shards would be awesome for all classes at levels 5-8 and levels 21-24. The amount of health they give is just so much more than what regular or tarlok gems will give at those levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default [Guide] Elondrian Gems additional stats

Myth ring maybe if u use 3 toons i guess

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I've done some figuring, and it appears these gems will be extremely useful at certain twink levels, especially for rogues.

For warriors, they may be better off using blood gems which also give a good amount of health, plus they get the added damage from the STR points.

For sorcerers, they may also be better off using blood gems if they use the Arcane Shield skill, because the STR points boost your shield absorption in addition to the health points.

However, for rogues, they do not get any other benefit from STR points other than 10 health for each one. So if a rogue is looking for a health boost, this would be the best way.

Also, if you look at certain twink levels, for example level 8, a regular gem only gives 1 stat point, and a grand gem gives 2 stat points. However an elondrian shard gives 27 health and a grand gem gives 58 health. So that is an enormous increase. But then once you move to level 9, then gems/grand gems give 1 more stat point, so it becomes much less useful.

Since the health bonus given by the elondrian shard is linear, there will be certain twink levels at the top of their gem bonus scale (level 8 is the highest level that gives 1/2 stat points for gems/grand gems) where the shards become very powerful. I think it is here where they will be useful, especially for rogues.

Level 41 may very well be one of those levels, as it seems like once we move onto level 42, a regular gem will move to 4 stat points. So at level 41, the elondrian shards become very useful for rogues, and for PvE warriors who tank.
    Good point, i made a chart to compare with other gems. This stats are calculated to warriors, but 1 str gives 10 health to every class, so blood gem give the same amount of hp for mages and rogues too.

Name:  warelo.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  221.2 KB

Regular elondrian gem looks not soo good on lvl9, but it is still worth if you made them grand due to the dinamic scaling. It offers 2x much hp as grand blood gems.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I did some math on lvl41: blood gem gives 30 hp or put 3 point on str with respec (i prefer this, im not a fan of blood gems in mage gear, since it makes your gear pvp usable only, while if you put some points on str instead of full int, then you can respec back anytime for full int if you go pve) plus 3 str gives ((2*3)+0)*3.5)=21 damage absorb to your shield, so one blood gem or 3 point str on lvl41 gives you 51 while elondrian gem gives 54, grand blood or 6 point str gives 60+42=102, while grand elondrian gem 113.

Taking into account that your shield is not active all the time, i think it is useful for mages too.
    Last edited by Haligali; 07-15-2014 at 05:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Taking into account that your shield is not active all the time, i think it is useful for mages too.
    For PvE mages that use shield mainly to secure a good positioning of the first time shift, I agree since the two-second invulnerability is pretty much all you need. But, for PvP mages I disagree since the second your shield drops, you're pretty much ready to tap that respawn button.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

For PvE mages that use shield mainly to secure a good positioning of the first time shift, I agree since the two-second invulnerability is pretty much all you need. But, for PvP mages I disagree since the second your shield drops, you're pretty much ready to tap that respawn button.
    So you say that the shield only useful while the 2 sec invu active?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Speedofsound View Post
    I use multiple blood rubies i might make an HP blood ruby and i might make an HP mythic bow but than again all i do is pvp level 41
    Or maybe put them into an arcane ring, so it will be useful for all 3 classes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    So you say that the shield only useful while the 2 sec invu active?
    Primarily, yes. I'm not trying to devalue the awesome. 45% damage reduction that follows but an experienced mage can run elites without it. Gale works wonders if you know how to use it - without the speed and dash upgrade of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Primarily, yes. I'm not trying to devalue the awesome. 45% damage reduction that follows but an experienced mage can run elites without it. Gale works wonders if you know how to use it - without the speed and dash upgrade of course.
    It seems i cannot convice you hehe, but i think these gems fits well in secondary gear like wild talismans. Pick fang/lunar if you need damage, switch to wild amulet with elondrian gems if you need extra health to survive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think on expensive gear like an arcane ring, it would be worth the cost to try to get perfect elondrian shards and that would also help its value as it would be useful for all classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

nice guide Hali !