Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How damage nerf affected us rhinos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

My endgame rhino called visiting can kill anything as long as it dosent have to fight savage after the nerf it takes about 10 mins to kill a warbird and impossible against pallys and bears but if you increased damage for rhinos all birds and int mages woudnt stand a chance so not sure what a rhino needs, I say keep it as it is but that maybe a diffrent story in lower level pvp

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ssneakykills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    My endgame rhino called visiting can kill anything as long as it dosent have to fight savage after the nerf it takes about 10 mins to kill a warbird and impossible against pallys and bears but if you increased damage for rhinos all birds and int mages woudnt stand a chance so not sure what a rhino needs, I say keep it as it is but that maybe a diffrent story in lower level pvp
    Yup at endgame if rhino damage is increased these 2 classes would have alot of trouble..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheenivie For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Think about what that will do to 20 rhinos. They are already very powerful, but with increased damage, they will probably be unstoppable.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reun View Post
    Think about what that will do to 20 rhinos. They are already very powerful, but with increased damage, they will probably be unstoppable.
    I believe that could be fixed by nerfing the 20 rhino and bear plat pack.

@ssnea: Yeah, I guess that would happen.
    I'm not that experienced in endgame, as my main is only level 74.

Maybe rhino dmg shouldn't be increased, but the summon and the rhino might.
    Tempest is good enough, it's range is almost like Hellscream and Stomp, just 7m.

As far as I see right now, I only see summon being used at 61 where you have to max the skills out.
    Trenton, help me out
    Summon IMO is the weakest/one of the weakest debuffs in PL atm, if the -dodge was increased higher to somewhere a bit less then birds root, that would be fine. And I think summon should also have a -armor debuff, not like -12 armor when maxed, but more, like how a bird has break armor and the fox has too. I don't exactly see the armor debuff being a problem at endgame, because I think armor counts little there, as health is more important I think.

The dodge debuff could be useful against a bear, as bear has two dodge buffs, and whenever I fight bear, I'm always seeing the words DODGE over him.

Rhino mights range should be increased, every class has a ranged skill that can stun, root, slow, freeze them in place that's 10m/12m.
    Mage: Frostbite at 12m, freezes enemy, ice storm at 6m, freezes AoE
    Bird: Both roots at 10m, roots enemy, sight dmg, and lowers their dodge.
    Bear: Beckon at 12m, stuns them and pulls. If not pulled, then sometimes only the stun gets through. Hellscream at 8m, stuns and lowers hit. Stomp, knocks back and stuns.
    Fox: Poision dart at 10m that slows down opponent, poison needles at 8m and slows down opponent.

So I believe might should be increased to 8m/10m

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I think rhino is quite fine now. It has enough tanking capability to do well in 56+ ctf, it can tank nukers well enough at lower levels, etc. Only problem I see is divine aura, it gives way too little mana. The reason why rhinos can't do well in 1v1 fights (without OP plat packs) is that even if they tank hard enough, eventually they will run out of mana and die. Divine aura sounds like a solution to that problem, but it's just way too weak:
    Code:
    Rank 1: 10 mana, 45.5. cooldown, self-target 3s. buff, +8 mana regen rate
    Rank 2: 11 mana, 45.5. cooldown, self-target 3s. buff, +10 mana regen rate
    Rank 3: 12 mana, 45.5. cooldown, self-target 3s. buff, +12 mana regen rate
    Rank 4: 13 mana, 45.5. cooldown, self-target 3s. buff, +14 mana regen rate
    Rank 5: 14 mana, 45.5. cooldown, self-target 3s. buff, +16 mana regen rate
    Rank 6: 15 mana, 45.5. cooldown, self-target 3s. buff, +18 mana regen rate
    At rank 1 it gives 14 mana every 45 seconds... That's just useless. At rank 6 it gives 39 mana which isn't so good either, but at least it's enough to maintain tanking while regening mana with regen gear. But 6 points for mana regen skill is just too much.

I think it would be good idea to double it's mana regen boost. This way rhinos would actually stand a chance in 1v1 fights at 26-45 even without plat packs.
    Last edited by Gragorak; 10-05-2013 at 09:24 AM.
    <Enigmatic>
    Ludens necesse est, vivere non est necesse.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

I would like to make some changes to Divine Aura:
    Code:
    Rank 1: 15 mana, 20 sec. cooldown, self-target 3 sec. buff, +7 mana regen rate
    Rank 2: 15 mana, 18 sec. cooldown, self target 3 sec. buff, +9 mana regen rate
    Rank 3: 15 mana, 16 sec. cooldown, self target 3 sec. buff, +12 mana regen rate
    Rank 4: 15 mana, 16 sec. cooldown, self target 3 sec. buff, +14 mana regen rate
    Rank 5: 13 mana, 15 sec. cooldown, self target 3 sec. buff, +14 mana regen rate
    Rank 6: 13 mana, 15 sec. cooldown, self target 3 sec. buff, +18 mana regen rate
    Rank 7: 15 mana, 13 sec. cooldown, self target 3 sec. buff, +21 mana regen rate
    Rank 8: 14 mana, 13 sec. cooldown, self target 3 sec. buff, +25 mana regen rate
    Rank 9: 13 mana, 13 sec. cooldown, self target 3 sec. buff, +30 mana regen rate
    Last edited by Reunegade; 10-05-2013 at 09:35 AM.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gragorak View Post
    I think rhino is quite fine now. It has enough tanking capability to do well in 56+ ctf, it can tank nukers well enough at lower levels, etc. Only problem I see is divine aura, it gives way too little mana. The reason why rhinos can't do well in 1v1 fights (without OP plat packs) is that even if they tank hard enough, eventually they will run out of mana and die. Divine aura sounds like a solution to that problem, but it's just way too weak:
    Code:
    Rank 1: 10 mana, 45.5. cooldown, self-target 3s. buff, +8 mana regen rate
    Rank 2: 11 mana, 45.5. cooldown, self-target 3s. buff, +10 mana regen rate
    Rank 3: 12 mana, 45.5. cooldown, self-target 3s. buff, +12 mana regen rate
    Rank 4: 13 mana, 45.5. cooldown, self-target 3s. buff, +14 mana regen rate
    Rank 5: 14 mana, 45.5. cooldown, self-target 3s. buff, +16 mana regen rate
    Rank 6: 15 mana, 45.5. cooldown, self-target 3s. buff, +18 mana regen rate
    At rank 1 it gives 14 mana every 45 seconds... That's just useless. At rank 6 it gives 39 mana which isn't so good either, but at least it's enough to maintain tanking while regening mana with regen gear. But 6 points for mana regen skill is just too much.

I think it would be good idea to double it's mana regen boost. This way rhinos would actually stand a chance in 1v1 fights at 26-45 even without plat packs.
    At 51 I'm fine on mana, my fury set gives 25 mana regen, so I never run out of mana.
    When I 1vs1 a bear..most of the Time, it goes on forever, until the game ends.

All for one, and one for all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

For me at 51 it's fun when there is a ctf match but that happens rarely. they should increase range of might And its really hard to decide on stuff when if they buffed dmg would effect high level and level 20 rhino. right now I wish they could buff a class at a certain level. Or just fix rhino might where it actually does decent DMG
    Last edited by Samopwn; 10-05-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samopwn View Post
    For me at 51 it's fun when there is a ctf match but that happens rarely. they should increase range of might And its really hard to decide on stuff when if they buffed dmg would effect high level and level 20 rhino. right now I wish they could buff a class at a certain level. Or just fix rhino might where it actually does decent DMG
    20 rhinos wouldn't be aproblem if StG nerfed 20-40 bear and rhino packs.

I think the rhino mights dmg should be as it is, the stun is good enough, its just the range.
    Right now I think mights range should be 8m, and summon gets a better debuff, such as higher -dodge and good -armor debuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

My rhino can tank 4 death shotty dex mages easily for 10-15mins :/

I am a 51 rhino with fury set and full str.

I can only kill birds lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by finnman View Post
    My rhino can tank 4 death shotty dex mages easily for 10-15mins :/

I am a 51 rhino with fury set and full str.

I can only kill birds lol
    Oh yes king Finn you are the best PvPer of all time I am sure you can do that master Finn!!

Sigh... First of all if you are pure str you would run out of mana, second there can only be 3 players vs you unless there is a 5v5 which never happen at this level and last but not least I have a 50 mage and 51 rhinos can't last that long vs just one can't imagine 3... Oh wait no with you it's 4.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheenivie For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheeniviepl67 View Post
    Oh yes king Finn you are the best PvPer of all time I am sure you can do that master Finn!!

Sigh... First of all if you are pure str you would run out of mana, second there can only be 3 players vs you unless there is a 5v5 which never happen at this level and last but not least I have a 50 mage and 51 rhinos can't last that long vs just one can't imagine 3... Oh wait no with you it's 4.
    Remeber.. fury gives 6 m/s per piece of equipment. But, the statement about surviving against 4 shotty mages is like me saying I can tank 4 Elite Swift bow birds at once.... 3 might be possible, but not 4.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Remeber.. fury gives 6 m/s per piece of equipment. But, the statement about surviving against 4 shotty mages is like me saying I can tank 4 Elite Swift bow birds at once.... 3 might be possible, but not 4.
    True but if he's spamming all his skills pretty he would run out sooner or later:P only you can take on 3swift elite birds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider:1292090

Okay two of these mages were L45 but anyways those other two had death shotty set

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Okay two of these mages were L45 but anyways those other two had death shotty set
    I once killed 3 Savage bears with my 35 Copper bear.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by finnman:1294153
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider:1292090

Please get off the thread. You arent contributing in any way, unless you think trolling is helping out. I made this thread to get suggestions for the rhino and possibly have devs know what we are talking about, not for people like you to say they can out tank 3 mages.
    Ok, I can also tank 2/3 mages sometimes, and im not full str, and I can kill birds, int mages, dex mages, and sometimes bears, but I didnt make this thread to brag and say "oh em gee I bes rhino tanker I can kill ppl haha im so pro u guys suck haha gf"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    Please get off the thread. You arent contributing in any way, unless you think trolling is helping out. I made this thread to get suggestions for the rhino and possibly have devs know what we are talking about, not for people like you to say they can out tank 3 mages.
    Ok, I can also tank 2/3 mages sometimes, and im not full str, and I can kill birds, int mages, dex mages, and sometimes bears, but I didnt make this thread to brag and say "oh em gee I bes rhino tanker I can kill ppl haha im so pro u guys suck haha gf"
    Hs is 13m btw you said 7m earlier.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

And in what map was this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Hs is 13m btw you said 7m earlier.
    He is talking 61 and below
    I don't think he has a 61+ bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samopwn View Post
    He is talking 61 and below
    I don't think he has a 61+ bear
    Ah k, My bad.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.