Thread: [Guide] Sorcerer PvE Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neko View Post
    Thank you for a very helpful guide. With the release of the Tindirin campaign, would you recommend any updates/changes to your skills, passives and gear, including rings and pendants?
    Hello and you're welcome.
    I'll update the guide when I get some free time IRL.
    But yeah, what I'd suggest is:
    - if you have gold, buy mythic armor and helm and upgrade them because those are still better than current legendaries.
    - buy mythic ring. I like it more than lv41 Archon ring because of the HP and IMO, its better than archon rings. And yeah, arcane ring is best ring ingame so if you have 70m, buy it.
    - mythic necklace and tarlok brutality/assault necklace are still better than new lv41 legendaries so I suggest to keep the old necklace.
    - arcane and mythic staffs are still best weapons for mage but if you cant afford them, lv41 expedition rifle of brutality is the best choice.
    Now, about skills. I suggest to stay with the lv36 build, with updates. What I suggest is:
    - Fireball (engulf, ignite, impact). I took the AoE radius upgrade because after lots of tomb and elite runs I've ran, I found it pretty useful.
    - Frost (jagged ice, shiver).
    No changes here.
    - Time Shift (full). I took all upgrades because with Dodge and Death you deal ~15-35% more dmg with clock drop, and Time Bomb upgrade because you hit about 50% of your clock drop damage which means if you hit 1k with Time Shift, you will do another 500dmg at the end of Time Shift effect to all targets that are under Time Shift's effect. I took those two upgrades because of extra dps.
    - Arcane Shield (extended shield, static resonance, hardened shielding)
    I took 2sec invulnerabilty because Dragon Enclave elites are lots harder than elites before the lv41 cap.
    Lightning (empowered bolt).
    No changes here either.
    - Passives: Knowledge 5/5, Might 5/5, Critical 5/5, Agility or Damage 5/5.
    Agility or Damage is up to you. If you want more HP, get agility, if you want more dmg, get Damage passive.

Cheers and have fun playing a mage!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chorba69 For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chorba69 View Post
    Hello and you're welcome.
    I'll update the guide when I get some free time IRL.
    But yeah, what I'd suggest is:
    - if you have gold, buy mythic armor and helm and upgrade them because those are still better than current legendaries.
    - buy mythic ring. I like it more than lv41 Archon ring because of the HP and IMO, its better than archon rings. And yeah, arcane ring is best ring ingame so if you have 70m, buy it.
    - mythic necklace and tarlok brutality/assault necklace are still better than new lv41 legendaries so I suggest to keep the old necklace.
    - arcane and mythic staffs are still best weapons for mage but if you cant afford them, lv41 expedition rifle of brutality is the best choice.
    Now, about skills. I suggest to stay with the lv36 build, with updates. What I suggest is:
    - Fireball (engulf, ignite, impact). I took the AoE radius upgrade because after lots of tomb and elite runs I've ran, I found it pretty useful.
    - Frost (jagged ice, shiver).
    No changes here.
    - Time Shift (full). I took all upgrades because with Dodge and Death you deal ~15-35% more dmg with clock drop, and Time Bomb upgrade because you hit about 50% of your clock drop damage which means if you hit 1k with Time Shift, you will do another 500dmg at the end of Time Shift effect to all targets that are under Time Shift's effect. I took those two upgrades because of extra dps.
    - Arcane Shield (extended shield, static resonance, hardened shielding)
    I took 2sec invulnerabilty because Dragon Enclave elites are lots harder than elites before the lv41 cap.
    Lightning (empowered bolt).
    No changes here either.
    - Passives: Knowledge 5/5, Might 5/5, Critical 5/5, Agility or Damage 5/5.
    Agility or Damage is up to you. If you want more HP, get agility, if you want more dmg, get Damage passive.

Cheers and have fun playing a mage!
    Thanks for your detailed reply! I started rather late in AL and have a lot of catching up to do.

I don't have a lot of gold, but enough to start making some important decisions on how I should spend it. My Mage is currently at Level 29 and is sporting the odd assortment of Tarlok gear and a Level 29 Exp Assault Rifle. I love its DPS and lightning proc.

Let me check my pocket for 70m...nope (grin) so, do you recommend Fang of Fenrir or Lunar Pendant?
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neko View Post
    Thanks for your detailed reply! I started rather late in AL and have a lot of catching up to do.

I don't have a lot of gold, but enough to start making some important decisions on how I should spend it. My Mage is currently at Level 29 and is sporting the odd assortment of Tarlok gear and a Level 29 Exp Assault Rifle. I love its DPS and lightning proc.

Let me check my pocket for 70m...nope (grin) so, do you recommend Fang of Fenrir or Lunar Pendant?
    Lunar is for Mages and Fang is for Rouges...
    Gonna try this build on next free respec. I chose lifegiver which I regret